Richt Post Game comment

you can win by default at UM. if you lock down south florida, you dont even need to have saban/urban meyer. Butch was a great gameday coach and got it to the point we shuld have had 3 rings in a row (robbed of 2 in 2000 and 2002) Look at how schools outside florida like clemson, ohio state, bama, etc benefited from us being down

Advertisement
We shouldnt get blown out the way we did

were missing talent dont get me wrong but we have alot of kids playing in the NFL soon enough

Missing best rb, best wr and best te - those are the only experienced guys from the o that play on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more excuses!!!!!

It's not an excuse if there is a huge drop off in talent. A kid like Richards is a difference maker. Against an elite team like Clemson, you don't replace him with possession receivers like Langham, Harris or Cager. You bring in kids like Mark Pope and Brian Hightower. The drop off between Herndon and Irvin is significant. You bring in elite talent like Jordan and Mallory.

Skilled positions get fixed with the 2018 class if it holds. Williams commits at quarterback then you now have two elite quarterback prospects. Miami's deficiencies on the offensive line are at guard and we got two very good kids coming in. You want to pound the ball at times. You are bringing in an elite full back prospect.

The secondary gets significantly better because we are bringing in elite corners and safeties who can run. A couple of these kids can play hybrid linebacker/safety in a 4-2-5 and we can hopefully be more creativity with our coverages.

We need a couple of defensive tackles.

you can win by default at UM. if you lock down south florida, you dont even need to have saban/urban meyer. Butch was a great gameday coach and got it to the point we shuld have had 3 rings in a row (robbed of 2 in 2000 and 2002) Look at how schools outside florida like clemson, ohio state, bama, etc benefited from us being down

agree

you see how slow alot of our dbs looked? Cager, Dayal, and Langham looked like they had cement shoes compared to clemson wrs.

One of Richt's first complaints when he got here was the lack of Miami speed. The skid mark that was here before Richt tried to turn us into a power football team.

This is soooo true.

2015 Cane team was the slowest team we've had in 30 years. Richt is getting the speed back but we need another cycle or two.

agree

i meant wasnt a great gameday coach but you understood.

Advertisement
Dont need excuses. This guy lost big games a million times in his career. This aint no different.

Let me guess. You had a MUCH better candidate for head coach. Please share. I'm sure the board would LOVE to hear who you would have hired instead of Mark Richt.

Tough game. Undermanned at the offensive skill positions with a limited QB who has basically been a gamer all year but doesn’t have the requisite skill set needed to be dominant. Factor that in with a team with no experience playing in any big games, limited depth, and breaks that just didn’t go our way tonight, and you have a recipe for a blowout against a team that has very little weaknesses.

We need to keep stacking classes, great player upon great player, and focus on building great Olines and Dlines.

We’d be very fortunate if we could get back our juniors, especially on defense.

Wush, you're one of my favorite posters going back to the grassy days. I agree we need to "stack classes" but wouldn't it be nice if (as a fan) we could at least COMPETE in games like this; and through scheming put ourselves in a position to win games. It's like we NEVER have the schematic advantage VS. equal/more talented teams. Never mind it seems lesser teams CONTINUALLY have the schematic advantage vs. us?

I'm not naive enough to think that we have a roster chalked full of 2 deep NFL draft picks. We do have depth issues, however, we have PLENTY of NFL talent on this roster (as future NFL rosters will prove as they have over the past 15 years).

I like Richt and appreciate that he's more "engaged" as a head coach heavily involved in the offensive gameplanning/calling/scheming. An engaged Richt is good for the program I feel. I do concede that he is AT BEST an average offensive mind.

I like Diaz as well, however, IMO he's been out "game planned" in almost every game this year. What I mean by that, is it ALWAYS seems like he's a step behind to start the game and is forced to scratch and claw our way back into it. He makes good adjustments but his pre-game planning is atrocious imo.

What's the answer? I have no idea.

It would be great to compete for National Championships EVERY year, not just when our roster is 2 deep with NFL talent.

We've had a good year but I don't think there is any GUARANTEE that this staff has what it takes to get us over the hump.

What more could be done with Malik? At a certain point the players have to be able make a play. All the of motion and misdirection doesn't mean anything if the QB can't hit the open man.

I look at this arguement from the other side of the coin. If I'm Mark Richt and I watch the all 22. And I see WRs running open and either the QB not making the throw, QB missing the read or Oline missing a block or getting beat immediately off the snap. Why do I need to change it up?

Our big problem this year was at QB and depth.
As the season neared the end, this team was wearing down.
Next we started to lose some of our best players with no quality to replace them.
Finally, we played a QB who couldn't hit an open receiver if that receiver was spiderman.

Blaming the poor offense on Richt's play calling is Total Ignorance. Not only does our QB not hit his receivers when they're open, He throws into Coverage when there are other receivers wide open. When you're QB Cannot consistently complete simple passes, Teams will play the run first and shut that part of the games down.

This team reminds me if the 1999 Canes. They showed flashes but were very inconsistent with an erratic QB
Two great recruiting classes later plus the young guys gaining experience, well you know the end result.

Last edited:
Next we started to lose some of our best players with no quality to replace them.
Finally, we played a QB who couldn't hit an open receiver if that receiver was spiderman.

Blaming the poor offense on Richt's play calling is Total Ignorance. Not only does our QB not hit his receivers when they're open, He throws into Coverage when there are other receivers wide open. When you're QB Cannot consistently complete simple passes, Teams will play the run first and shut that part of the games down.

This team reminds me if the 1999 Canes. They showed flashes but were very inconsistent with an erratic QB
Two great recruiting classes later plus the young guys gaining experience, well you know the end result.

rosier is kenny kelly. all we need is ken dorsey to get the playmakers the ball.

Advertisement
Yes, we need more talent. But we also need to play better on the road. Losing to a true freshman first game (mid season) starter at Pittsburgh is inexcusable, and downright embarrassing.

Not being able to move on from that loss is not a talent issue.

Yeah! Coach Mark Richt was absolutely OUT COACHED against lowly Pittsburgh! No ifs, buts or I'm a HERETIC and what not. hUh.

agree
[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] the problem with this fanbase is they are in denial. I see people ripping a player like pat bethel and then turn around and act like Cager is the love child of Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. Clemson had so much more speed than us it was unreal. You cant run a great offense with a qb like rosier, one te, one rb, soft upperclassmen on the OL, and cager, langham, and dayall in your rotation.

Fans now want to attack Manny. Manny's defense is made for miami. problem is he secondary is not that good. Malek Young has regressed which manny warned about because of lack of competition. Bandy, Smith, and Amari actually looked like elite athletes, but they are raw. we need depth. Redwine plays hard but hes not that fast. Dee Delany is not that fast. One and done 1st round draft pick Javonte Dean is fast but cant get on the field. Richt gave us our best season in 15 years. I was a butch guy but this guy has completely changed the program if you watch the video i posted earlier, its clear of our 73 scholarship players, he knows there are a handful that dont belong there.

agree
[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] the problem with this fanbase is they are in denial. I see people ripping a player like pat bethel and then turn around and act like Cager is the love child of Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. Clemson had so much more speed than us it was unreal. You cant run a great offense with a qb like rosier, one te, one rb, soft upperclassmen on the OL, and cager, langham, and dayall in your rotation.

Fans now want to attack Manny. Manny's defense is made for miami. problem is he secondary is not that good. Malek Young has regressed which manny warned about because of lack of competition. Bandy, Smith, and Amari actually looked like elite athletes, but they are raw. we need depth. Redwine plays hard but hes not that fast. Dee Delany is not that fast. One and done 1st round draft pick Javonte Dean is fast but cant get on the field. Richt gave us our best season in 15 years. I was a butch guy but this guy has completely changed the program if you watch the video i posted earlier, its clear of our 73 scholarship players, he knows there are a handful that dont belong there.

AGree fans are delusional especially those wrs u mentioned they are guy Mark would not have offered......did they make some plays yea and thank god for Langham but the truth is the truth. This 18 class is our first real elite class in forever

agree

AGree fans are delusional especially those wrs u mentioned they are guy Mark would not have offered......did they make some plays yea and thank god for Langham but the truth is the truth. This 18 class is our first real elite class in forever

we get more threads on this board about cager than anyone and dude has 12 catches (3 against Bethune) all year. 18 is the class that will give us a real 2 deep, 19 is when it because reloading instead of rebuilding.

Advertisement

were missing talent dont get me wrong but we have alot of kids playing in the NFL soon enough

Missing best rb, best wr and best te - those are the only experienced guys from the o that play on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more excuses!!!!!

It's not an excuse if there is a huge drop off in talent. A kid like Richards is a difference maker. Against an elite team like Clemson, you don't replace him with possession receivers like Langham, Harris or Cager. You bring in kids like Mark Pope and Brian Hightower. The drop off between Herndon and Irvin is significant. You bring in elite talent like Jordan and Mallory.

Skilled positions get fixed with the 2018 class if it holds. Williams commits at quarterback then you now have two elite quarterback prospects. Miami's deficiencies on the offensive line are at guard and we got two very good kids coming in. You want to pound the ball at times. You are bringing in an elite full back prospect.

The secondary gets significantly better because we are bringing in elite corners and safeties who can run. A couple of these kids can play hybrid linebacker/safety in a 4-2-5 and we can hopefully be more creativity with our coverages.

We need a couple of defensive tackles.

Thomas was running wild all night...

Rosier couldnt hit the broad side of a barn so we were doomed before we left to Charlotte

Spot on..it all changed with Dorsey took over the young guys gained some experience. Talent is starting to build, look at how many true freshman and sophomores played this year, we will be scary in 2 years if Richt just keeps bringin in the talent

I would love for Richt to hire an innovative offensive mind to help him with playcalling, but if he doesn't, then I think he deserves a season or two with his own quarterback at the helm. If nothing changes still, it could be time for him to hang up calling plays, but we have to wait and see.

AWFUL OL and AWFUL QB. But its on him to change this for 2018.

Advertisement

Unfortunately 3 weren't playing in this game on offense, and the player with the most important position won't be playing in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back