Robert Burns

Big athletic kid. None of which matters if he can't play. We'll see but I remain doubtful he ever contributes here.

Advertisement
nothing earth shattering, but Barry Jackson said this about Burns today: "One UM official said freshman running back Robert Burns was impressive before a shoulder injury sidelined him for much of spring ball. "Physical, can cut, lot of movement skills for a guy that big," the official said.""

i'd provide link, but I couldn't find the link.

The kid is a special talent, that's why the staff recruited him. Just unfortunate for him he has been unable to stay healthy. Let's just hope he can because if so he can be a special back for us

Found it interesting that Mark Walton didn't mention Robert Burns at ACC media day when asked about the running backs.
Here's the transcript.

Q. Just what you can say not only about yourself but how you would describe the backfield for Miami, the weapons that you have back there, some of the guys that maybe have stuck out to you at this point.

MARK WALTON: You've got myself, you've got Travis Homer, you've got Trayone Gray coming back after his ACL injury. Besides myself, you've got a great youngster, Travis Homer, a true sophomore. He's going to do a great -- I think he's going to be a great player, do a great job this year. You've got Trayone (Gray) that's grown, more power back. I think he's going to do a great job coming back off his ACL injury, he's looking pretty good, running well. I think our whole room is bright.

Nothing interesting about it.

Burns was injured early in the spring and held out after that.

People always try to read stuff into meaningless 20 second sports quotes. Shows a lack of intellect and discernment as well as paranoid tendencies.

It means NOTHING that he didn't mention Burns. Burns may never play a down this year or he may be a contributor.

Probably hasn't seen enough of him in practice to say anything about him. He mostly has been banged up.

Advertisement
They should redshirt him if possible and work on somehow making his body less brittle.

They should redshirt him if possible and work on somehow making his body less brittle.

Total opposite with a guy that brittle.
You play him as much as you can and as much as he's needed when he is healthy.
You don't use a redshirt on a player who is going to get seriously hurt again.
Otherwise, it is a complete waste of time.

Recruiting him was a complete waste of time.

Now that he's here maybe they can find out what his problem is and get it corrected.

Steph Curry's ankles were once made of glass. They strengthened his lower body and that's how he generates the power to hit 35 foot shots like he's making layups.

Don't you tell me my business again.

Advertisement

Recruiting him was a complete waste of time.

Now that he's here maybe they can find out what his problem is and get it corrected.

Steph Curry's ankles were once made of glass. They strengthened his lower body and that's how he generates the power to hit 35 foot shots like he's making layups.

Don't you tell me my business again.

I don't necessarily think it was a mistake to recruit Burns.

The mistake was not bringing a 2nd RB in his class.

Steph Curry is not getting pounded by big mofos like a RB at a P5 school.
Apples and Oranges (since you're in the produce business).

Last edited:
Medely,

I don't know how you knew that but yes, I am in produce.

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to Rok's Feed & Farm Supply, conveniently located in Kendall just over the bridge, and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.

I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed corn that I sell.

Ask me for my seed, and the day you have longed for, the day you have dreamed about, will soon arrive: When the corn is large and ripe for the taking, you can place your lips around the heavy cob, savoring the texture, the smell and, finally, the taste as you bite gently and your mouth is filled with sweet juice.

You will then thank me, thank me passionately. For I will have provided you with top-quality farm supplies at a reasonable price! We're just a block from Hill's Veterinary Clinic and the Kendall Credit Union, so enjoy the convenience of just one trip to town!

Medely,

I have come to assume my dominant position in this farm community due to the high quality and timely delivery of my seed. Come to Rok's Feed & Farm Supply, conveniently located in Kendall just over the bridge, and you will leave smiling and satisfied in every way, if not utterly amazed at the performance. You must have my seed!

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases. If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.

I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed corn that I sell.

Ask me for my seed, and the day you have longed for, the day you have dreamed about, will soon arrive: When the corn is large and ripe for the taking, you can place your lips around the heavy cob, savoring the texture, the smell and, finally, the taste as you bite gently and your mouth is filled with sweet juice.

You will then thank me, thank me passionately. For I will have provided you with top-quality farm supplies at a reasonable price! We're just a block from Hill's Veterinary Clinic and the Kendall Credit Union, so enjoy the convenience of just one trip to town!

Appreciate the offer, but I will have to graciously decline.
Any chance you can do something about your son the baseball coach?

Advertisement
Medely,

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Would upvote again. Good **** bro

Advertisement
Back