Romello Brinson Latest

Advertisement
TAMU pulling away.

Dameyune Craig & James Coley have made a strong impression on him, they've been recruiting him hard during the whole C-19 shutdown.

Given the circumstances & how early it still is I wouldn't say we're out of it, but with visits still being suspended until the end of May who knows how any of this will turn out.

LOL James Coley...Career Bum

No. I think we need to take care of our business, win games, put players in a position to succeed. If he was trending to LSU or Bama, who just won titles and are putting guys in the first round this year, I get it. You can talk about good losses all you want, they still had five of them.

You are right that there is a clear pattern there with all SEC schools.
He’s caught up in the “lore” of the SEC. Happens with guys from down here every year.

Also, offers aren’t always committable so he’s rolling with the best SEC offer he’s got.

I agree to an extent that a loss is a loss, but when you’re the new coach at a program, it’s extremely easy to sell those as signature wins in the future with “the right guys, just like you.”

Advertisement
All the schools up against us for Romello are SEC schools, there’s a clear pattern there. Not to mention, it wouldn’t even take amazing recruiters to sell upside at TAMU. They had only good losses last year, and you can bet Jimbo and Coley are recruiting hard.

I hope we still get him, but y’all really only see with your orange and green glasses sometimes.
Tamu is basura!

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has posted this but in Ivins latest update he stated that Brinson is waiting to see how we perform this year. He thinks if we perform on offense we can lure him back in. He also stated that a source said that he wouldn’t be surprised to see all the MNW kids sign with Miami.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but in Ivins latest update he stated that Brinson is waiting to see how we perform this year. He thinks if we perform on offense we can lure him back in. He also stated that a source said that he wouldn’t be surprised to see all the MNW kids sign with Miami.

The Miami Immortals kids (Brinson, Yul, Kinchens) want to see us perform. If we do, and if we want them, we will be right in the mix.

Advertisement
The Miami Immortals kids (Brinson, Yul, Kinchens) want to see us perform. If we do, and if we want them, we will be right in the mix.

D, Would a 2017 season be enough -- i.e., 10 wins and the ACC Coastal, but losses to Clemson and our Bowl Game? I could see something like that playing out given our talent, depth and competition.

If yes, then let's go for the trifecta. A couple of classes with kids like these (including quality OL and QB recruiting), would put us back to parity with Clemson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kinchens good?
Some might slow play him but he has always produced. Before high school played more RB. But he is productive, and shows up. Big time INT, return punts to house, playmaker, his film has everything, big hits, probably was tops in county with INTs, makes PLAYS. And regardless on who the talent he has been around he makes plays. Has offers from everybody and LSU loves him.

He aint the biggest, probably aint the fastest, but dude shows up and make plays.

Last edited:
Some might slow play him but he has always produced. Before high school played more RB. But he is productive, and shows up. Big time INT, return punts to house, playmaker, his film has everything, big hits, probably was tops in county with INTs, makes PLAYS. And regardless on who he talent he has been around he makes plays. Has offers from everybody and LSU loves him.

He aint the biggest, probably aint the fastest, but dude shows up and make plays.
Hey if LSU loves him I’m game

Miami's best recruiter is gonna be the product if they can ever get it going. They just don't have any true hammers on the staff. Hickson might get there eventually..
The Canes were 6-7, and shut out in a bowl game against La Tech! Fact! The Canes need to win some games and prove it on the field. It’s been almost two decades since the Canes ruled college football. High level Recruits are skeptical right now. Successful programs are negatively recruiting against us. Wins will cure many problems

Big-time ballhawk. Lot of production with INTs. Not an elite athlete but athletic enough to return punts for MNW. Also an alpha leader-type with some physicality.
I see a more athletic jaquan Johnson. A better pass coverage guy

Advertisement
Back