Romello Brinson Latest

7-6 in 2018 and 6-7 in 2019 to ACC Coastal, Bowl Win and only competitive losses in 2020. ... I mean, I expect a turnaround. But maybe we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.
Oh I'm not. But with these kids now a days..... that's what they are probably expecting anyway.

Advertisement
Interviewed after the Rivals event last weekend. Here's what he said about his recruitment:

Miami, Texas A&M, and LSU are doing the best job recruiting me right now,” Brinson said. “Miami is close to home. I like to feeling of being able to go home anytime I want if things aren't right and go talk to my mom or my mom can come to me. If I go there I just want to work to get a starting position my first year.

“When I was at LSU they treated me nicely,” he said. “I went one day for a camp and I dominated and I was all blessed to get an offer from them that day. The coaches were showing me around too.
“It's going to be hard to come in and play there right away, especially after they just won the National Championship,” said Brinson. “I was close with Joe Brady but he left to go to the NFL.

“I have two coaches, coach Craig and coach Ishmael (Aristide) at Texas A&M that are familiar with the Miami Dade area so I can depend on them when it's tough times,” he said. “I could just go to them and ask them questions.
“I was out there the other weekend,” Brinson said. “I had a great time out there. It was something I didn't expect. It was big and I had fun.”

“I just like everything about Penn State,” said Brinson. “It was one of my top schools once upon a time. As a matter of fact, they're going to be one of my official visits.
South Carolina will probably be another,” he said. “I just like how it is up there. I talk to a couple of their coaches.”

.He says he'll probably commit in March, during his spring break but not take any of his officals until after his season, in the fall.
If he commits anywhere in March, it most likely won't be over...

Maybe im reading this wrong but commit in march but take visits after the season why not just wait to commit??

I've heard TAMU has the early lead & if he could start as a TF at LSU they would have a lead too, but Miami can definitely land him if we win & the offense shows improvement. Can't lose games like we did last year & keep him.

A 10 win season & coastal title with a trip to Charlotte & he's ours.
With that type of season you can place [desired recruit] and we'll land them. Winning is key, not bags.

Advertisement
Local kids throwing A&M into the discussion is entirely about Jimbo and bags. So yes, they're still key.
Winning > bags

Winning has, and will always, be the most important factor in recruiting. Jimbo has placed a premium on recruiting the state of Florida. I can guarantee he isn't offering bags to every player A&M recruits out of the sunshine state.

Worst move A&M ever made was joining the SEC of they sincerely cared about winning.
Getting placed in the SEC West was a death sentence of sorts. But if we're being realistic, what has A&M won recently? Nothing. They're right where they belong.

Advertisement
Winning > bags

Winning has, and will always, be the most important factor in recruiting. Jimbo has placed a premium on recruiting the state of Florida. I can guarantee he isn't offering bags to every player A&M recruits out of the sunshine state.

maybe but what has A&M won recently other than the #1 spot for athletic department income?

Advertisement
Local kids throwing A&M into the discussion is entirely about Jimbo and bags. So yes, they're still key.
The coach mentioned in that article also is the principle son from NW. Also from what I have heard, A&M has stepped their "recruiting" up to SEC levels (LSU, UGA, Bama, type levels) and not just bags its other things they do that we dont..

Advertisement
And win our bowl game. And look competitive in any loss we have.

Competitive losses ain't the problem...We lose heartbreakers, granted they are teams we should be cruising against. Just saying. Besides the bowl no shows, are all losses are mostly gut wrenchers (FIU wasn't, they whooped us, williams was atrocious)

Last edited:
Getting placed in the SEC West was a death sentence of sorts. But if we're being realistic, what has A&M won recently? Nothing. They're right where they belong.

TAMU BoT was tired of what they felt as slights by Big 12 Conference wrt UT. SEC wanted to establish Tx presence, presto (and the revenue share ain't bad).

I think TAMU has a chance to make noise sooner than some think. Cuckbo will certainly have Bama level resources to make it happen.

Issue is College Station and TAMU is a lifestyle. You are either red *** or you aren't. Borderline cultish (and that's ok).

Advertisement
Back