Richt's offense this year

astabooty

Redshirt Freshman
The WR screen and RPO were staples of the offense last year, yet so far they are mostly absent. What do you think the reason for the change is?

Advertisement
More confidence in the pass protection?

What's funny is that I thought the WR screen (or any screen in general) would have worked well last night when Duke decided to just continually blitz us.

I think the reason for this is Rosier is playing QB and he athletic enough to pull the ball and run with it in the option which is basically what all the rpo's and screens were last year for kaaya, if he pulled the ball he couldnt run so they had screens and other pass routes available to him for when he decided to pull it.

I think the reason for this is Rosier is playing QB and he athletic enough to pull the ball and run with it in the option which is basically what all the rpo's and screens were last year for kaaya, if he pulled the ball he couldnt run so they had screens and other pass routes available to him for when he decided to pull it.

This.

No real reason to run the RPO when your QB is athletic enough to beat the defense on zone reads.

I would like to see more of a screen/swing pass game, esp with Harley, Thomas, and Berrios though

This.

No real reason to run the RPO when your QB is athletic enough to beat the defense on zone reads.

I would like to see more of a screen/swing pass game, esp with Harley, Thomas, and Berrios though

Something tells me that we will start to see Harley and Thomas more involved in the offense very soon. A 3WR look with Richards, Harley and Thomas could be lethal. That's a lot of speed which is why I can't wait for Thomas and Harley to start picking it up and become more comfortable in this offense. Once it clicks for Thomas and Harley, this offense will put most any defense to bed. Early!

Advertisement
We should be utilizing the speed of Harley and Thomas with reverses and jet sweeps. With them struggling to get involved catching the ball it would be a natural way to get them going.

But we literally have zero motion in our offense so it's probably a futile request.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This.

There's plenty of reason to run RPO's even when your QB is athletic.

The RPO's with Kaaya only had 2 option (hand it off or throw it)
RPO's with Rosier have 3 options (hand it off, throw it, keep it)

You don't need a mobile QB to run RPO's but having one adds another element.

I don't care how mobile Rosier is, he ain't more dangerous then a speedy WR who's completely uncovered.

Something tells me that we will start to see Harley and Thomas more involved in the offense very soon. A 3WR look with Richards, Harley and Thomas could be lethal. That's a lot of speed which is why I can't wait for Thomas and Harley to start picking it up and become more comfortable in this offense. Once it clicks for Thomas and Harley, this offense will put most any defense to bed. Early!

It sounds like you're short-changing Berrios. There's no question Richards is our most talented player, but Berrios thus far has been our best offensive weapon after Walton. He may not have the game-breaking potential that a JT4 showed in high school, but he has been producing big time.

We should be utilizing the speed of Harley and Thomas with reverses and jet sweeps. With them struggling to get involved catching the ball it would be a natural way to get them going.

But we literally have zero motion in our offense so it's probably a futile request.

Me too. I think back to the way Devin Hester was utilized as a freshman and throughout his career and I wish we had some of that going for us.

Advertisement
Maybe Rosier struggles with the decision making aspect of RPO and Richt just didn't want to put that on his plate.

Does richt even know what he plans on doing with the offense moving forward? He recruits a guy like sits.... is he gonna use him as a spread, RO QB?

This.

I don't care how mobile Rosier is, he ain't more dangerous then a speedy WR who's completely uncovered.

I agree with you on that, i think anyone in there right mind would want a wide open Jeff Thomas with the ball over Rosier

Advertisement
Hope he goes back to it next week because WF gashed FSU in the quick screen game.

The thing that drives me nuts about Richt's RPO/WR screen is the guy who's getting the ball. Get the ball to Berrios or Thomas not the TE's or the slow WRs

This.

This. Mobility , pulling and running gives you even more options in the rpo

Advertisement
I am waiting for us to open up the playbook too.

The playbook opened up should look like this :

------------> Walton
------------> Richards
------------> Berrios

Run the ball. Try to get the ball to them in space.
Then Get the ball to other players who are open because these guys are keyed in by the defense.
Rinse, repeat.

Offense is working just fine... Clemson scored 31 but one of their TDs was a defensive td. So what's the difference??

More sweeps and bubble screens and all this other bs that sounds pretty only works perfectly in ur minds but in real life if Coach Richt called all these pretty plays and that didnt work you all would be blaming it on the playcaling as well.

Hope he goes back to it next week because WF gashed FSU in the quick screen game.

The thing that drives me nuts about Richt's RPO/WR screen is the guy who's getting the ball. Get the ball to Berrios or Thomas not the TE's or the slow WRs
He ran one WR screen last game on 3rd and 20 I think and it was to Cager. Makes no sense at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does richt even know what he plans on doing with the offense moving forward? He recruits a guy like sits.... is he gonna use him as a spread, RO QB?

IS this serious? Our coach has us in position we haven't been in 11-14 years ( to be a legit top 5-10 team) and you think he doesn't know what he is doing? LMAO.

Advertisement
Back