Rosier Insightful interview

Malik's destined to tear down the program. Diaz' biggest challenge
Hey, FlaSportsfan88,

Certainly, I am not the only one waiting for your and Simplycanes wedding announcement. It is my hope you will invite me to be your Best Man, because you two need a good man in your lives.

Here's what I love...you two Rhodes Scholars despised Malik during his time with the "U" and the days following his graduation. You never passed up a chance to take a cheap shot at the kid. Yet, you now believe he's attacking the UM football program, thus, of course, you now love him.

As you two are fond of saying; "A day without hate for the "U" is like a day without sunshine".

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to disagree with friend.
Kaaya is more accurate for sure but he also had cement feet and didn't know how to scramble or escape pressure. To say he is 10 times the QB of Rosier is exaggeration. Having the ability to run and score with his feet is an important QB skill you know.
There's a reason why one of them is still getting opportunities to play in the NFL, while the other won't make an AAF squad.

Because people are unhappy with their own lives. Makes them feel a little bit better about their situation by dumping on guy that they would have given their right arm to be in his shoes.

But not legs or feet because then they couldn't be in his shoes, per se.

If Brad Kaaya had the 2017 Defensive turnovers & big time playmakers that Rosier had he woulda done the same.

The losses to FSU weren't all Brad's fault, not saying he didn't contribute with his porous play in those games as well but to act as if those L's were all on Brad is just unfair imo.

Brad is 10x the QB Rosier would ever dream of being.

And it's funny how beating FSU is a great thing for the QB's people like, but for the ones they don't like it just doesn't count.

And fswho had a better team/coach back then

Advertisement
****, i felt bad for Kirby, I just want us to get out of this bad nightmare and get back to QUARTERBACK U. enough is enough.

Advertisement
You must have missed Berlin’s first year as a starter. He was as bad as anyone we’ve had not named Kirby Freeman.

Berlin also had the benefit of much better offensive coaching and better players around him.

I didn’t miss anything. Berlin was still light years better than Rosier. You conveniently ignore what he did his 2nd year at Miami. Rosier would have lost the QB job to Crudup if played in those years. I can do better than that, Rosier wouldn’t have an offer to play on those teams. Berlin made it to the NFL. Didn’t last too long but he made it. I seriously doubt Rosier does.

The story of Malik Rosier is pretty amazing. Like a bad relationship, it was clear when it was over prior to it actually being over. But **** it was a sweet ride the Irma year... Tough injuries on O too, but still don't think we lose until the accg if Malik never hurt his throwing shoulder.

I listened to the whole podcast. I thought Malik was great. Yes, he confirmed a lot of stuff the fans suspected but he did it in a pleasant and professional way. He did not bad mouth either Jon Richt or CMR in any way. In fact, he said he felt that CMR was frustrated that things did t work the way he wanted. He did not think that Richt did t care or went into Retirement mode”.

One thing I took away from it as it relates to this season- he thinks Enos is awesome. He sat in a QB room install recently. His impression is Enos’ offense is varied with lots of options and outs for the QB but it is complicated- lots for the QB to know and especially to understand the “why”. When asked if he thought any of the guys in that room were going to be able to be successful- ie “the guy”. This season he said they won’t be able to do it u less they put the time in to learn it. It means sacrifice and lots of study on their own. And he included Tate in that comment.
The following rant has nothing to do with @Hoyacane1620 or any other poster here.

Just wanted to vent about the continual misuse of the word sacrifice. That word is constantly being used in the context you see in the quoted post above. Sacrifice means to give something of value away in exchange for nothing in return. In the context above where a player is giving up his free time in order to put in extra work it is clear that this is being done for the purpose of achieving something of greater value which in this case would be the position of starting QB at the University of Miami. This is clearly an investment not a sacrifice. That is all.

Okay, I feel better now.

Advertisement
The following rant has nothing to do with @Hoyacane1620 or any other poster here.

Just wanted to vent about the continual misuse of the word sacrifice. That word is constantly being used in the context you see in the quoted post above. Sacrifice means to give something of value away in exchange for nothing in return. In the context above where a player is giving up his free time in order to put in extra work it is clear that this is being done for the purpose of achieving something of greater value which in this case would be the position of starting QB at the University of Miami. This is clearly an investment not a sacrifice. That is all.

Okay, I feel better now.

good point. Malik's words, not mine, btw. I didn't take it personally!

Advertisement
What is he doing next?

Rosier is very athletic. At first I thought baseball...

BUT
It's even more imperative that you be able to throw accurately at every position in baseball

If he can hit very well, then maybe he can DH. But I haven't heard of a DH moving up the minors into the majors

As with every Cane, I do wish him well in whatever he decides to do and thank him for being the 1st QB to lead us to a Coastal Championship

Last edited:
I for one forgave Rosier for his shortcomings long ago AND I'll even add Perry and Weldon to that list. We all knew what Rosier was capable of and he did the best he could with what he had. What he had outside of talent though, was the Richt system which screwed him and us. Rosier wasn't naming himself the starter all season, calling BS plays, not developing a winning culture in the QB room, developing young QB's. It was CMR and Richt Jr.

The more of this info that comes out, the more we should all be more understanding of what these players had to deal with. Perry didn't develop and was ******** around? I wonder why that is? The offense is lost and players lashing out, transferring (JT4)? Hmm sure as **** wasn't because Rosier was there...

I just listen to the interview and watched the games on you tube, at some point, We were clicking on all cylinders. After that, the wheels feel off. bad management, bad decisions, bad timing and bad coaching. when we were on, we were on. When we were off, we were way off. History shows that when we win a big game, national game, we seem to deflate the next week. its like someone let the air out of our momentum.

Advertisement
Back