Richt Post Game comment

Umbra said: View Post
I agree with this, but at the same time, Wisconsin has 6 4 or 5 * recruits to Miami's 36 and Alabama's 69. Wisconsin played a highly competitive game against OSU.

They always have one of the top offense lines every year. Our OL needs a lot more depth.
Miami has 25 according to an ESPN graphic a few days ago

Georgia had like 45-50

Advertisement
I don't disagree with any of that and there are clearly issues that need to be resolved, but I'm not going to discount the whole season and the progress that was made just because we lost a game to an obviously much better team that everyone and their brother said was going to beat us.

I also don't think we were flat or unmotivated, sometimes you're just not as good.
The sting of getting our asses kicked the last two weeks will take a while to wear off, but I anticipate a much better team to take the field for the OB. A win there and an 11-2 finish and I'm good.

Were we not as good against Pitt? Or again were we flat and unmotivated. Our offense has looked bad and regressed from last season. Our defense improved.

I am not discounting the season, I am saying there are obvious and real issues that need to get fixed.

Did everyone and their brother say we would get raped and not put up a fight?

As another poster pointed out, the QB is inaccurate and the OL is inconsistent. This exponentially increases the chance of failure against any team, at any snap. To say this team did not put up a fight is very unfair. The offense left 3-14 points on the field in the first quarter because of the kicker and an inaccurate QB and an inconsistent OL.

It, also, didn't help that Miami came out CONSERVATIVE on both offense and defense! hUh. Case in point. An OVER LOOKED Miami team came out ' kicking, swinging and hollering ' against mighty Nebraska in the 1984 national championship game. hUh. In other words, that mighty Nebraska team was caught off guard, and playing CATCH UP till late in the fourth quarter.

I dont think our overall talent level is where it should be based on just our geographic location.

However, I also think excuses are for the Gators.

when he got here, he is so many words tried to say are roster was not that good. remember his "wheres the miami speed?" comment.

And you believed em'?...LOL

We had a freak in Njoku...speed with Coley & Richards...depth at RB.

And during the 4 game losing streak, His RB coach had the nerve to ***** & gripe about lack of depth at RB or some $h!t, but this year our starter goes down and we have to make a 200# RB the workhorse.

We could've gone 10-1 last year if Richt was as accountable as He was this year.

he didnt have richards when he got here. Yearby, gus,a nd even walton are not considered fast at all.

I don't disagree with any of that and there are clearly issues that need to be resolved, but I'm not going to discount the whole season and the progress that was made just because we lost a game to an obviously much better team that everyone and their brother said was going to beat us.

I also don't think we were flat or unmotivated, sometimes you're just not as good.
The sting of getting our asses kicked the last two weeks will take a while to wear off, but I anticipate a much better team to take the field for the OB. A win there and an 11-2 finish and I'm good.

Were we not as good against Pitt? Or again were we flat and unmotivated. Our offense has looked bad and regressed from last season. Our defense improved.

I am not discounting the season, I am saying there are obvious and real issues that need to get fixed.

Did everyone and their brother say we would get raped and not put up a fight?

As another poster pointed out, the QB is inaccurate and the OL is inconsistent. This exponentially increases the chance of failure against any team, at any snap. To say this team did not put up a fight is very unfair. The offense left 3-14 points on the field in the first quarter because of the kicker and an inaccurate QB and an inconsistent OL.

It, also, didn't help that Miami came out CONSERVATIVE on both offense and defense! hUh. Case in point. An OVER LOOKED Miami team came out ' kicking, swinging and hollering ' against mighty Nebraska in the 1984 national championship game. hUh. In other words, that mighty Nebraska team was caught off guard, and playing CATCH UP till late in the fourth quarter.

Second play of the game Malik rolls out and completely misses a wide open 75 yard TD.

Real conservative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He told us earlier in the year "that we aren't there yet."

He basically begged cane fans to temper our expectations. But we rarely listen (well some of us do).

Agree. Also keep in mind, we only have about 74 scholarships.

and how many of those 74 dont even contribute?

Well probably 10 redshirts, 5+ out for season injuries, 3-4 more injuries durring the game, and 10 just space holders you are looking at 30ish that just take room. We effectivly play 40 players a game.

you see how slow alot of our dbs looked? Cager, Dayal, and Langham looked like they had cement shoes compared to clemson wrs.

One of Richt's first complaints when he got here was the lack of Miami speed. The skid mark that was here before Richt tried to turn us into a power football team.

The problem with the D is they’re tired. Having to cover for the Offense all season has finally caught up.

We shouldnt get blown out the way we did

were missing talent dont get me wrong but we have alot of kids playing in the NFL soon enough

Tough game. Undermanned at the offensive skill positions with a limited QB who has basically been a gamer all year but doesn’t have the requisite skill set needed to be dominant. Factor that in with a team with no experience playing in any big games, limited depth, and breaks that just didn’t go our way tonight, and you have a recipe for a blowout against a team that has very little weaknesses.

We need to keep stacking classes, great player upon great player, and focus on building great Olines and Dlines.

We’d be very fortunate if we could get back our juniors, especially on defense.

Wush, you're one of my favorite posters going back to the grassy days. I agree we need to "stack classes" but wouldn't it be nice if (as a fan) we could at least COMPETE in games like this; and through scheming put ourselves in a position to win games. It's like we NEVER have the schematic advantage VS. equal/more talented teams. Never mind it seems lesser teams CONTINUALLY have the schematic advantage vs. us?

I'm not naive enough to think that we have a roster chalked full of 2 deep NFL draft picks. We do have depth issues, however, we have PLENTY of NFL talent on this roster (as future NFL rosters will prove as they have over the past 15 years).

I like Richt and appreciate that he's more "engaged" as a head coach heavily involved in the offensive gameplanning/calling/scheming. An engaged Richt is good for the program I feel. I do concede that he is AT BEST an average offensive mind.

I like Diaz as well, however, IMO he's been out "game planned" in almost every game this year. What I mean by that, is it ALWAYS seems like he's a step behind to start the game and is forced to scratch and claw our way back into it. He makes good adjustments but his pre-game planning is atrocious imo.

What's the answer? I have no idea.

It would be great to compete for National Championships EVERY year, not just when our roster is 2 deep with NFL talent.

We've had a good year but I don't think there is any GUARANTEE that this staff has what it takes to get us over the hump.

Thx man. I agree with you 100%. Richt and Diaz will need great players/ athletes to execute their schemes well. I don’t think they’ll just beat the other coaches in a chess game of Xs and Os. That being said, Clemson wasn’t pulling a Scott Frost-ian act out there either.

Dabo has been consistent in creating a culture of excellence. It took him 4-5 years to set the foundation upon which he’s now created this juggernaut. Where he’s been fortunate is that he had continuity with many of his coaches during this period of growth. I think that really helps. The constant turnover isn’t always helpful either. I’m hoping that we can keep Kul/ Diaz for a long time.

Richt is who he is. Curious to see what happens when he has a legit QB leading the team. Will he be able to open up the playbook? Do more? Run the fast-break offense he had at FSU with Ward/ Weinke and early on in his Georgia years before he gave up the reins of the offense? Does that offense still even work? I have no idea.

Richt has been in the game long enough to understand his limitations. If he isn’t cutting it, I hope he has the wherewithal to hire an OC.

Imagine pairing up a Frost-ian offense with a the kind of D we can have?!

Advertisement
Yes, we need more talent. But we also need to play better on the road. Losing to a true freshman first game (mid season) starter at Pittsburgh is inexcusable, and downright embarrassing.

Not being able to move on from that loss is not a talent issue.

We all knew we weren't there yet coming into the season. We are at what 75 scholarship players, with some of them being dead wood. This class this season is going to help a lot. Not to mention a very high % of the players in Richt's first 2 classes are in the 2 deep. We need OL and DBs..... If someone told any of you that we'd be 10-2 and playing in the Orange Bowl at the beginning of the year, you wouldn't take it?

We all knew we weren't there yet coming into the season. We are at what 75 scholarship players, with some of them being dead wood. This class this season is going to help a lot. Not to mention a very high % of the players in Richt's first 2 classes are in the 2 deep. We need OL and DBs..... If someone told any of you that we'd be 10-2 and playing in the Orange Bowl at the beginning of the year, you wouldn't take it?

Wr's too.

Advertisement
We shouldnt get blown out the way we did

were missing talent dont get me wrong but we have alot of kids playing in the NFL soon enough

how many of our seniors and juniors will make an impact in nfl? seriously.

bang I keep sayingthis to people, we arent there yet in terms of a stupid loaded roster like those upper tier teams. And Im glad that the HC sees this because the previous staffs use to seel the fans garbage and only some fans knew the truth

UGA fans... SMH... I don't know mane, I feel like sometimes you have to listen to a fan base that knows their coach...

Tough game. Undermanned at the offensive skill positions with a limited QB who has basically been a gamer all year but doesn’t have the requisite skill set needed to be dominant. Factor that in with a team with no experience playing in any big games, limited depth, and breaks that just didn’t go our way tonight, and you have a recipe for a blowout against a team that has very little weaknesses.

We need to keep stacking classes, great player upon great player, and focus on building great Olines and Dlines.

We’d be very fortunate if we could get back our juniors, especially on defense.

This is true. It Took Clemson several years before they became a force. We just have to realize it’s gonna take another couple of classes to get to where we want to be. Signing dominant offensive lines and defense lines will be the key

Advertisement
Back