Robert Knowles: The hidden story of Saturday

- He’s terrorized on social media by even his classmates, and he is still noted for how hard he works everyday in practice.
- Diaz, Baker and Banda have made notes of his improvements (and, again, hard work) yet … hate - still.
- He steps in and starts and does s a solid job … crickets.
- And he wore the Turnover Chain.

And, when he talks about Miami he has more humility than ANY Miami player, and seemingly more love. I was impressed by his post practice presser before the BCC game, but his calm demeanor after the game really struck me. It’s amazing to constantly read posters harp about high-character guys yet for Robert Knowles … more crickets.

It’s not quite a movie script (maligned 5th year senior… survives three coaching staffs…constantly passed over on the depth chart… finally “celebrates” with one of the highest honors of a defensive player at Miami) but Robert Knowles was my favorite story on a Saturday of feel good stories.

View attachment 97299

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
- He’s terrorized on social media by even his classmates, and he is still noted for how hard he works everyday in practice.
- Diaz, Baker and Banda have made notes of his improvements (and, again, hard work) yet … hate - still.

And, when he talks about Miami he has more humility than ANY Miami player, and seemingly more love. I was impressed by his post practice presser before the BCC game, but his calm demeanor after the game really struck me. It’s amazing to constantly read posters harp about high-character guys yet for Robert Knowles … more crickets.

It’s not quite a movie script (maligned 5th year senior… survives three coaching staffs…constantly passed over on the depth chart… finally “celebrates” with one of the highest honors of a defensive player at Miami) but Robert Knowles was my favorite story on a Saturday of feel good stories.

View attachment 97299

Excellent Excellent Excellent post!

Without a doubt, the story of last Saturday!

Hardest worker and most resilient Cane with no hype, crutch, or benefit of doubt (3 coaching staffs...wow).

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why I don't like to personally insult players. I don't know this guy. He could be the nicest dude in the world. By all accounts, he's a good teammate and a hard worker. Still, we've all seen his play the last 4 years and it's sub standard. That's not bashing him personally, he's just not good enough. It happens. If we're going to be relying on him to be a starter at safety for the rest of the year, we have some serious problems with the safety position and their coach.

View attachment 97299

Great post @Tetragrammaton Cane

View attachment 97299

People like Robert Knowles exemplify what it means to trust the process. He ignored his detractors and critics, kept working at his craft and has turned into a solid contributer on defense. Really happy to see him have success on the field. Keep up the good work 20.

Advertisement
Back