Rosier Insightful interview

Dont hate Rosier. He stepped up vs Duke in 2015 and without his heroics our 10-0 run in 2017 wouldnt have happened. Without that FSU win, Jimbo might still be at that school. He never embarassed himself off the field like Perry/Weldon.

Most importantly, it's not his fault Richt failed to recruit or bring in a competent QB. He never should have been starting, but that's on Richt. It's also not his fault Richt kept throwing him out there in 2018, even after it was obvious to everyone he had lost all his confidence.

Hope he does well with whatever's next
This times 100. Good stuff man.

Advertisement
Confirming Richt Handcuffing the offense, people would be open but because it wasn’t necessarily the progression richt wanted. He would get on to them. Rosier says enos is not like that, if the guy is open throw them the ball period is his thinking pretty much

To this day I understand why people are so hard on this dude. He was a 3 STAR WHO PLAYED IN A OPTION OFFENSE IN HIGHSCHOOL. That first year as the starter was as good as it was ever going to get. Recognize second year was a disaster but he would have been a career back up at most pwer 5 schools.

Advertisement
Confirming Richt Handcuffing the offense, people would be open but because it wasn’t necessarily the progression richt wanted. He would get on to them. Rosier says enos is not like that, if the guy is open throw them the ball period is his thinking pretty much
"You run the plays I call -- you with me son!?"

He'll be getting to know the phrase, "May I take your order please".

Kinda sad that you'd deem a degree from the University of Miami as worthless.

Screenshot_20190313-173324_Samsung Internet.jpg

Do yourself a massive favor and listen to the pod. OBB is great.

As for your request, I'd give you an outline version, but I've only started listening. All I can offer so far is that Richt and the QB's had no better idea WTF Richt was doing than Richt did. No communication, anytime something was "planned", the plans were never followed through on.

@305to954

Thoughts??

Advertisement
The following is my opinion, so if you don't like it IDGAF.

Kaaya, Berrios, and Malik have all done this show in the last month or so. Kaaya and Berrios threw some veiled shade at Richt. Specifically about Richt the OC, ie play calling.

Malik straight up shiits on Richt. no leadership in the QB room. No one knows who is playing. The calls were stupid. ETC ETC.

As a rule players don't crap on their former coach and will normally take the high road and not comment which is usually enough to show their displeasure. The fact that these guys are so vocal and transparent in their issues with Richt tells me that things were way worse than they are letting on or than we will ever know.

Had Richt stayed it may have been the end of Miami football.

By no means am i giving Richt a pass here but Rosier was his own worst enemy before Richt even got here. Kid was punching his time card and didn't watch film. He should keep his mouth shut and move on.

Direct Quote
“Before Duke, I didn’t really watch film. I just came out here, practiced, did what they told me."

I'm not discounting a degree from Miami. But I will say, get some thicker skin and a sense of humor.

C'mon man. We all push the limit with snark and humor around here but that kid really doesn't still deserve any piling on or low hanging fruit attempts at derision/comedy. At least come with something stronger than a McDonald's joke.

By no means am i giving Richt a pass here but Rosier was his own worst enemy before Richt even got here. Kid was punching his time card and didn't watch film. He should keep his mouth shut and move on.

Direct Quote
“Before Duke, I didn’t really watch film. I just came out here, practiced, did what they told me."
And after Duke? Which Duke game? Everybody here thought Perry was the answer and he said he hates watching film.

Advertisement
I listened to the whole podcast. I thought Malik was great. Yes, he confirmed a lot of stuff the fans suspected but he did it in a pleasant and professional way. He did not bad mouth either Jon Richt or CMR in any way. In fact, he said he felt that CMR was frustrated that things did t work the way he wanted. He did not think that Richt did t care or went into Retirement mode”.

One thing I took away from it as it relates to this season- he thinks Enos is awesome. He sat in a QB room install recently. His impression is Enos’ offense is varied with lots of options and outs for the QB but it is complicated- lots for the QB to know and especially to understand the “why”. When asked if he thought any of the guys in that room were going to be able to be successful- ie “the guy”. This season he said they won’t be able to do it u less they put the time in to learn it. It means sacrifice and lots of study on their own. And he included Tate in that comment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back