Richt Postgame

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
He has looked defeated the past few weeks. This week though he was on the defensive before even being positive. He has the look in his eye of someone losing his job. I think he’s going down faster than Golden. The BOT now is certainly more apt to do it. It’s hard to see him continuing at this point. I can’t come up with a way myself to justify it. So how can they do it?

Advertisement
He donated 1 million dollars to the IPF... that’s why he’s safe.

Yeah, I thought of that the other night while attending the basketball game against Lehigh. I looked at that structure and said to myself...there's Richt's immunity

Mark richt will keep this job going 6-6 for the next three years if this fan base continues to make the football program a revenue generating sport.

You are personally responsible if you have not shut off every source of financial support between yourself and this school.

This is a business. If you are not speaking with your wallet you are nothing but a ***gy hypocrit.

because Malik Rosier has been his best QB for 2/3 of the time he's been here. They also remember []__[] were #2 in the country last season and playoff bound before Malik quit at Pitt. Cooler heads also realize we've become victims of our own success.

Advertisement
because Malik Rosier has been his best QB for 2/3 of the time he's been here. They also remember []__[] were #2 in the country last season and playoff bound before Malik quit at Pitt. Cooler heads also realize we've become victims of our own success.
I like the way you think but even if we go 5-7 I have a hard time imagining the BOT pulling the plug. To me they are gutless and soft in addition to being completely clueless until proven otherwise.

I think that we are at a point where Frenk, James and the BOT need to sit down and figure out if they truly want to do what it takes to make this football program the best it can be. If they conclude that they want a great football program then they need to take the necessary steps and the first would be to fire Flake Flames and hire a real AD. An AD who demands the best out of this football program and has the autonomy to do what is required. Next they need to get rid of Rix and his band of fairy yes men. Then they need to go out and hire a coach that wants to win big. A bright young innovator like Briles or an up and coming program builder like Matt Campbell.

Had a dream he stepped up to the mic and resigned. Makes the reality so much worse

Advertisement
He has looked defeated the past few weeks. This week though he was on the defensive before even being positive. He has the look in his eye of someone losing his job. I think he’s going down faster than Golden. The BOT now is certainly more apt to do it. It’s hard to see him continuing at this point. I can’t come up with a way myself to justify it. So how can they do it?

you sound more desperate than he does....real talk

I think he looks more like a guy ready to walk away than a guy worried about being fired.

This has to be it. Because the horrific play calling and mistakes he's made over the past few weeks are just mind numbing otherwise. Calling a timeout after a GT player steps out of bounds? I just can't any more.

This has to be it. Because the horrific play calling and mistakes he's made over the past few weeks are just mind numbing otherwise. Calling a timeout after a GT player steps out of bounds? I just can't any more.

I agree. Admin ain’t firing him - consensus is that AD and BOT office genuinely hold him in high regard. I think richt’s internal worry is thinking he’s no longer a good fit for this game

I agree. Admin ain’t firing him - consensus is that AD and BOT office genuinely hold him in high regard. I think richt’s internal worry is thinking he’s no longer a good fit for this game

Let's hope he has that much self awareness.

Advertisement
Nah the wheels have fallen off.

Advertisement
Mark richt will keep this job going 6-6 for the next three years if this fan base continues to make the football program a revenue generating sport.

You are personally responsible if you have not shut off every source of financial support between yourself and this school.

This is a business. If you are not speaking with your wallet you are nothing but a ***gy hypocrit.

At least one other person understands

Advertisement
Back