Richt Postgame

you sound more desperate than he does....real talk
The likelihood is a losing record in year 3 and an incoming class outside the top 25. He’s preached all along next year is when we’d have the depth and talent to compete for championships. That isn’t going to happen. How does anyone rationalize him continuing as the HC at UM?
I personally feel that year 3, this year, should be enough to be “back” for a UM coach with no sanctions. Richt will have had his 4th and there will be major holes unless miracles happen. Does anyone here really believe this years class will make us a 10 win team next season? That’s what we were promised in a nutshell.

Advertisement
Like it or not, the only way Richt is no longer on the sideline after this season is if he decides to go. Between winning the Coastal last year and donating $1M to the IPF, the BOT will let him have a mulligan for this year.

He has looked defeated the past few weeks. This week though he was on the defensive before even being positive. He has the look in his eye of someone losing his job. I think he’s going down faster than Golden. The BOT now is certainly more apt to do it. It’s hard to see him continuing at this point. I can’t come up with a way myself to justify it. So how can they do it?

I think you’re reaching, but after seeing it live, I get it.

I like the way you think but even if we go 5-7 I have a hard time imagining the BOT pulling the plug. To me they are gutless and soft in addition to being completely clueless until proven otherwise.

I think that we are at a point where Frenk, James and the BOT need to sit down and figure out if they truly want to do what it takes to make this football program the best it can be. If they conclude that they want a great football program then they need to take the necessary steps and the first would be to fire Flake Flames and hire a real AD. An AD who demands the best out of this football program and has the autonomy to do what is required. Next they need to get rid of Rix and his band of fairy yes men. Then they need to go out and hire a coach that wants to win big. A bright young innovator like Briles or an up and coming program builder like Matt Campbell.

This x1000!! This spineless admin and limp wristed bot ain’t doing ****. They shown us over and over they are incapable of making sound decisions regarding this program, whether it be hiring a head coach or premature extensions. They are clueless and weak. I’m done giving to this University, I paid a fortune in tuition bit always liked to support the football program because it brought me joy. No more, I’m done, until I see some results.

Advertisement
Only way he's not on the sidelines next year is if he resigns. We need major changes on offense. New OC, QB coach, RB coach, O line coach and speacial teams coach to start. If Richt refuses to make changes than his transformation in Folden 2.0 will be complete.

Only way he's not on the sidelines next year is if he resigns. We need major changes on offense. New OC, QB coach, RB coach, O line coach and speacial teams coach to start. If Richt refuses to make changes than his transformation in Folden 2.0 will be complete.
While Richt is head coach, that offense overhaul is not going to happen.

My dad use to tell me, want in one hand and shxt in the other. See which one fills up first.

Advertisement
While Richt is head coach, that offense overhaul is not going to happen.

My dad use to tell me, want in one hand and shxt in the other. See which one fills up first.

Believe me I don't expect it to happen. That's what would happen in an ideal world. Actually in an ideal world Richt resigns or is let go. Only way to kill a snake is to cut off the head.

It's about politics,, the BOT & AD wanted him.
A firing in year 3, they wear the Horns.
Not to hold my breath, maybe a forced resignation behind the curtains..

I think he wants to be fired and does not want to step down. I bet he could care less about the million dollar investment.
I think he will be gone as soon as Pitt. puts us down for good.

He’s not retiring, or getting fired but I’m sure he wishes he had retired or at a minimum had taken a couple years off. He just got the IPF done, he’s not going anywhere.

Advertisement
5 (6) NCs without an IPF....And there's people who are using that as an excuse/pass for this Level of Pure Stupidity....

I think he looks more like a guy ready to walk away than a guy worried about being fired.
This is our best hope right now. Zero chance he is going anywhere unless it’s his decision. And if he does stay, I suspect there is little chance that he makes any significant changes. He took this job because he missed calling plays. I don’t see him giving that up unless someone forces his hand, and I can’t imagine Blake James doing that.

Advertisement
I agree. Admin ain’t firing him - consensus is that AD and BOT office genuinely hold him in high regard. I think richt’s internal worry is thinking he’s no longer a good fit for this game

But as soon as he begins to worry, his wife and son will act as vessels for God, and remind him that God wants him to take the $4M and remain the HC because of all the south Florida souls he can save and all “good” in the world he could do with it.

Richts going nowhere, playa. I bet he’s in church right now staring at his bank account on his phone, and screams hallelujah, while asking the church to say “amen” and praise the lord

Advertisement
Back