Robert Knowles Offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should have had an offer regardless of Tim's choice.

This is one of the types of kids in Dade County that slip though the cracks and blow up for another school.

Which is why I'm still furious the staff hasn't offered Talan.

Advertisement
Robert Knowles highlight film is ridiculous....He's the type of guy that good coaches would develop into a beast. Should've been offered.

Miami has been looking to add a second safety prospect to their 2015 recruiting class for the past few months but the list has been dwindling lately.

They decided to turn in a new direction yesterday. They extended an offer to a local product, Edison’s Robert Knowles, whose stock rose during his senior season.

“I’ve been staying in touch with them lately and they did the same with me,” Knowles said. “They made sure I didn’t need to go another route, they didn’t want to see me in prep school. Now that they know I’m qualified, they offered. Coach Brown and Al Golden said I’m underrated. They like my potential and I bring something to the table.”

The Hurricanes held a special place in Knowles’ (6-1, 185) heart dating back a few years. It’s clear that still holds true even in the present.

“I always played football since I was little and I loved their team as long as I can remember,” Knowles said. “I’m not sure why but I threw up the ‘U’ every time I would score a touchdown. I feel like it’s a good school too and they could help me get to wherever I want to go.”

However, Knowles committed to FIU on December 18th. The Golden Panthers won him over because they were understanding of his academic situation.

“College people usually look at my grades and they did that with me,” Knowles said. “My GPA used to be a 2.1 but I boosted it up to a 2.9. Now more schools are coming with interest once they found out about that. FIU is the one that went over all this with me and they noticed I’ve been taking honors classes.”

Knowles only has offers from the two most local schools. He’ll take some official visits and announce a final decision once he’s done.

“I don’t know of anybody else (who might offer), maybe Kentucky but I’m not sure yet,” Knowles said. “My first official visit is Miami on the 16th and most likely, I’ll take others too. I’m committed but at the same time, that’s my dream school. I spoke to my parents about it and I should have a final answer after the visits.”

In addition to his progress in the classroom, Knowles has gained attention for his style of play. He finished his 2014 season with 3 interceptions for the Red Raiders.

“I always looked up to Richard Sherman for some reason, because he does what I do,” Knowles said. “I never give up on plays and that’s how I make things happen. I’m aggressive to the ball and I love to tackle. I’m on a good level in coverage but I need to get used to zone more and not only man.”

Advertisement
I like this offer ....Now offer Archer, Fenton, Hoggins, and Redwine

All these are the type of guys randy used to get bashed for taking

No. We got mad when he didn't offer kids like Ricardo Allen or Jayron Hosley because of height. We got mad when he took dudes like Kelvin Cain and Jimmy Gaines over guys in South Florida that were better. We got mad when he recruited the DT position like **** (Delmar Taylor, Jeff Brown, etc).

Sound familiar?

Advertisement
Finally a late scholly offer worth a **** by this staff. This is exactly the type of kid that goes to an obscure school like FIU then you see his name being called in the first 3 rounds of the draft.....

Talan is a take before this kid in my opinion. Knowles is nice tho don't get me wrong, but Talan is a beast. Both play similiar to me.

Advertisement
Back