RIP Coach Leach

Advertisement
I’ve been through this before. I hate to say this and I hate to speculate but that’s what people do on the site, so I’m going to.

They’re waiting until the entire family gets there so they can say their goodbyes. And then they shut it down. I hate to put it in such stsrk terms but I’ve been down this road before. More than once. I have a very big family.

God bless their family and I hope they find peace and comfort.
Sorry you’ve had to go through something similar. Dark days, I’m sure. Prayers to you and your lost loved ones.

Possible final update on Leach - 247 Steve Robertson

I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.

I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love who much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and Hail State!"

[247 Link](https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/probably-our-final-update--200271795/?page=1)

Sorry you’ve had to go through something similar. Dark days, I’m sure. Prayers to you and your lost loved ones.

Thanks, but it’s a big family, it has to happen, I’ve got a few elderly people in my family, and a few of those apparently are going to have some very long life spans, which is in a way the curse of modern medicine, because once people start to live into their 90s, things can get complicated.

I appreciate your thoughts, and of course it’s been painful, but I look at it as part of life. Not to sound cold, but we are all going to be there, one way or another, one day. I feel like if you live the right way, and treat people the right way, then the end is bittersweet. Because you have good memories and thoughts to fall back on and nature has taken its course. I came to terms with my mortality a long time ago.

I don’t fear it, I just want to go out the right way and not be a burden, because I’ve seen the other side of that.

Advertisement
Unfortunately sometimes people are alone, and even if there are other people in the house, they could easily be in another room, working in the yard or whatever
My sister n law passed this way. She was 37. They had 4 kids. At the time, ages 4-11. My brother had went OOS & she had a bad asthma attack. My niece (11) tried to help. Called 911. They say she went 13 mins without oxygen. Tried lots of methods but never had any brain activity again. I know first hand how terrible on the family. Asthma attack. Something that stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This feels weird to report about. Guy better hope his sources are 100% right.
hes not a verified reporter (hes verified to twitter blue). even if he is right, he put that out there without family consent. let the family announce it if it is true not an idiot on twitter paying elon 8 bucks a month

hes not a verified reporter (hes verified to twitter blue). even if he is right, he put that out there without family consent. let the family announce it if it is true not an idiot on twitter paying elon 8 bucks a month
He was chasing clout. Prefaced it by saying he considered Leach a friend. Blah blah. We can all connect the dots without him acting like he needs to be the family spokesperson. Clown.

No but I guess the correct place and time thing applies.

Don’t know him but this hits home as some, including me, have been in this position and it brings up some sad memories. Memories you don’t recover from.

Besides, fact of the matter is your post was nothing but fake bravado and no doubt people like you and those giving the big 💯 for your or similar “bad **** wannabe” posts sob when running over a freakin squirrel.

Think you heard me?
I don’t think you know what bravado means.

Possible final update on Leach - 247 Steve Robertson

I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.

I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love who much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and Hail State!"

[247 Link](https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/probably-our-final-update--200271795/?page=1)
I'm so sad, "Swing your sword" and "The Perfect Pass" were the first books I read about football. I love the Pirate.

Advertisement
Happened to a neighbor that was good friend of mine. Was just talking to him less than 24 hrs. before it happened, he was excited about his new job and his daughter starting pre-k, and like I said less than 24 hrs. later he basically dropped dead from cardiac arrest in his front yard. Crazy thing about it was that he left work that morning complaining about chest pains, wish somebody would've made him stay and called EMT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is what I was thinking happened in my earlier post.

Seizure like activity is a sign of Cardiac Arrest... so FYI for all my friends on here if you ever see someone suffer what appears to be a seizure and they don't have a history of them, please check their pulse immediately. So many times people write it off as a seizure when

My sister n law passed this way. She was 37. They had 4 kids. At the time, ages 4-11. My brother had went OOS & she had a bad asthma attack. My niece (11) tried to help. Called 911. They say she went 13 mins without oxygen. Tried lots of methods but never had any brain activity again. I know first hand how terrible on the family. Asthma attack. Something that stupid.
Sorry to hear this.

So sorry to hear this. She was so young. I hope your niece is OK, although I’m sure it’s something that will stay with her, I pray that she can find the strength and have a wonderful future, as well as the other children. So difficult without a mother, but it can still be done, although obviously with difficulty and hard work.

Advertisement
Back