Richt says walton may be the best fb player hes ever coached

My favorite thing about Walton is that he knows how to protect the football.
He rarely fumbles the ball and that will be so important this upcoming season.

Advertisement
I bet Blackvern won't be making an appearance in this thread.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walton gets so much hate on here, but he needs 400 yards to pass Frank Gore for 10th all-time on Miami's rushing list. With 1,000 yards he'll pass Portis for 5th place. With 1400 he'll pass Edge for 3rd (he'd need 1,800 to pass OJ for 2nd and 2,000 to pass Duke for 1st). He needs 13 TD to pass McGuire for 1st place all time on TDs.

And, he can come back next year.

If I remember right the kid had 5 TD's called back his freshman year. The kid is really good. But I am more in favor of rotating the backs. Keep Walton Fresh for the final 10 minutes. Keep him fresh for the NFL. That will keep the big time RB's coming here.

Advertisement
Walton looked like a legit 4.4 guy on that block on richards td. It's crazy because richards was just moving at a different speed and we know he's fast. Walton may have looked even faster there on that play. That's hustle, how can you not root for a guy like that?

Here's a new highlight tape, just from viewing it, an underrated aspect of Walton game is his ability to break tackles and his incredible balance. He's really good at bouncing off tackles and has good speed as well. Better breakaway speed then when thought he had. He will keep on improving. I'm excited about him this season
https://youtu.be/ILGZE3iYB4k

[TWEET]825367303260950529[/TWEET]
Such an unselfish player, he gives it all for his team

Advertisement
Here's a new highlight tape, just from viewing it, an underrated aspect of Walton game is his ability to break tackles and his incredible balance. He's really good at bouncing off tackles and has good speed as well. Better breakaway speed then when thought he had. He will keep on improving. I'm excited about him this season
https://youtu.be/ILGZE3iYB4k

I don't get the hate for MW. He has great balance, power, really good 2nd gear burst, decent long speed, and great hands. Bet $ if he played for another school, "fans" on here would jock him. He's a complete RB, imo. NFL scouts love him too. Are there things he needs to work on? Absolutely. Needs to work developing a stiff arm, and patience. But his effort, heart, and tangibles he do possess are upper echelon in my opinion.

He meant it terms of being a complete, versatile football player.

Walton is our best runner, one of our best receivers, great pass protector, plays every special team and could probably play defense if you asked him.

D$ - I'm curious as to what think of Walton as an NFL prospect? What round do you think he'd be drafted in?

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;j78OVdFoodI]https://youtu.be/j78OVdFoodI[/video]

Thanks El, what a class act this young man is. I'm proud he's a Miami Hurricane!!

Alot of people slept on him including me should of known if MR was after him at UGA then hes a savage

I did too, D.... I won't front, but , Walton is a workaholic, I believe he's on a mission this year.
If Homer does his thing, too... **** we're going to be alright in the RB category. Homer's my dude, he's got a killer attitude on the field.

Walton has all the traits you want in a player as far as work ethic, effort, and attitude. It's clear Richt loves coaching him.

I think Walton will make a great coach one day and I'm sure he'd always have a place on Richts staff if he wants.

But this statement should just be taken as coachspeak and hyperbole. Walton is not the runner, receiver or special teams player that Gurley was.

For example - Richt used to talk similarly about Thomas Brown. When Knowshon Moreno was tearing it up as a Freshman, Richt started Brown over Moreno and said things like Brown had played just as good as Moreno that year.

The good thing to takeaway here is there's obviously a mutual trust and respect with Richt and his players, which is the exact opposite of how it was under Golden.

Advertisement
Back