Richt promotes " three YES men, " with no legitimate EXPERIENCE!

I talked to my Miss st friend the other day and he said the Canes can do better than Manny Diaz. No big loss.

Advertisement
The bottomline is Rick wants compliant and obedient asst coaches who will never challenge him in a film room. He wants to be the smartest person in the room and regardless he still fails miserably.

Why did Rick bump heads with Jeremy Pruitt who we know is an arrogant chump but also a excellent DC? He succeeded with Saban because he delivered results. Rick wanted him to be a “good man” well often times this doesn’t cut it with successful football coaches.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...5/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt/75214044/

There's a thin line between "independent thinker" and cancer. I think Pruitt is an absolute scumbag and a cancer and will be exposed in Tennessee. That "genius" produced a 50th ranked D this year there.

I'm no apologist for this hire but "yes men" is a mischaracterization. Rick isn't involved on the D side of the ball so if these are "yes men" then their obsequiousness was to Manny. That said, college staffs are usually comprised of 99% of "yes men" to the head coach......the dude that 99% of the time hired them.

Were we expecting someone to come in on D that was going to be "independent" and fire off criticisms at the offense or something?

My concern is a guy like Jeremy Pruitt who is a proven winner as a DC hated Rick and Rick hated him. Sure Pruitt is an *ss and most good coaches are. Saban and Beleichick aren’t known for their nice guy persona.

It just appears Rick is a good ole boy who doesn’t like to rock the boat. Sometimes you have to change and adapt to win and he has shown no indication to do either up until now. I don’t think on either side of the ball Rick like his authority to be challenged. If he is challenged then we all don’t know what we are talking about. He said this to homer Rose on the radio.

Manny Diaz wasn’t happy with Rick in the end we saw it in his interview when he essentially called out the offense.

There's a thin line between "independent thinker" and cancer. I think Pruitt is an absolute scumbag and a cancer and will be exposed in Tennessee. That "genius" produced a 50th ranked D this year there.

Pruitt is a scumbag but a great DC. This was his first year so let’s see what happens in the next couple. BTW I defended Rick that first year during the 4 game losing streak when people were on him bc I thought it was way too early.

Now I am out of excuses for the man sorry..

Advertisement
ND was overrated AF last year.

Us having the number 2 total defense is not that impressive when you look at who we played. I guess you think Southern Miss has the best defensive staff in the nation because they have much better defensive stats than the U has.
ND had two o linemen selected in the top ten. They also had a TE get picked and had a solid back last year. That was a phenomenal defensive performance that night. To try and argue otherwise or minimize it is absurd. It had as much to do with scheme as it did talent too. Manny called a **** of a game that night.

Yeah the year that our defense took the National spotlight with the turnover chain and shutdown the #3 team on national prime time was a good year.
Yea man, that D really gave the team some relevence for the first time in a long time.

The problem everyone has is with the offense, which was bad in 2016, worse in 2017, and of course the absolute worst in 2018.

An argument in support of Mark Richt needs to address his offense.

Willie Martinez was an mitigated disaster at GA as DC and Rick was forced to fire him. It doesn’t matter time will tell but this looks like a total Rick panic job in a desperate attempt to save recruiting and be the authoritarian and totalitarian that he is.
Yea I thought of Martinez after that post... Richts Defenses have largely been at least good enough, so maybe that’s how I should’ve worded it.

But yea you’re right.

Go figure.:rolleyes:

Nope.

Richt promoted two guys who were set to leave to Temple with Manny Diaz, destroying coaching on the defensive side of the ball—which would've killed the recruiting class—while putting Miami into an end-of-year panic in effort to try and lure a quality DC from elsewhere.

This program has been lacking consistency for 15 years. Four head coaches between 2006 (Coker's final season) and 2015 (Richt's hiring)—a ten-year span. The only stable thing about the Canes right now was the defensive side of the ball, while the offense works to catch up.

Richt stopped the bleeding quickly with this move. Anything else, the defensive staff would've bled out and Miami's comeback would've been pushed back even further.

"Yes men" my ***. Banda is a stellar recruiter and an up-and-coming coach—as is Simpson. Patke is still a bit of an unknown, but Diaz thought enough of him to bring him to Temple—and Richt didn't want to lose him.

The co-defensive coordinator title keeps Banda and Patke from getting next-level coordinator money—while the promotion in title keeps Simpson happy.

Great move based on what too place with Manny's departure—and typical of some in this fan base to not get what's going on; reinventing reasons to **** and moan about Richt. What a joke.

Advertisement
Richt promotes three guys that were apart of the #2 defense.

But there were plenty of DB coaches and LB coaches from other schools that fans were salivating over.
It’s crazy how you get “dumb” responses when what u said is spot on 😂

Miami needed a PROVEN defensive coordinator. Even on the " cheap. "
Yes let get a retread, Schiano- boy that Ohio State defense, with all those 5 stars is really showing up, or lets get Van Gorder or Chavis or better yet Donofrio or Shannon----they did so well since leaving here, because no team has ever promoted a position coach to a coordinator position

Advertisement
Yes let get a retread, Schiano- boy that Ohio State defense, with all those 5 stars is really showing up, or lets get Van Gorder or Chavis or better yet Donofrio or Shannon----they did so well since leaving here, because no team has ever promoted a position coach to a coordinator position

Oh so we can only hire chitty retreads?

I guess that is why we hired Richt.

Advertisement
Nope.

Richt promoted two guys who were set to leave to Temple with Manny Diaz, destroying coaching on the defensive side of the ball—which would've killed the recruiting class—while putting Miami into an end-of-year panic in effort to try and lure a quality DC from elsewhere.

This program has been lacking consistency for 15 years. Four head coaches between 2006 (Coker's final season) and 2015 (Richt's hiring)—a ten-year span. The only stable thing about the Canes right now was the defensive side of the ball, while the offense works to catch up.

Richt stopped the bleeding quickly with this move. Anything else, the defensive staff would've bled out and Miami's comeback would've been pushed back even further.

"Yes men" my ***. Banda is a stellar recruiter and an up-and-coming coach—as is Simpson. Patke is still a bit of an unknown, but Diaz thought enough of him to bring him to Temple—and Richt didn't want to lose him.

The co-defensive coordinator title keeps Banda and Patke from getting next-level coordinator money—while the promotion in title keeps Simpson happy.

Great move based on what too place with Manny's departure—and typical of some in this fan base to not get what's going on; reinventing reasons to **** and moan about Richt. What a joke.
What a bunch of crap. Hiring a well known top knotch defensive coordinator would have, if anything, reinvigorated the recruiting effort, which has been lackluster this year from your so called ace recruiters. Promoting those schmucks did nothing to stop the bleeding. Now we’ve got a bunch of spring chickens as our defensive coordinator. Terrible job all around.

But was he proven? Because this board was almost in a riot based on how his defense performed at Texas

As I mentioned in another thread...Miami was looking at Dave Aranda...the board had thrown out Don Brown's name for the job. Manny was a step back from those guys, but he wasn't a bum. His defenses at Miss State were good, his one year at LaTech was a massive improvement. He wasn't a perfect candidate. But, he also had experience and worked under numerous coaches as his playcalling evolved over time.

His two disciples...very limited experience period.

Advertisement
Back