Robert Burns

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude's being written off as a wasted scholarship before his first fall camp. Classic.

Burns needs an injection of adamantium or we may be calling him Humpty Dumpty before the end of his career at Miami.

But there is always a kid that defies the odds. Malcolm Lewis came back from his injury, looked good the second half of last season and has a shot with the Fins. I was certain Josh Holmes would be a medical hardship at DT but he just kept coming back. Shayon Green is playing in the CFL after multiple injuries.

Burns was turning heads before the latest setback, so we know he still has what it takes. Just keep the tape and glue ready on the sidelines.

Burns injury history is certainly not good. I think he's a physical freak, which makes his upside worth the risk of him never playing a down.

Right now I'm expecting/hoping his career plays out a bit like Najeh Davenport, who was also a physical freak that was often injured. Makes some big plays, has 1 or 2 big games - but injuries will keep from reaching the full potential.

Advertisement
No one is writing him off entirely. He is one of those guys who has been blessed with every physical gift required to be an elite football player-- size, speed, athleticism, brains-- except for durability. Sometimes the body catches up and these guys are OK from there on out, other times, they're not. He missed two years of HS and then somehow separated his shoulder (or whatever) within his first 5 practices at UM. Not off to a good start.

Advertisement
No one is writing him off entirely. He is one of those guys who has been blessed with every physical gift required to be an elite football player-- size, speed, athleticism, brains-- except for durability. Sometimes the body catches up and these guys are OK from there on out, other times, they're not. He missed two years of HS and then somehow separated his shoulder (or whatever) within his first 5 practices at UM. Not off to a good start.

I'm writing him off entirely.

sovt2j78mhii7bdixol0

Bobby Burns with the Crocs

We not bak mane

Advertisement
Richt noted that both Gray and Burns are making progress, though Burns — who hurt his shoulder early in the spring — still hasn’t been cleared to lift some of the heavier weights his teammates have been lifting during summer workouts.
From yesterday ...

Advertisement
Back