Robert Knowles: The hidden story of Saturday

Advertisement
6C7E8C0F-A7A2-48B3-924E-B23D1055D852.gif

That early bad game against FSU a few years ago left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. He's improved quite a bit IMO. Cant hate on him.

True and while I have reserved judgement on OL/DL players because it takes time, 1-2 years to physically develop, I have not given the same benefit of the doubt to DB, WR, RB. I expected them to be ready to contribute sooner. That was a mistake on my part.

That's when you have a great program when as Frosh only the outliers, ie freaks of nature in body and mind, play and everyone else learns how to play CFB for 1-2 years before put in meaningful games.

Good on ya RK and apologies for screaming at you on my TV in the past.

Agree. It’s one thing to bash adults getting paid 100’s of thousands or millions to do their jobs (coaches and pro players) and do a lazy a$$ job. It’s purely small and mean hearted to bash a young man who’s barely experienced life and is fighting off the demons of bullying and slow success. People who pull this crap are usually ones who have either been bullied themselves, lack self esteem themselves, and are too scared to work on themselves and improve as human beings.

Good for RK! I really loved his presser before this one. Wish him the best and a we’ll deserved successful future. His hard work and perseverance is, and will pay off.

Advertisement
Maybe it’s because I now have a kid in college and still see her as a little kid that I am more empathetic towards how we treat college players. We sure expect a lot from 28-29 year olds and then come crashing down on them when they aren’t as good as we hoped/demanded.
These days I think of Shaq’s Dad reading on this board that his son is slow, isn’t a true leader and people can’t wait til he’s gone so that Brooks can take over. Well all Shaq is doing is the best that he possibly can. If he isn’t good enough (and I strongly disagree with this sentiment) then the problem lies with our program not having someone better, an individual can only give as much as he/she can give.
So let’s appreciate the hard work. And if that doesn’t translate to wins then our program needs to find better players. But the players we have are trying their best and training their hardest and sacrificing every day. No need to personally insult anyone who is trying to entertain us.

Advertisement
The beauty of this is when I see this dude all I see is Miami.... I mean true Miami “305” (Liberty City, The Subs, Opa Locka, CC, OT, Richmond Heights, Lil Haiti, Hialeah,Springs) the areas that all your life you hear/ watch and LOVE UM. Happy for this dude regardless of what he’ll leave with a degree or two from a top school in the US and be able to give back to those communities.

I don't get the bashing. Ok maybe he isn't good enough. But he works his tail off and represents the University. Save the venom for guys who half *** it.

And kudos to him for working his way back onto the field.

Mob pathological behavior by a bunch of anonymous losers reflecting the very worst in human nature.

No no, they're the true fans who have the better long-term outlook for the program. You're a soft ***** that is everything wrong with society. I'll tell you how to feel about your team, and you'll like it. Call me out, and I'll b& you.

@WhatTheHell @Dan E. Dangerously

Advertisement
- He steps in and starts and does s a solid job … crickets.
- And he wore the Turnover Chain.
Not here to bash Knowles anymore, he clearly has earned the thrust of the coaching staff and is playing better thant the other guys on the roster. This is his last year here and I hope he makes it count and create memories, but those two points are just silly.

He played well against one of the worst FCS teams in the country, proving the point that he's not useless, just not top P5 material. He would thrive in lower level competition.

He recovered a fumble, it's ridiculuous that the guy who recovers a fumble is the one wearing the chain, it's almost all luck.

The beauty of this is when I see this dude all I see is Miami.... I mean true Miami “305” (Liberty City, The Subs, Opa Locka, CC, OT, Richmond Heights, Lil Haiti, Hialeah,Springs) the areas that all your life you hear/ watch and LOVE UM. Happy for this dude regardless of what he’ll leave with a degree or two from a top school in the US and be able to give back to those communities.

Why is 'True Miami 305' not Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest, South Miami, Palmetto Bay?

Advertisement
The man has accomplished something most Canes fans WISH they could ever done, and that’s put that Canes uni on and run out that smoke as a member of them Hurricanes.

Can’t hate on the kid, gets to rep & play for his hometown to the best of his ability. I’m jelly.

In classic Cis fashion, “fans” love to **** on this kid. Is he a great player? Of course not. But, he’s on this team, is liked by his teammates, bleeds orange and green, works hard on and off the field, etc. Whether you like it or not, we need guys like this and if he is starting, blame the coaches for not finding someone better.

:xvfmlqq:

Our Rudy.

Turnover > sack.
Our guy is a higher character person than Rudy: See Rudy IRS Issues.
And nothing Notre Lame should ever be associated with UM.

EDIT: As far as Knowles is concerned, his first four years here have been very bumpy, to say the least. A lot of the past criticism has been warranted. But this year he's been mostly solid at safety and is definitely not the reason for the defensive lapses we saw late in games 1 and 2. The guy will always be somewhat limited by his lack of lateral quickness, but it does seem like he's working hard to get the most out of his natural ability.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back