RIP Leonard Myers

Advertisement
Lu, another note about that game. IIRC, I think we were favored by a TD. While I don't remember the exact spread, what I do remember specifically is telling all of my betting buddies that if I wasn't such a huge Canes fan, I'd take WVU plus the points AND on the ML. LOL I've been a guy that should be faded since the beginning of time!

Advertisement
RIP to Leonard Myers, who passed away from cancer. I will always remember his huge hit against FSU in 2000 that helped win the game and turn around the program.
Holy ****! I was just talking about Myers and "best Miami CBs of all time" with P-Buch yesterday. P-Buch specifically said Myers was really underrated. If anyone is wondering about a specifically understated play, please think back to the WVU game in 2000. We came out flat, went down a score and punted to WVU. Then...

After Cooper Rego's one-yard TD plunge gave West Virginia the lead, Miami was forced to punt following seven plays on the
ensuing possession. But moments later cornerback Leonard Myers stepped in front of
Lewis' poorly thrown pass into the left flat and sprinted 25
yards untouched for the tying score. "Leonard Myers' interception return for a touchdown really lit
us up," Davis said. After that we were hungry."

That play may be one specific moment that sparked an incredible era of Miami Hurricane football. RIP. Terrible.

Look at Lu. "I was talking with P-Buch yesterday." How are us mere mortals supposed to compete with that?

RIP to Leonard Myers, who passed away from cancer. I will always remember his huge hit against FSU in 2000 that helped win the game and turn around the program.
Holy ****! I was just talking about Myers and "best Miami CBs of all time" with P-Buch yesterday. P-Buch specifically said Myers was really underrated. If anyone is wondering about a specifically understated play, please think back to the WVU game in 2000. We came out flat, went down a score and punted to WVU. Then...

After Cooper Rego's one-yard TD plunge gave West Virginia the lead, Miami was forced to punt following seven plays on the
ensuing possession. But moments later cornerback Leonard Myers stepped in front of
Lewis' poorly thrown pass into the left flat and sprinted 25
yards untouched for the tying score. "Leonard Myers' interception return for a touchdown really lit
us up," Davis said. After that we were hungry."

That play may be one specific moment that sparked an incredible era of Miami Hurricane football. RIP. Terrible.

Look at Lu. "I was talking with P-Buch yesterday." How are us mere mortals supposed to compete with that?
Was an open networking event, so not all that special. The guy happened to single out Leonard Myers and give him props. It's spooky. I have no idea if he knew what was going on with Myers (I didn't), but thought props from an all-timer would honor Myers and give him some shine the younger dudes might not realize existed.

Lu, another note about that game. IIRC, I think we were favored by a TD. While I don't remember the exact spread, what I do remember specifically is telling all of my betting buddies that if I wasn't such a huge Canes fan, I'd take WVU plus the points AND on the ML. LOL I've been a guy that should be faded since the beginning of time!
There was always something about WVU. I think the only time I ever took points against the Canes was that WVU game at home where Winslow grabbed a one hander from Berlin to save the day. I was younger back then. Now, as much as possible, I just stay the F away from betting for or against the Canes.

Advertisement
Sickening to see a young guy like that die of an insidious disease. RIP, Len, Jr. I hope he didn't go through it alone and didn't suffer too much.

Crazy---

I was talking to my wife yesterday about how beating FSU in 2000 was monumental for many reasons. I pull up the video and there Myers is -- making plays all day long. That game had crazy ups and downs. RIP LMJ

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back