Robert Lockhart at safety?

Herb Waters would make a good safety imho. I like Lockhart at WR as well but with the desperate need at Safety I would understand if he was put there.

Advertisement
Wide receiver (Sophomore or younger)
Rashawn Scott
Phillip Dorsett
Dallas Crawford
Malcolm Lewis
Herb Waters
Angelo Jean-Louis
Jontavious Carter
D'Mauri Jones

Safety (Sophomore or younger)
Rayshawn Jenkins

And Jenkins might be a receiver.

Wide receiver (Sophomore or younger)
Rashawn Scott
Phillip Dorsett
Dallas Crawford
Malcolm Lewis
Herb Waters
Angelo Jean-Louis
Jontavious Carter
D'Mauri Jones

Safety (Sophomore or younger)
Rayshawn Jenkins

And Jenkins might be a receiver.

Yup. This is why I am absolutely sure that at least one of this years´ signees at CB or WR gets moved to safety. Lockhart is as good a candidate as any, and we are desperate for non-freshman safetys in 2013. My money would be on Waters, though.

He's my favorite Wide out in this class. But we have a huge Need at safety, and have almost zero athleticism there.

As a side note, Jerrard Randall told me thinks Malcom Lewis will be one of the best WR's in college football but also said that Tracy Howard is very slow.

T Howard slow???? I watched clips of him, didn't seem slow to me????

Advertisement
He's my favorite Wide out in this class. But we have a huge Need at safety, and have almost zero athleticism there.

As a side note, Jerrard Randall told me thinks Malcom Lewis will be one of the best WR's in college football but also said that Tracy Howard is very slow.

Yea and Benjamin was fast and was often tackled from behind so.

What about a guy like Waters at S? Seems like he is a versatile athlete, not as explosive as Lockhardt, but with enough athleticism to play DB.

Don't see how Lockhart goes to safety. We need an experienced WR to come in and contribute, and he is an extra year out of HS. Again, wasn't AJL being looked at as a DB?

Don't see how Lockhart goes to safety. We need an experienced WR to come in and contribute, and he is an extra year out of HS. Again, wasn't AJL being looked at as a DB?

AJL has grade issues, but I believe his performance at the Under Armour game cemented his spot at WR. Kid was arguably the best WR there all week. REally just hope he makes it into school.

Advertisement
Some good ideas being thrown around in this thread. It will be interesting to see how the staff manages the roster this next year or 2.

Last edited:
you play the ***** at WR.

if you have to you play the ***** at Safety also.

Use him up for all he is worth...

Advertisement
What about a guy like Waters at S? Seems like he is a versatile athlete, not as explosive as Lockhardt, but with enough athleticism to play DB.
kind of like the idea of waters at S

Waters is explosive with the ball in his hands... I just dont know how you could take that away from him. Same thing with people wanting Jeremy Davis as a CB... **** that, did you see the kids tape!?? Waters wont wow you with his 40 time or his breakaway speed but he is fast enough and has great vision and instincts, sick moves and he is a smart football players.

If it were my call, Waters, Lockhart, Carter would all be WR and stay that way unless Jontavious blows up to like 250 which I dont see happening.

Advertisement
Call me dumbass for asking the question, but how about Crawford?

He seems to be whatever you ask of him.

I see Bush moving to S early and at least one of the WR but i have no idea who

JUST DONT MOVE DUKE!!

ESPN had him as a ATH but he is all RB

Advertisement
Back