Richt promotes " three YES men, " with no legitimate EXPERIENCE!

Advertisement
But was he proven? Because this board was almost in a riot based on how his defense performed at Texas

Again, you're saying proven. Whether you think Diaz (before Miami) was bad or good or somewhere in between, he was an actual DC since 2006. So 2006-2015 (before Miami).

Now compare that to Banda/Patke.

Advertisement
Imagine Richts embarrassment when he realizes his mistake hiring three yes men, not wise men during the holiday season.

Again, you're saying proven. Whether you think Diaz (before Miami) was bad or good or somewhere in between, he was an actual DC since 2006. So 2006-2015 (before Miami).

Now compare that to Banda/Patke.

This is what happens when you jump into a conversation several comments down. I never made a comparison. The first poster said Miami needs a proven DC. I pointed out that Manny wasn’t proven when he got here.

Either way, Banda and Patke have both been with Manny. In this case both Manny and Richt trusted these guys know how to run this defense. Outside hires need resume builders, in house guys earn the job behind the scenes.

Advertisement
This is what happens when you jump into a conversation several comments down. I never made a comparison. The first poster said Miami needs a proven DC. I pointed out that Manny wasn’t proven when he got here.

And I already said the following...Whether you think Diaz (before Miami) was bad or good or somewhere in between, he was an actual DC since 2006. So 2006-2015 (before Miami).

So again, Diaz was a DC for ~10 years before Miami. He was "proven". Like I said, you can think he was bad or good or somewhere in between but he was "proven".

You can't compare the tenure of Diaz (before Miami) to Banda/Patke because neither have ANY experience and neither are "proven". It is kind a joke to even compare them.

So again, what do you consider Patke and Banda? I think it starts with the word "unqualified" and then throw in a "risky".

Either way, Banda and Patke have both been with Manny. In this case both Manny and Richt trusted these guys know how to run this defense.

A few things:

1. Richt has NOTHING to do with that defense and the defense is losing the brain that runs it.
2. Just because someone works under someone doesn't mean they're qualified to take over. It doesn't even mean they can handle running it.
3. We're replacing one DC with ~10 years of actual DC experience (before Miami). A guy that worked his way up from an inferior program (MTSU) and numerous stops after. Now we have two guys who have NEVER ran a defense.
4. Why does it matter who Richt trusts? He still employs his son. He still hasn't made any changes on offense. For some reason Richt failed to make any obvious changes in 2017. Why does he get the benefit of the doubt? I believe this should be earned.

Outside hires need resume builders, in house guys earn the job behind the scenes.

So what are your thoughts on Jon Richt?

As I mentioned in another thread...Miami was looking at Dave Aranda...the board had thrown out Don Brown's name for the job. Manny was a step back from those guys, but he wasn't a bum. His defenses at Miss State were good, his one year at LaTech was a massive improvement. He wasn't a perfect candidate. But, he also had experience and worked under numerous coaches as his playcalling evolved over time.

His two disciples...very limited experience period.

I wouldnt mind seeing UM look at aranda for HC

Advertisement
Back