Robert Knowles: The hidden story of Saturday

- He’s terrorized on social media by even his classmates, and he is still noted for how hard he works everyday in practice.
- Diaz, Baker and Banda have made notes of his improvements (and, again, hard work) yet … hate - still.
- He steps in and starts and does s a solid job … crickets.
- And he wore the Turnover Chain.

And, when he talks about Miami he has more humility than ANY Miami player, and seemingly more love. I was impressed by his post practice presser before the BCC game, but his calm demeanor after the game really struck me. It’s amazing to constantly read posters harp about high-character guys yet for Robert Knowles … more crickets.

It’s not quite a movie script (maligned 5th year senior… survives three coaching staffs…constantly passed over on the depth chart… finally “celebrates” with one of the highest honors of a defensive player at Miami) but Robert Knowles was my favorite story on a Saturday of feel good stories.

View attachment 97299

Love this kid and Ive said on multiple podcast and shows that if Bubba Bolden starts or takes playing time from him I will loose my composure. Every single piece of media that comes out from the safeties I keep seeing Bolden play laxed and not trying and I see Knowles playing at 100 mph and giving it 100%.

Advertisement
I said it at the start of the year. Hope he makes that jump. I got so much respect for Rob Knowles no matter his ability you can never question his love for the U

Everyone in this thread is a giant hypocrite.

ALL of you were dragging this kid's name through the mud for 4 years.

Advertisement
I was actually telling a friend other day he actually deserves to start lol , he’s outplaying the other guys. He’s not a Miami caliber s and athlete but his heart and maturity makes up for a lot.

Hall and carter have both been very underwhelming. Bolden coming back is huge.

I’ll recant my ill feelings towards him.

Anyone that has this much passion for this U, despite all the hate thrown his way, well he’s alright w me.

A lot of the hate was aimed at RK and should’ve been towards the staffs that kept putting him out there. It’s not his fault he ran out on the field when he was told to.

Including yourself , kid is making all of us eat our words.

Some worse than others. The pile-on since 2017 was out of hand.

Search the phrase "Knowles trash" and sift through 300 pages of posts from a-holes who are now in here sucking his dreads.

Advertisement
He's playing the best football of his career. No, he doesn't have that elite capability at Safety we're used to seeing stacked across our defensive backfield, BUT when a few young guys we all assumed to be "those guys" were stinking it up, he provided steady play and leadership. Happy to see him get some earned respect.

I’ve stated multiple times during the offseason that I really hope he makes some big plays this year to shut everyone up and that you could do much worse than having a 5th year senior out there. He’s been our best safety thus far and I’m more confident than ever that he’s going to make a big play for us in a big game.

And I’m definitely not a hypocrite either, you can’t find a post of me ****ting on Bobby. If a player isn’t good enough then it’s on the coaches to have someone better ready to take his place. I don’t **** on Canes in a public forum(except maybe Malik after the Pitt fiasco lol)
But as much as I loved Jimmy’s TD and celebration, the highlight for me Saturday was Robert Knowles rocking the turnover chain, hands down. Kid has seen so much hate and didn’t run, just kept working. Keep it up 20.

He's playing the best football of his career. .

Knowles currently has 10 total tackles... 8 away from his career high. No passes defended in his career, no interceptions in his career, no sacks in his career, and only a half (0.5) tackle for loss in his career.

Advertisement
Some worse than others. The pile-on since 2017 was out of hand.

Search the phrase "Knowles trash" and sift through 300 pages of posts from a-holes who are now in here sucking his dreads.
Don’t do this to yourself.

Knowles currently has 10 total tackles... 8 away from his career high. No passes defended in his career, no interceptions in his career, no sacks in his career, and only a half (0.5) tackle for loss in his career.

There's a Kaaya thread on Canesport... Go check it out!

Advertisement

And a boatload of big plays allowed

This is why I don't like to personally insult players. I don't know this guy. He could be the nicest dude in the world. By all accounts, he's a good teammate and a hard worker. Still, we've all seen his play the last 4 years and it's sub standard. That's not bashing him personally, he's just not good enough. It happens. If we're going to be relying on him to be a starter at safety for the rest of the year, we have some serious problems with the safety position and their coach.
We only judge there play just like we judge the coaches.....diaz seems like an awesome guy foreal but can he coach is what we talk about. I dont have bad things in terms of personality of anyone on the staff or team.... i just rag on if they can do there job at this level and our standard

You can't make this sh*t up. People on this site have been trashing him for his on the field play, which has been well-deserved. All it takes is some feel good piece and then everyone is all about this kid.....until he gives up another huge play or TD, which is inevitable. I can't wait to see the reactions on the gameday thread. Schizophrenia at its best.

Bump. How are you all feeling about Knowles now. The Gameday thread was exactly as predicted

Advertisement
Back