Robert Lockhart at safety?

Advertisement
Considering out current speed at Safety, maybe we could try Seantrel?

Just his size would take up half the backfield.

when this kid first popped on our radar, I said that I liked him at S first. he does not look like a polished WR but he is a playmaker all around and really sticks his nose in on defense.

Advertisement
Sad that we produced Reed, Taylor, Meriweather, and Phillips. All we ask now is for a descent safety. SMH

I like Waters as a prospect. I think he will be a solid contributor while at Miami. I just think he has the football instincts necessary to succeed at the Safety position and is less necessary at WR. IMO, Lockhart is the most dynamic WR signee from this class. Lockhart has solid size (6'2), good burst and speed, is explosive on his breaks, and has GREAT ball skills. He is the most complete WR in this class. Waters, to me, is a slightly less explosive version of Lockhart, with even more football instincts. You just see it in Waters DB highlights, even if he is at CB in those highlights, he is operating in a zone, hedging his man while reading the QB/routes and making a play on the ball. I like this dude at FS!

Also fun fact, Waters was not even the best WR on his high school team this past season, that honor goes to 2014 super stud Ermon Lane

I think Lockhart at safety is a brilliant idea. I don't see the rave reviews everyone keeps giving him at WR, I do see at safety. We need the numbers and he is a better safety prospect IMO.

Advertisement
Lockhart has the best hands of any WR we signed, IMO. After too many years of drops, having a WR with great hands would be a welcome change.

Advertisement
thats not his first year playing high school football
I had thought about this before because he is very impressive at both WR and Safety. He is one of my favorite signees in this class.

It is even more impressive when you realize that those highlights are from his 1st season playing HS FB. The instincts he has and plays he makes are phenomenal.

But, IMO he is just too talented at WR to put at safety. Of the incoming class, I think of Lockhart, AJL, and Waters as lumped into one group as being a similar type of WR/Athlete. I see any of those 3 as able to find some success on offense or defense if they start their careers at one position and stick to it. Of those 3 I think I would most want Waters to try out safety. I think he is a natural football player with the instincts and athleticism to succeed on Defense, and I think the other 2 may have a little bit more to offer in complimenting the rest of the incoming WR class

Advertisement
I had thought about this before because he is very impressive at both WR and Safety. He is one of my favorite signees in this class.

It is even more impressive when you realize that those highlights are from his 1st season playing HS FB. The instincts he has and plays he makes are phenomenal.

But, IMO he is just too talented at WR to put at safety. Of the incoming class, I think of Lockhart, AJL, and Waters as lumped into one group as being a similar type of WR/Athlete. I see any of those 3 as able to find some success on offense or defense if they start their careers at one position and stick to it. Of those 3 I think I would most want Waters to try out safety. I think he is a natural football player with the instincts and athleticism to succeed on Defense, and I think the other 2 may have a little bit more to offer in complimenting the rest of the incoming WR class

Your right, I misspoke, second year playing HS football, but his 1st year was as a freshman.

Lockhart has the best hands of any WR we signed, IMO. After too many years of drops, having a WR with great hands would be a welcome change.

We need polished receivers NOW
i think the most polished receiver in our class is Malcolm Lewis. In my opinion the first 2 to play from this class is AJL and Lewis i think carter redshirts.

yes I agree. I think Lewis is by far the best WR right now. really like him at WR.

Lockhart could go either way IMO. I could see him at S or WR, but he just looks more like a playmaker and not a polished WR in his videos

We need polished receivers NOW
i think the most polished receiver in our class is Malcolm Lewis. In my opinion the first 2 to play from this class is AJL and Lewis i think carter redshirts.

I would think that Jones would/should 'shirt as well. Both of them are projects and pretty raw.

no he played every year he went to 3 different high schools

Your right, I misspoke, second year playing HS football, but his 1st year was as a freshman.

Advertisement
Back