Richt says walton may be the best fb player hes ever coached

Advertisement
He meant it terms of being a complete, versatile football player.

Walton is our best runner, one of our best receivers, great pass protector, plays every special team and could probably play defense if you asked him.

Which is pretty much what Richt said in the interview.

Advertisement
If Walton can work on his vision just a little more, he'll crack 1400 yards this year. His heart is ridiculous.

Not sure vision is something one can improve on substantially. Generally, you either have it or you don't.

Of course, a RB's vision improves when he doesn't have to deal with DL in the offensive backfield on a regular basis. Improved run-blocking should help.

I remember when some bemoaned taking Walton over guys like Dexter Williams, Scarlett, Cronkrite, etc. Granted, he's blown up with better coaching, but he has a legitimate chance to be a top 2 round pick next April.

We didn't bemoan taking him over any of those guys. Walton was always at the top of our board if I recall.

I remember when some bemoaned taking Walton over guys like Dexter Williams, Scarlett, Cronkrite, etc. Granted, he's blown up with better coaching, but he has a legitimate chance to be a top 2 round pick next April.

We didn't bemoan taking him over any of those guys. Walton was always at the top of our board if I recall.

I think Scarlett was and then walton reclassified

Advertisement
I've always liked how Walton runs. I remember going into last year everyone giving him **** because his ypa were low, but they ignored the situations he was used in compared to Yearby.

Crazy that Walton was suppose to be a freshman last season. This kid is a beast! One of my favorite hurricanes not only for the things he does on the field, but more how he handles himself off the field and you can tell he is a leader. Kids look up to him..

The fact that he was able to deal with the passing of his mom and stay upbeat and professional for the guys speaks volume.

Can't wait to see what he does this upcoming season.

I've always liked how Walton runs. I remember going into last year everyone giving him **** because his ypa were low, but they ignored the situations he was used in compared to Yearby.

I was of those guys who didn't take that into account in his freshman season

Advertisement
One underrated area of Walton's game is in the red zone. He has a chance to break the career TD record in three seasons.

One underrated area of Walton's game is in the red zone. He has a chance to break the career TD record in three seasons.
Bingo.

The kid finds the end zone. We saw quite a few good backs here that struggled when it got down to the RZ.

Walton finished drives.

Advertisement
I've always thought it was weird how I could never quite compare his style to any other RB. Even back in his HS film. I think Walton's strengths are the level of aggression he runs with and a ridiculous sense of balance which makes him extremely hard to tackle. Maybe Walter Payton is a (stylistic) comparison. I think he dominates this year with improved online play.

My 2 favorite Walton moments from last year:

1. Opening drive TD run against App St. Remember they were so sure they would beat us after their close game against Tenn. Walton just took their manhood on that 1st play and let them know they did't belong.

2. His long TD run vs FSU that got called back on the BS holding flag. Might have been the best run I saw all of last year. Just pure willpower.

"Every dog has their day, I think it's our time to come back now"...Anybody else jump off the couch & run around the house after reading that one...GET US TO FOOTBALL SEASON NOW!!!!!!!!

Tell us,.. who is all around; better than Walton homey?????? ^^^^^^^^^^^

AR or Jackson come to mind immediately.

As far as overall value to the team, when considering depth and everything that goes along with being a college starting RB in a division 1 team, I disagree. Walton is the MVP right now in my opinion and the best overall player.

Advertisement
Back