Robert Burns

Richt noted that both Gray and Burns are making progress, though Burns — who hurt his shoulder early in the spring — still hasn’t been cleared to lift some of the heavier weights his teammates have been lifting during summer workouts.
From yesterday ...

Source?

Advertisement
PBPost quotes Richt saying he expects both Burns & Gray to be cleared for Aug. 1 practice. Both are participating in summer workouts. He notes Burns should be cleared soon for the heavy lifting.

I know it sounds crazy but put a red jersey on the Burns. We know he's fragile and there's no ball security issues with him I've heard about. If Burns gets nicked in fall practice then Walton and Homer are going to be forced to play more snaps in the 1st two games. Ideally Walton plays 1 to 2 series in the 1st two games. You don't want Homer having to carry the ball 20 times the 1st two games either. You want Gray to play maybe a quarter in each of the 1st two. We've seen what he is capable of doing and that includes fumbling with no big upside. God forbid Walton or Homer go down we need Burns to be ready.

I know it sounds crazy but put a red jersey on the Burns. We know he's fragile and there's no ball security issues with him I've heard about. If Burns gets nicked in fall practice then Walton and Homer are going to be forced to play more snaps in the 1st two games. Ideally Walton plays 1 to 2 series in the 1st two games. You don't want Homer having to carry the ball 20 times the 1st two games either. You want Gray to play maybe a quarter in each of the 1st two. We've seen what he is capable of doing and that includes fumbling with no big upside. God forbid Walton or Homer go down we need Burns to be ready.

Maybe we can petition the NCAA to allow him to wear a red jersey during games too. You might be onto something.

Advertisement
I know what happened to Burns and the severity but y'all rip me when I over share. If an admin wants the full scoop then I'll share with them and let them decide if it should go in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Burns' Facebook password. If an admin wants the full scoop then I'll share with them and let them decide if it should go in this thread.

Maybe we can petition the NCAA to allow him to wear a red jersey during games too. You might be onto something.

I'll take it a step further , allow him a red jersey 24/7.

Advertisement

I'll take it a step further , allow him a red jersey 24/7.

Even then they'll still need to figure out how to stop slip and falls in the shower. Gotta keep them hips safe. Slip and falls kill people.

I know what happened to Burns and the severity but y'all rip me when I over share. If an admin wants the full scoop then I'll share with them and let them decide if it should go in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like someone forgot to sign out of his backup account before commenting. We rip you? I didn't know you ever posted anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WTF is he smiling at?

Oh yea, the greatest heist ever...

Gets a four-star ranking and a full scholarship to one of the best schools in the southeast in both sports and academics, all while having not played since he was 15 years old.

You can't explain that

nothing earth shattering, but Barry Jackson said this about Burns today: "One UM official said freshman running back Robert Burns was impressive before a shoulder injury sidelined him for much of spring ball. "Physical, can cut, lot of movement skills for a guy that big," the official said.""

i'd provide link, but I couldn't find the link.

nothing earth shattering, but Barry Jackson said this about Burns today: "One UM official said freshman running back Robert Burns was impressive before a shoulder injury sidelined him for much of spring ball. "Physical, can cut, lot of movement skills for a guy that big," the official said.""

i'd provide link, but I couldn't find the link.

Barry Jackson got that "news" from here...

Advertisement
Back