Robert Lockhart at safety?

Lockhart has the best hands of any WR we signed, IMO. After too many years of drops, having a WR with great hands would be a welcome change.

We need polished receivers NOW
i think the most polished receiver in our class is Malcolm Lewis. In my opinion the first 2 to play from this class is AJL and Lewis i think carter redshirts.
i think lockhart is the most polished and ready to play right now........but i think that lewis has the most upside.....even more than AJL

as for carter.......i think with the size of this class at WR.....and AJL still not being a guarantee to get in.......the possibility of guys being moved........its still too early to predict who may or may not RS

Advertisement
no he played every year he went to 3 different high schools
thats not his first year playing high school football
I had thought about this before because he is very impressive at both WR and Safety. He is one of my favorite signees in this class.

It is even more impressive when you realize that those highlights are from his 1st season playing HS FB. The instincts he has and plays he makes are phenomenal.

But, IMO he is just too talented at WR to put at safety. Of the incoming class, I think of Lockhart, AJL, and Waters as lumped into one group as being a similar type of WR/Athlete. I see any of those 3 as able to find some success on offense or defense if they start their careers at one position and stick to it. Of those 3 I think I would most want Waters to try out safety. I think he is a natural football player with the instincts and athleticism to succeed on Defense, and I think the other 2 may have a little bit more to offer in complimenting the rest of the incoming WR class

Your right, I misspoke, second year playing HS football, but his 1st year was as a freshman.

He's a liar then:

"I actually played football my freshman year and played in the championship," he said. "My sophomore and junior years I played basketball and gave up football.

"I came back to football because I'm better at it this season. I just go get the ball and I'm a great catcher. I do everything."

hes is he went to America Heritage then boca high and west boca he even played lil league his whole life
no he played every year he went to 3 different high schools
thats not his first year playing high school football
I had thought about this before because he is very impressive at both WR and Safety. He is one of my favorite signees in this class.

It is even more impressive when you realize that those highlights are from his 1st season playing HS FB. The instincts he has and plays he makes are phenomenal.

But, IMO he is just too talented at WR to put at safety. Of the incoming class, I think of Lockhart, AJL, and Waters as lumped into one group as being a similar type of WR/Athlete. I see any of those 3 as able to find some success on offense or defense if they start their careers at one position and stick to it. Of those 3 I think I would most want Waters to try out safety. I think he is a natural football player with the instincts and athleticism to succeed on Defense, and I think the other 2 may have a little bit more to offer in complimenting the rest of the incoming WR class

Your right, I misspoke, second year playing HS football, but his 1st year was as a freshman.

He's a liar then:

"I actually played football my freshman year and played in the championship," he said. "My sophomore and junior years I played basketball and gave up football.

"I came back to football because I'm better at it this season. I just go get the ball and I'm a great catcher. I do everything."

hes is he went to America Heritage then boca high and west boca he even played lil league his whole life

Wow, a whole life of little league, and I thought there were age restrictions!

Joking...but thanks for the info, I wonder what inspired him to claim he didnt play sophomore and junior year

Advertisement
DMoney I hope we keep him at receiver. He looks like the type of play maker we've been missing for a long time.

Advertisement
Back