Richt Post Game comment

I hope he has the wherewithal and hubris to self evaluate. We do need some better players but that isn't the whole story.

Advertisement
Playing 11 straight weeks without our three best offensive players, you can't really be that surprised by the result.
If Rosier doesn't under throw the long ball with a wide open Thomas and if he doesn't get mugged trying to make the catch, then we have a better showing IMO, the snowball began at that point.

Miami has good enough players to put up a respectable showing against Clemson

Miami has good enough players to not get pushed around by Pitt

Miami has good enough players to comfortably beat mediocre teams

I love the end result of this season. The 10-2 record and NYD bowl is a definite progress but there are other issues besides talent. Just getting better players didn't work for him at Georgia.

What are you taking about bro? We have 72 scholarship players every other team has 85. That means our team has 13 guys as good as me or you in depth positions on this team(and that is assuming all 72 scholarship players are good which they clearly are not golden had some bad takes during his reign). When we started the season our depth wasn’t great and as the season progressed and no bye week caught up to us.

We lost to Pitt because of the punter and rosier. We were clearly the better team we had wide open receivers by 3-7 yards of separation being missed with consistency and our **** punter gave them field position.

Clemson was clearly the better team but if rosier and the punter/kicker would have shown up it would have been respectable game. Our depth finally showed at receiver and tight end. Without herdon or Richards we had no playmakers and the 5th year seniors who don’t play showed why they are fifth year seniors who don’t play. Freshman played poorly it was a recipe for disaster. Imo our defense played great you can only stop a team so many times before you break and they kept fighting with injuries, no depth, and no field position.

We shouldnt get blown out the way we did

were missing talent dont get me wrong but we have alot of kids playing in the NFL soon enough

how many of our seniors and juniors will make an impact in nfl? seriously.

Just like the last ten yrs. and guys will point to a bunch of guys making rosters, or playing because of five injuries in front of them and use it an an indicator of the previous or current regimes inability to coach. Outside of a few guys in the last five or six years, who is legitimately making a difference in the league? This Clemson team has a few that will be legit difference makers.

I would love for Richt to hire an innovative offensive mind to help him with playcalling, but if he doesn't, then I think he deserves a season or two with his own quarterback at the helm. If nothing changes still, it could be time for him to hang up calling plays, but we have to wait and see.

If Richt doesn't hire a decent OC and ST coach... we will underachieve.. hopefully his ego doesn't get in the way. Hire a young OC like Dorsey, if he is so insecure about not having his way with the Offense..

You cannot be the captain of the ship and the engineer running the engine room ... not in a big operation
You lose the big picture decision making needed to manage the game when you are too busy thinking of the next play to be called...

What the **** has Dorsey proved to be hired as a play caller over Mark Richt?

Telling Cam Newton he's **** every week doesn't prepare him to call plays in college.

Advertisement

I love the end result of this season. The 10-2 record and NYD bowl is a definite progress but there are other issues besides talent. Just getting better players didn't work for him at Georgia.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

Had to beat Alabama and not that many teams have beat Alabama

Saban has been at Bama since 2006. Richt is 1-3 against Bama between 2006-15. He coached against them 4 times over those 10 seasons. How about those others 6 seasons?

I would love for Richt to hire an innovative offensive mind to help him with playcalling, but if he doesn't, then I think he deserves a season or two with his own quarterback at the helm. If nothing changes still, it could be time for him to hang up calling plays, but we have to wait and see.

If Richt doesn't hire a decent OC and ST coach... we will underachieve.. hopefully his ego doesn't get in the way. Hire a young OC like Dorsey, if he is so insecure about not having his way with the Offense..

You cannot be the captain of the ship and the engineer running the engine room ... not in a big operation
You lose the big picture decision making needed to manage the game when you are too busy thinking of the next play to be called...

What the **** has Dorsey proved to be hired as a play caller over Mark Richt?

Telling Cam Newton he's **** every week doesn't prepare him to call plays in college.

Richt has to be big picture and let a young OC call in-game plays. That way he can make play changes when needed and not have to worry about calling every play. That is needed to adjust to what the other DCs are throwing at you.

You cannot be the local store manager and the CEO effectively at the same time.....

I think the coaching staff has performed miracles to win 10 games with this roster.

Advertisement
Playing 11 straight weeks without our three best offensive players, you can't really be that surprised by the result.
If Rosier doesn't under throw the long ball with a wide open Thomas and if he doesn't get mugged trying to make the catch, then we have a better showing IMO, the snowball began at that point.

Is that why we came out flat and unmotivated?

Is that why we lost to Pitt (because Herndon and Richards played in that game, at least part of it)?

Is this why we struggled against teams that didn't make bowl games (Pitt, Cuse, UNC and GT)?

During ACC play, is that why are team scored less points and gained less yards than in 2016?

I think the coaching staff has performed miracles to win 10 games with this roster.

I think the defense greatly improved and the offense regressed. Here is how we performed during our ACC regular season schedule in 2016 v. 2017.

2016 (averages): Defense

Points Allowed: 21.75 (This includes the 7 points on the STs TD against Pitt, the 100 Yard Return) [Actual Points Allowed is 20.875]
Yards Allowed: 397.75
Turnovers: 1.5
Sacks: 2.5
Tackles for Loss: 6.75

2016 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 29.38 (This includes the 14 points the D scored against GT, 2 Fumble TDs) [Actual Points Scored is 27.625]
Yards Gained: 394.13
Turnovers: .63
Sacks: 2
Tackles for Loss: 5.5

2017 (averages): Defense

Points Allowed: 18.75 (This includes the 7 points on the STs onside kick flop against GT) [Actual Points Allowed is 17.875]
Yards Allowed: 368.25
Turnovers: 2.75
Sacks: 3.75
Tackles for Loss: 8.75

2017 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 27.125 (This includes the 7 points the D scored against UVA, Johnson Pick 6) [Actual Points Scored is 26.25]
Yards Gained: 392.625
Turnovers: 1.25
Sacks: 2.375
Tackles for Loss: 5.375

Is that why we lost to Pitt (because Herndon and Richards played in that game, at least part of it)?

Is this why we struggled against teams that didn't make bowl games (Pitt, Cuse, UNC and GT)?

During ACC play, is that why are team scored less points and gained less yards than in 2016?

I don't disagree with any of that and there are clearly issues that need to be resolved, but I'm not going to discount the whole season and the progress that was made just because we lost a game to an obviously much better team that everyone and their brother said was going to beat us.

I also don't think we were flat or unmotivated, sometimes you're just not as good. The sting of getting our asses kicked the last two weeks will take a while to wear off, but I anticipate a much better team to take the field for the OB. A win there and an 11-2 finish and I'm good.

Advertisement

Malik Rosier was our starting qb answers every question you asked. He was winning(really our defense was gift wrapping field position)so we couldn’t take him out but his inaccuracies caught up with him and cost us the last two games. Richt saw it coming and tried to warn us we just played really well vs vt and Notre Dame so everyone forgot how bad he was. Just interested I’m sure we gave up a lot less points in acc play as well? We also didn’t make the championship game last year so one more game especially a 38 point beat down probably skews those numbers.

I don't disagree with any of that and there are clearly issues that need to be resolved, but I'm not going to discount the whole season and the progress that was made just because we lost a game to an obviously much better team that everyone and their brother said was going to beat us.

I also don't think we were flat or unmotivated, sometimes you're just not as good.
The sting of getting our asses kicked the last two weeks will take a while to wear off, but I anticipate a much better team to take the field for the OB. A win there and an 11-2 finish and I'm good.

Were we not as good against Pitt? Or again were we flat and unmotivated. Our offense has looked bad and regressed from last season. Our defense improved.

I am not discounting the season, I am saying there are obvious and real issues that need to get fixed.

Did everyone and their brother say we would get raped and not put up a fight?

Malik Rosier was our starting qb answers every question you asked. He was winning(really our defense was gift wrapping field position)so we couldn’t take him out but his inaccuracies caught up with him and cost us the last two games. Richt saw it coming and tried to warn us we just played really well vs vt and Notre Dame so everyone forgot how bad he was. Just interested I’m sure we gave up a lot less points in acc play as well? We also didn’t make the championship game last year so one more game especially a 38 point beat down probably skews those numbers.

Got it. Our offense regressed from last year because of Malik and only Malik.

Brad Kaaya 13 Games in 2016: 3532 Passing Yards, 62% Completion %, 27 TDs and 7 INTs, 1 Rushing TD

Malik Rosier 12 Games in 2017: 2917 Passing Yards, 55% Completion $, 25 TDs and 11 INTs, 427 Rushing Yards and 5 Rushing TDs

- Our offense scored more TDs with Malik (30 v. 28, keep in mind Malik has another game)
- Our offensive production via our QB has 200 yards less. Keep in mind Kaaya's stats are through 13 games and Malik's are through 12.

I am not a big fan of Malik. I am not a fan of this offense. There are real and obvious issues throughout the whole offense.

Advertisement
Recruiting and development. Clemson #31 Ryan Carter according to Dabo in his post game presser was a one star recruit. Dude played like a five star last night.

Yep, we had only three very good players on offense. All three are out and this is what you get. I can’t blame Richt we just need more horses. The freshman WR’s everybody was excited about didn’t do **** this year. We need an offensive overhaul top to bottom.

We need more players. How hard is it to understand that simple concept? We basically played with ONE RB, ONE WR, NO TE and a QB that had played all season above expectations. So when CMR says we need more players he is spot on. We get a nice influx of quality players next year. Two more recruiting classes and we should be ready.

If not for Irma it would have been 11.

Advertisement
Back