Robert Burns

The concerning thing with Burns is that every part of his body appears susceptible to injury.

This isn't like Shayon tearing his ACL 323 times and coming back every season.

i would be more concerned if it's always an ACL injury (or other knee related injury) for a RB.... A dislocated shoulder really isnt a big deal until it becomes one.

Yea bc shoulders never become nagging injuring for running backs

Advertisement
Sounds like a slightly strained labia. He should be able to get injured again during 7-7 summer workouts.

The concerning thing with Burns is that every part of his body appears susceptible to injury.

This isn't like Shayon tearing his ACL 323 times and coming back every season.

i would be more concerned if it's always an ACL injury (or other knee related injury) for a RB.... A dislocated shoulder really isnt a big deal until it becomes one.

All the great RBs suffer a torn ACL. It's a rite of passage.

Was there any word on the severity of his shoulder injury?

Will he require surgery?

Didn't Vinny Scavo assure us that he was just taking Burns to class when he had him on the golf cart? I'm going to take Vinny at his word and just assume they were resting Bobby Gehrig for the spring.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] got a little bit too into it when he was sniffing Burn's jock strap and as a result, Burns contracted a yeast infection. Doubtful Bethune.

I don't think the Dallas-to-RB talk makes a lot of sense. We need a pounder, a short yardage guy, not another scat back...

Whats a pounder tho?
Thats a mentality. Not a size.

As long as deejay can get low find the crease and get the yard, thats all that matters.

Dallas is a pretty physical kid. I would def trust him to get a yard on 3rd and 1.

Bruisers dont get enough momentum to be impactful on 3rd and short unless they have feet like Derrick Henry and those type of monsters are rare.

Advertisement
I don't think the Dallas-to-RB talk makes a lot of sense. We need a pounder, a short yardage guy, not another scat back...

Why not ? He needs to learn both the more ways you can get the ball in his hands the better . Imagine lbs trying to cover him out the back filed. They need to find plays with all the smaller speed guys on the field together

Assuming he gets injured again between now and the game against Bethune - how willing should we be to either:

a) accept D'Anthony Hopkins as a transfer

and/or

b) move Dallas to RB

a. No.

b. Yes.

no point in moving Dallas to RB... Trayone Gray is a perfect 3rd string rb. If not Charles Perry can take a knee on the sideline as a 3rd string rb like the best of them.

Trayone Gray has been out with injury for 6+ months and still isn't back.

I think Gray and Burns will both be healthy for the season.
But Deejay needs to get some practice at RB. He Needs to start learning the playbook as a RB also. If Walton gets injured, we need Deejay to play RB.

Advertisement
I just want to say that I hope Deejay does not become the current version of Jason Geathers, super talented but bounces from place to
place . . . they do play same position(s)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back