Robert Lockhart at safety?

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
With the lack of depth at safety and only Rayshawn Jenkins in the class, anybody else want to see Lockhart get a shot back there?

I like a lot him at receiver (more rugged version of Hankerson) but he could be something at FS.

Start at 2:07.

2:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-CAOjqz_Sc

Advertisement
I hope not on T. Howard would be kind of sad to have the #1 rated corner and he is slow.

Man I was very against this when I opened the thread but he seems legit at both positions. I like him better at wr but if he could play S THIS YEAR im cool with that

After Scott's performance this spring, I'm not as worried about finding a big target in the freshman class. Trying Lockhart out as safety would give our lineup more balance, especially if we can get something from Lewis or Waters.

Any chance that Jontavious Carter plays as a freshman?

Advertisement
Lockhart is a playmaker on both sides of the ball... He can move 2 safety and eventually move back to WR once the 2013 class comes in. I really think Carter and Jones will do a good job this year they are tall and can become endzone targets... all the receivers in this class can play this year, don't see why any of them have to redshirt. They are all D1 ready!

Advertisement
I hope Lockhart stays at WR. Like others he was my favorite WR recruit in this class. But if he can do it big at safety I'd be cool with that.

And I think Carter ends up a TE eventually.

lockhart is coming in with experience at wr......i cant see him moving

i can see bush getting moved to saftey right away

just making the link....jawand blue and him were teammates. JB is a jr in those clips

Advertisement
I had thought about this before because he is very impressive at both WR and Safety. He is one of my favorite signees in this class.

It is even more impressive when you realize that those highlights are from his 1st season playing HS FB. The instincts he has and plays he makes are phenomenal.

But, IMO he is just too talented at WR to put at safety. Of the incoming class, I think of Lockhart, AJL, and Waters as lumped into one group as being a similar type of WR/Athlete. I see any of those 3 as able to find some success on offense or defense if they start their careers at one position and stick to it. Of those 3 I think I would most want Waters to try out safety. I think he is a natural football player with the instincts and athleticism to succeed on Defense, and I think the other 2 may have a little bit more to offer in complimenting the rest of the incoming WR class

Golden said we are bringing in 5 receivers, but we signed 6 (Lockhart, Jean-louis, Lewis, Waters, Jones, and Carter)...so i'm wondering if he knows someone won't qualify or he has plans on moving one of them to defense. Waters, Jean-Louis, and Lockhart both played both ways in high school so who knows

Advertisement
Golden said we are bringing in 5 receivers, but we signed 6 (Lockhart, Jean-louis, Lewis, Waters, Jones, and Carter)...so i'm wondering if he knows someone won't qualify or he has plans on moving one of them to defense. Waters, Jean-Louis, and Lockhart both played both ways in high school so who knows[/QUOTE

Probally he meant 5 coming in August. Lockhart will be enrolling in May.

I wouldnt move any of the WRs. Right now we only have 4 WRs on scholly

Golden said we are bringing in 5 receivers, but we signed 6 (Lockhart, Jean-louis, Lewis, Waters, Jones, and Carter)...so i'm wondering if he knows someone won't qualify or he has plans on moving one of them to defense. Waters, Jean-Louis, and Lockhart both played both ways in high school so who knows

AJL is still a question as far as grades

lockhart is coming in with experience at wr......i cant see him moving

i can see bush getting moved to safety right away

Have you see Bush play? He's not a safety. I'll go on record as saying Howard moves to safety before Bush does....and for record I don't think that is likely either.

Lockhart has the looks of playmaker......If AG is comfortable with what we have at WR I wouldn't have a problem with that move to safety. The situation is dire at both safety positions.

Advertisement
Back