Rosier Insightful interview

Let me understand your reasoning, it wasn’t because of Rosier that he won those 11 games and got us to number two, but it is because of him that we loss those seven games. You can’t get it both ways. Bernie loss 5 games the year after he won our first NC. Does that mean he sucked both years? Rosier is no Bernie, but he led us to the best year since a least Berlin if not Kenny, who, by the way, did not start 11- 0, despite a seriously fine defense. By the way, his head coach, Mark, never had a 10-0 start in his entire HC career until that year. Clearly he overperformed but when did that become evil. Give Rosier his due, 2017 was our best and most exciting in over a decade and his last second wins were huge part of it.

If you don't think we won most of those games IN SPITE OF Rosier then you watched different games than I did.

Advertisement
Let me understand your reasoning, it wasn’t because of Rosier that he won those 11 games and got us to number two, but it is because of him that we loss those seven games. You can’t get it both ways. Bernie loss 5 games the year after he won our first NC. Does that mean he sucked both years? Rosier is no Bernie, but he led us to the best year since a least Berlin if not Kenny, who, by the way, did not start 11- 0, despite a seriously fine defense. By the way, his head coach, Mark, never had a 10-0 start in his entire HC career until that year. Clearly he overperformed but when did that become evil. Give Rosier his due, 2017 was our best and most exciting in over a decade and his last second wins were huge part of it.
YOur logic is just to focus on 11 games, where I think only 2 of them Notre Dame and Vtech(where he threw 3 picks and tried to single handedly lose the game) were against P5 teams with winning record at end of the year and to ignore the rest? What happened after the first 11 games kinda proves Rosier’s lack of QB ability as it caught up to us very quickly.

Your “we were 11-0 with Malik” logic is the same one Richt used this season and what killed us all year (and end of last year)

Advertisement
Nah, man. Some of you guys have some really short memories. I don't know the guy personally and I've never heard a bad word about him as a person so I'll gladly wish Malik Rosier best of luck in his future endeavors.

That said, he was a terrible quarterback. The more he played, the worse he got (unlike Brock Berlin who had a good senior season) and I'm very happy he won't be lining up under center ever again.

YOur logic is just to focus on 11 games, where I think only 2 of them Notre Dame and Vtech(where he threw 3 picks and tried to single handedly lose the game) were against P5 teams with winning record at end of the year and to ignore the rest? What happened after the first 11 games kinda proves Rosier’s lack of QB ability as it caught up to us very quickly.

Lots of other QBs face crappy teams and loss. Your actual only argument is that our QBs have sucked so bad the last 15 years that they Rosier look good. The kid won his first 11 game. Kelly didn’t do that. Bernie didn’t do that. vinny didn’t do that. Kenny didn’t do that. Craig didn’t do that. The only ones I can think of that did was Steve Walshand Geno, unless he loss one before he took over. Rosier is not better or as good as any of those but he did something that none but one of them did and no matter how much anyone loves Manny, those boys had much better defenses than Rosier and tremulously better coaches. Like it or not, he is in the top ten QBs ever at Miami. If he was only in the top 12 or 15 it would still be worthy when you consider the list I just mentioned. Give the kid his due or at least admit you are just being an *** bout it.

Advertisement
Hey, @Earnest T. Bass, is Malik now just another member of the HERD?
Still trolling...eh sweetheart?

Must be a slow day at Burger King, but I have my fingers crossed that a patron will accidentally drop a beverage or burger on the floor, thus allowing you to sweep in with your mops and brooms to save the day (yes, I gave you a promotion hoping you'll feel better about yourself).

Try to hold on a little longer little girl as I am confident you and your fellow HERD members will soon be inventing new, and not so clever, ways of spreading your hate and attacking Coach Diaz, his assistant coaches and players.

What Malik said is not very surprising, or rather the context in his responses and insinuating that overall offensive efficiency in QB development was lacking with Richt.

@The Franchise pointed it out awhile back. But the best we ever saw from Malik was actually the 2015 Duke game when Kaaya got injured and we were in a transition post-Golden. It says a lot that Rosier got progressively worst under Richt. Same thing happened to Kosi, but at a faster rate.

I've been critical of Rosier in the past. But I'll chose to remember him for 2017.

Advertisement
Lots of other QBs face crappy teams and loss. Your actual only argument is that our QBs have sucked so bad the last 15 years that they Rosier look good. The kid won his first 11 game. Kelly didn’t do that. Bernie didn’t do that. vinny didn’t do that. Kenny didn’t do that. Craig didn’t do that. The only ones I can think of that did was Steve Walshand Geno, unless he loss one before he took over. Rosier is not better or as good as any of those but he did something that none but one of them did and no matter how much anyone loves Manny, those boys had much better defenses than Rosier and tremulously better coaches. Like it or not, he is in the top ten QBs ever at Miami. If he was only in the top 12 or 15 it would still be worthy when you consider the list I just mentioned. Give the kid his due or at least admit you are just being an *** bout it.

You have been put on ignore for being a moron.

Got no beef with the kid. Played hard and through a lot of adversity...Props to him

Wish him the best moving forward and hope he can find a place to continue his career.

Love this podcast and all three (Kaaya, Berrios, and Rosier) sit down interviews...Malik seems like a good dude man

Advertisement
Agree but he still wasn’t that good.

However, had we had a QB coach worth a ****, we’d have seen a lot better production from all our QBs. Including Rosier.

Rosier was good enough. You guys act like that 10-0 start was easy. There have been a lot of really good college quarterbacks that never started a season 10-0.

if we had a better playcaller, qb coach and a coach that was not so high on himself. well, maybe we could have won 2 more games. oh, lets not forget how the o line was so good on protecting our qbs.

If Brad Kaaya had the 2017 Defensive turnovers & big time playmakers that Rosier had he woulda done the same.

The losses to FSU weren't all Brad's fault, not saying he didn't contribute with his porous play in those games as well but to act as if those L's were all on Brad is just unfair imo.

Brad is 10x the QB Rosier would ever dream of being.

And it's funny how beating FSU is a great thing for the QB's people like, but for the ones they don't like it just doesn't count.
I have to disagree with friend.
Kaaya is more accurate for sure but he also had cement feet and didn't know how to scramble or escape pressure. To say he is 10 times the QB of Rosier is exaggeration. Having the ability to run and score with his feet is an important QB skill you know.

Advertisement
Back