Robert Knowles: The hidden story of Saturday

Advertisement
- He’s terrorized on social media by even his classmates, and he is still noted for how hard he works everyday in practice.
- Diaz, Baker and Banda have made notes of his improvements (and, again, hard work) yet … hate - still.
- He steps in and starts and does s a solid job … crickets.
- And he wore the Turnover Chain.

And, when he talks about Miami he has more humility than ANY Miami player, and seemingly more love. I was impressed by his post practice presser before the BCC game, but his calm demeanor after the game really struck me. It’s amazing to constantly read posters harp about high-character guys yet for Robert Knowles … more crickets.

It’s not quite a movie script (maligned 5th year senior… survives three coaching staffs…constantly passed over on the depth chart… finally “celebrates” with one of the highest honors of a defensive player at Miami) but Robert Knowles was my favorite story on a Saturday of feel good stories.

View attachment 97299

I never understood why fans talk down on their own guys , this guy kept working and ignoring all the talk about him , never got in trouble .or have he gave and went to the portal , he had a few bad plays but he has improved and I hope he prove people wrong and ball out the rest of the season, if a player is playing bad it’s on the coach to put them in the right position or put somebody better over him , so it’s on the coach not on the players

Advertisement
His play before this year warranted criticism. But it’s great to see him playing well now. It takes some guys longer to develop and that’s fine. He’s stuck it out unlike 99% of other kids. He earned this.

I also wanna point out this is why you can’t put away the chain for any game, even if it’s Bethune. Can you imagine if Manny would’ve said no chain today and then Knowles did that? It would’ve crushed the kid

Robs a real good dude, nice to everyone and has never caused a problem. He’s had a rough career on D but never gave up on himself and now he’s been outplaying guys like Hall that everyone’s been crowning before doing anything
Do you think he has a future in coaching?

I will admit I’ve bashed him on here repeatedly but that was due to his play on the field which IMO was warranted. He just hasn’t been good his first 4 years here.

But it seems he may have improved to be a serviceable player here and him wearing the chain was a feel good moment Saturday.
Same here

Advertisement
I don't care where the playmaking comes from. Just want guys to cover their assignment, be disruptive, and make some **** plays.

Knowles had a few good moments on special teams over the years. But he contributed greatly to us losing or nearly losing games with his safety play. That's why fans were trashing him. He played well against Bethune. Hopefully this is the start of a storybook year. But with all due respect to RK, I hope the coaches can get Bolden ready to go, and coach up Hall, Carter and Smith, in case Knowles isn't able to perform at a high level against top competition like we'll hopefully see from Clemson in the ACCCG.

People here have dumped on Robert for so long that they can't and won't acknowledge anything positive associated with him no matter what. It's a disgusting reflection of the tumor of our fan base.
Bingo . He has been good this season and he has been really good the last 2 games especially . Many on here won't acknowledge how much better he has gotten but he has .

Do you think he has a future in coaching?
Yeah no doubt, I think he can do well recruiting because he’s very personable and he’s also well spoken and willing to learn. He’s one of those guys that might not have had the biggest impact on the field but can translate that experience into being a very successful coach if he wants to go that route.

He seemed his first few years here afraid of the spotlight and the moment

I still remember him getting duped by GT on the red zone for a TD throw that looked like a wounded duck that should have 99.99% of the time been batted down or intercepted flat out

Advertisement
Yeah no doubt, I think he can do well recruiting because he’s very personable and he’s also well spoken and willing to learn. He’s one of those guys that might not have had the biggest impact on the field but can translate that experience into being a very successful coach if he wants to go that route.
I could see it.

Him and Honky Badger are why you never give up on players. Is he an All American? No, but he has turned out to be pretty good, very dependable, and a senior leader. All you can ask for.

Crickets is a compliment.
UM was and always will be the biggest brand in South Florida. Therefore, Miami gets criticized like a pro team.
IIWII, if you aren’t being criticized, then you are doing your job. Congrats to Bobby and props to the staff for development.

Advertisement
- He’s terrorized on social media by even his classmates, and he is still noted for how hard he works everyday in practice.
- Diaz, Baker and Banda have made notes of his improvements (and, again, hard work) yet … hate - still.
- He steps in and starts and does s a solid job … crickets.
- And he wore the Turnover Chain.

And, when he talks about Miami he has more humility than ANY Miami player, and seemingly more love. I was impressed by his post practice presser before the BCC game, but his calm demeanor after the game really struck me. It’s amazing to constantly read posters harp about high-character guys yet for Robert Knowles … more crickets.

It’s not quite a movie script (maligned 5th year senior… survives three coaching staffs…constantly passed over on the depth chart… finally “celebrates” with one of the highest honors of a defensive player at Miami) but Robert Knowles was my favorite story on a Saturday of feel good stories.

View attachment 97299

He has one test left, he must redeem himself at Doak.... Do this and crown him.

Why is 'True Miami 305' not Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest, South Miami, Palmetto Bay?
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back