Rosier Insightful interview

Advertisement
Actually, he won his first 11 starts and brought us to number 2 ranking. Care to check our who was the last Miami QB to do that. Pleas do that before you try to credit it to manny’s greatest ever defense because you will find the las QBs to do it had pretty good defense too.
Actually he completed less than 50% of his passes that year in ACC play ( howis that even possible against that weak competition and with todays rules) and was bad against wisconsin .... then followed it up with an abomination of a season. The film and numbers dont lie , the man cannot play QB but it is what it is.

Advertisement
The following is my opinion, so if you don't like it IDGAF.

Kaaya, Berrios, and Malik have all done this show in the last month or so. Kaaya and Berrios threw some veiled shade at Richt. Specifically about Richt the OC, ie play calling.

Malik straight up shiits on Richt. no leadership in the QB room. No one knows who is playing. The calls were stupid. ETC ETC.

As a rule players don't crap on their former coach and will normally take the high road and not comment which is usually enough to show their displeasure. The fact that these guys are so vocal and transparent in their issues with Richt tells me that things were way worse than they are letting on or than we will ever know.

Had Richt stayed it may have been the end of Miami football.
I agree and would highlight the interview Manny did during practice a couple days before the bowl game, he pretty much said in no certain words that the problems with the offense we’re spreading and he was only able to control his unit

Come on Brock, hook up the non Apple folk

Here you go on soundcloud

Go Canes

Advertisement
To this day I understand why people are so hard on this dude. He was a 3 STAR WHO PLAYED IN A OPTION OFFENSE IN HIGHSCHOOL. That first year as the starter was as good as it was ever going to get. Recognize second year was a disaster but he would have been a career back up at most pwer 5 schools.
Because people are unhappy with their own lives. Makes them feel a little bit better about their situation by dumping on guy that they would have given their right arm to be in his shoes.

Actually he completed less than 50% of his passes that year in ACC play ( howis that even possible against that weak competition and with todays rules) and was bad against wisconsin .... then followed it up with an abomination of a season. The film and numbers dont lie , the man cannot play QB but it is what it is.

Wins count. Who was the last Miami QB to start 11-0?

So Richt would practice specific plays all week that would work on our defense and then just refuse to call them in-game?

I don't even know what to make of that. On a completely different level of incompetence. When you got Rosier calling him out for flip flopping on QB's, leaving the QB's in the dark, and calling the same **** basic plays game in and game out you realize he had nobody's respect. Thank god that man is gone.

Advertisement
So Richt would practice specific plays all week that would work on our defense and then just refuse to call them in-game?

I don't even know what to make of that. On a completely different level of incompetence. When you got Rosier calling him out for flip flopping on QB's, leaving the QB's in the dark, and calling the same **** basic plays game in and game out you realize he had nobody's respect. Thank god that man is gone.

the level of incompetence is astonishing, we knew it was bad, but to this level.....

Malik will age well in the mind of the fans base. Did what Bard Kaayak couldn’t do.
If Brad Kaaya had the 2017 Defensive turnovers & big time playmakers that Rosier had he woulda done the same.

The losses to FSU weren't all Brad's fault, not saying he didn't contribute with his porous play in those games as well but to act as if those L's were all on Brad is just unfair imo.

Brad is 10x the QB Rosier would ever dream of being.

And it's funny how beating FSU is a great thing for the QB's people like, but for the ones they don't like it just doesn't count.

Advertisement

Richt was a disaster at OC but let's not sugar-coat the fact that Rosier was the worst QB to play at UM since Kirby Freeman and N'Kosi was an immature idiot with the work ethic of a union construction worker.

Respect to Malik and his father - who Malik said was always a die hard Cane fan growing up in Seminole territory. Malik seems like a nice dude and he gave us the two greatest moments we’ve had in a long long while. Hopefully his dad is OK health wise and is over the not so nice way this fan base treated Malik (myself included). I think we all realize that while Malik might not be the most talented QB - we had a ridiculously poor offensive staff that didn’t really give him or any other QB a good chance to succeed this season.

A couple of other interesting things from the interview:
+He references a time Deejay Dallas was fuming at the staff for calling a Wildcat play when another play would have given them an easy TD. Wonder when that was?
+He talks about how Manny Diaz commands respect when he walks into a room - that people really listen to him and feel his passion.
+Says Jarren needs to sacrifice partying and alcohol now to become the guy at QB.

Advertisement
Back