RIP Leonard Myers

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
RIP to Leonard Myers, who passed away from cancer. I will always remember his huge hit against FSU in 2000 that helped win the game and turn around the program.

Advertisement
Wow, this is sad news. I had no idea he was battling cancer. What a nasty disease.

He was an underrated player at The U. RIP.

Advertisement
RIP, Leonard. Great guy and a good football player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

One of the unsung heroes who helped turn the Miami program around in the late 90's-early 2000's. I'll never forget the defensive backfield of him, Blades, Rumph and Reed.

Advertisement
Came to UM when it was not the "popular" thing to do esp seeing that he was a top rated DB out of HS. RIP to that man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of the unsung heroes who helped turn the Miami program around in the late 90's-early 2000's. I'll never forget the defensive backfield of him, Blades, Rumph and Reed.

Same. That was the backfield that emerged when I first started following Miami. Such a shame half of that backfield is gone now.

RIP to Leonard Myers, who passed away from cancer. I will always remember his huge hit against FSU in 2000 that helped win the game and turn around the program.
Holy ****! I was just talking about Myers and "best Miami CBs of all time" with P-Buch yesterday. P-Buch specifically said Myers was really underrated. If anyone is wondering about a specifically understated play, please think back to the WVU game in 2000. We came out flat, went down a score and punted to WVU. Then...

After Cooper Rego's one-yard TD plunge gave West Virginia the lead, Miami was forced to punt following seven plays on the
ensuing possession. But moments later cornerback Leonard Myers stepped in front of
Lewis' poorly thrown pass into the left flat and sprinted 25
yards untouched for the tying score. "Leonard Myers' interception return for a touchdown really lit
us up," Davis said. After that we were hungry."

That play may be one specific moment that sparked an incredible era of Miami Hurricane football. RIP. Terrible.

Holy ****! I was just talking about Myers and "best Miami CBs of all time" with P-Buch yesterday. P-Buch specifically said Myers was really underrated. If anyone is wondering about a specifically understated play, please think back to the WVU game in 2000. We came out flat, went down a score and punted to WVU. Then...

After Cooper Rego's one-yard TD plunge gave West Virginia the lead, Miami was forced to punt following seven plays on the
ensuing possession. But moments later cornerback Leonard Myers stepped in front of
Lewis' poorly thrown pass into the left flat and sprinted 25
yards untouched for the tying score. "Leonard Myers' interception return for a touchdown really lit
us up," Davis said. After that we were hungry."

That play may be one specific moment that sparked an incredible era of Miami Hurricane football. RIP. Terrible.

Good stuff Lu. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Coming off the loss to Washington, when we got down 7 to WVU I was definitely feeling like Butch Davis just wasn't the guy to get us where we needed to be. Pick six happens, and then next thing you know we're on the greatest run in modern day CFB history. Sad story regarding Myers. RIP.

Advertisement
Back