Rousseau Weaknesses

Advertisement
should have played last year period.paid a price by missing Games and practice reps
will dominate in try out camp in Indy. massive upside
prediction big time reach at 16 by Raiders

Think there was a rumor that Rousseau gained a lot of weight since the season ended. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. Think he might slip a little, as I don't think sitting out helped him. Either way I expect him, Phillips and Paye to be the first 3 EDGEs off the board.

Even though we’re never supposed to compare our guys to Gaytas, I actually think Dunlap is a very good comp for Rousseau.

Advertisement
Ever consider the forum might be better/of greater interest with more -- not fewer -- frank opinions and unbiased evaluations from people not swayed by their green and orange glasses.

No one is saying Rousseau and Brevin aren't excellent players/NFL prospects. They wouldn't be projected to go in the First and Third Rounds, respectively, if they weren't.

I dont see Leonard Floyd i see JPP.

To be honest Artie Burns was some mid HERE. Njoku would be a much better player playing on another team not the Browns. **** he transformed himself and actually is a physical run blocker now adding to his repertoire.
A little muscular mass would help tremendously, I've seen bigger strong safeties then him. Not negative, just, HONEST.

DE9A5672-D8A0-4991-A53B-1F61E2677195.png

👀...

Boards aren't the actual draft.

How many times does it have to be proven to some of these knuckleheads that your little sister or niece knows more about when someone will be drafted....than these so called scouts.

It's ALWAYS better to just wait and see. These board count for nothing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Boards aren't the actual draft.

How many times does it have to be proven to some of these knuckleheads that your little sister or niece knows more about when someone will be drafted....than these so called scouts.

It's ALWAYS better to just wait and see. These board count for nothing
Listen man...the "evaluators" on TV, online, especially guys like Brugler, Zeirlein, etc. Get a lot of their info from Intel from their connections with teams...not all teams obviously. Some team may love him or are holding their cards...but it's likely he's not as high on most teams as he would be here.

I think Phillips is likely higher on most, if not all boards. We'll see come draft time, I guess, but a few people on the board have been preparing yall, so when draft day comes, maybe yall shouldn't be shocked and what unfolds.

Advertisement
Listen man...the "evaluators" on TV, online, especially guys like Brugler, Zeirlein, etc. Get a lot of their info from Intel from their connections with teams...not all teams obviously. Some team may love him or are holding their cards...but it's likely he's not as high on most teams as he would be here.

I think Phillips is likely higher on most, if not all boards. We'll see come draft time, I guess, but a few people on the board have been preparing yall, so when draft day comes, maybe yall shouldn't be shocked and what unfolds.
I would love Phillips on my Pats, but we desperately need offensive skill help. Which means Bill drafts a corner to replace Gilmore.

Advertisement

Why would anyone be surprised??? I have NO skin on where he goes in the draft ..do you??

You want to believe in "ALL KNOWING SCOUTS", the Easter Bunny or Santa, that's your choice.

My life continues moving forward in a very good way regardless of the draft results....another thing I'm sure of is that Rousseau's life will significantly improve $$$$wise regardless of his final draft position. So there's no reason to be sweating bullets come draft day..

Teams draft talent on draft day that they feel is in their best interests. Not to please a player's fans or HATERS.

The only thing you can be certain of is that some team will draft him and Rousseau will be a lot richer. I wish him well

Last edited:
I don’t understand the hype around Kwity Paye. Dude had like 4 sacks in 4 years.
Amen. I don't get it either. Also, if Rousseau drops, drop all the wya to miami in second round. We'll take him. Kid has played one partial year and destroyed everyone. He is just scratching the surface. And I don't know what workout numbers people are not liking given he is 6'7"......did they expect a 4.5 out of him? I see the same as what Calais was here. He'll continue to get bigger and drop inside and be explosive there.

Since my post quoting Zierlein on Brevin's perceived weaknesses seem to meet with some interest here, thought I'd throw up Lance's comments on Rousseau. Obviously, there are many strengths that Greg posseses as shown by his projection to go to SF at #12 in the 1st round. Still, these are things he might've worked on here that would've put him in an even stronger draft position.

"Weaknesses
  • Only one full season of college ball under his belt.
  • High percentage of rush production came at nose instead of edge.
  • Must add mass and strength to both upper and lower half.
  • Not overly twitchy or fleet in attacking the corner with upfield charge.
  • Struggled to dislodge tackle's punch against Virginia in 2019.
  • Conversion of speed to power is below average.
  • Needs heavier hands at point of attack.
  • Height limits natural leverage in attacking run blocks.
  • Absorbs more than he doles out in initial contact.
  • Balance through contact is erratic.
"I don't really see a big-time NFL rusher. So much of his pressure came as a zero-technique and he won't see those looks in our league. He has very average juice and speed-to-power." -- Director of scouting for NFL team"

Ppl on here act like Rousseau is a guaranteed Pro Bowler after a half season career playing cfb at Miami... I don’t see 1st rounder especially being a quitter but I wouldn’t mind the Falcons drafting him in the 2nd round.

Rousseau falling out of the 1st round and Phillips getting drafted in the 1st round would send a good message to cfb players that think they can try to skip over the process and be rewarded for it.

Advertisement
Back