Robert Knowles Offered

Advertisement
Talan is a take before this kid in my opinion. Knowles is nice tho don't get me wrong, but Talan is a beast. Both play similiar to me.

Talan is an animal. Nasty. Wish Hoggins would get an offer as well. These are the type of kids that Charlie Strong built his Louisville teams around. The ones that curb stomped us and the Gators in bowl games.

Advertisement
Now Fenton needs an offer and the possibility of Marcus Lewis, this could be a decent secondary class

I stand by half of this statement. Fenton has been balling and that was a huge miss. Lewis wasn't what he was projected.

I swung and missed on page 1 about Knowles. Film looked good in HS but he's just too slow and not heady enough. Awful combination for a college safety

I swung n missed too. Even though i knew he wouldnt be a guy to play right away. He had a buzz locally starting in the spring of his junior year..then it carried over to sr season where he made a lot of plays. Didnt realize though he has the correct size..he isnt as athletic as film suggested. Havent seen enough but he looks like what he is now..a rotational player at safety that blew two big plays last week. He has the rest of the year to make up for it..because if they land the safety class thir suppose to he will have a lot of comp for pt.

538.jpg

Advertisement
So we are bumping threads four games into his sophomore season? Knowles was thrown into the biggest game of the year (coming off an injury) and froze. It happens. Let's see how he recovers.

The critics said he would never play here. He's playing over a guy recruited by Clemson (Finley) and by LSU (Carter).

Is he as athletic as he looked on tape? No. I thought he was faster and had more upside than he does. But the guy worked his way into the rotation and starts on special teams. If this weekend taught us anything, it is that we shouldn't throw dirt on players until their time is up.

So we are bumping threads four games into his sophomore season? Knowles was thrown into the biggest game of the year (coming off an injury) and froze. It happens. Let's see how he recovers.

The critics said he would never play here. He's playing over a guy recruited by Clemson (Finley) and by LSU (Carter).

Is he as athletic as he looked on tape? No. I thought he was faster and had more upside than he does. But the guy worked his way into the rotation and starts on special teams. If this weekend taught us anything, it is that we shouldn't throw dirt on players until their time is up.

Agreed... case in point, Dee Delaney has improved since his terrible start

Oh Jesus, you still won't admit you were ever wrong, not even once. You didn't just call him good, you called him one of the best in his class in South Florida.

When Knowles was a freshman, he was unable to squat 185 during initial strength testing. That's when I knew he had no business being here. ****, every freshman football player at my HS could squat 185. He showed up here weak and slow, that's a bad combo for a safety.

Other guys, like Berrios and Rosier, have always belonged physically.

Delaney just had 2 bad games.

He was a projected NFL draft pick coming into the season and a beast physically.

Only the CIS horde who overreacts to everything thought he was bad

Advertisement
I'm far more concerned about his mental abilities than him squatting 185. If he can't understand the concepts and calls of the D, he shouldn't be playing ball. I'm not giving up on him as he will get more time to learn BUT he clearly has a mountain to climb with lots of kids wanting that spot.

Oh Jesus, you still won't admit you were ever wrong, not even once. You didn't just call him good, you called him one of the best in his class in South Florida.

For someone who follows me around in every thread, you don't seem to read my posts.

I said Knowles wasn't as talented as I thought. That was clear early in his career. I still support the decision to offer him (and Redwine) due to our options at the time. It is no surprise they are our #2 and #3 safeties.

For someone who follows me around in every thread, you don't seem to read my posts.

I said Knowles wasn't as talented as I thought. That was clear early in his career. I still support the decision to offer him (and Redwine) due to our options at the time. It is no surprise they are our #2 and #3 safeties.

he's not gonna become faster or more athletic.... He is and will continue to be a huge liability on the field. Guys like Jobe and Hall cant get here soon enough.

and the "this weekend taught us".... Berrios was always misused, even by this staff last year. No one has been surprised by him being much more productive in the slot

Advertisement
he's not gonna become faster or more athletic.... He is and will continue to be a huge liability on the field. Guys like Jobe and Hall cant get here soon enough.

His mistakes on Saturday were mental. Do we need a major talent upgrade at safety? No question. Do I expect Jobe and Hall to push guys like Knowles to special teams? Yes.

But it's silly to write off any contribution from a sophomore who beat out three talented safeties in camp. Knowles is not as good as we thought, but he's better than he showed.

Delaney just had 2 bad games.

He was a projected NFL draft pick coming into the season and a beast physically.

Only the CIS horde who overreacts to everything thought he was bad

"Only the CIS horde who overreacts to everything thought he was bad"... not sure if serious... as everyone with two eyes saw that he was hot garbage in the Toledo and Bethune-Cookman games... no CIS overreaction on this one, it was pure facts

Kudos to him for making significant improvements since those 2 games

His mistakes on Saturday were mental. Do we need a major talent upgrade at safety? No question. Do I expect Jobe and Hall to push guys like Knowles to special teams? Yes.

But it's silly to write off any contribution from a sophomore who beat out three talented safeties in camp. Knowles is not as good as we thought, but he's better than he showed.

he hasnt shown to be better than he showed...

Advertisement
Back