Richt on WQAM

Advertisement
Reports that Perry was getting the 1st team reps this morning in practice.

Also great to have two vocal young leaders such as Harley and Deejay.

Richt talked about N’kosi and Cades maturity a lot. That’s the side of things we don’t see as fans. We rant about coaching, development, and preferences but we don’t see that guys just aren’t mature enough to lead a team yet. If they weren’t taking it seriously enough until a suspension happens then what could Richt do? He had to keep rolling with Rosier until they got ready.

Maturity was the obvious reason why Malik held on to the job as long as he did. Mark didn’t trust Perry or Weldon.

No other reason makes sense , Perry is more accurate , more touch , stronger arm and a better athlete.

I actually had concerns one or both would eventually get the boot. I’d almost given up on Perry especially with the gossip on him the last year. Which would’ve been such a waste , dude is so physically gifted, the arm talent is elite.

lol at 'seeing practice this week.' I'll take what I saw in the game Saturday over this weeks practice. Everybody but everybody knows who needs to be the starter from here on out.

Advertisement
Do you like the "touch" he has on the swing passes/dink and dunk stuff? Not a big fan for two reasons: (1) gives him confidence he can always fit the ball in there when the receiver is really going to be covered, and; (2) speed on those type passes will end with some popping up in the air ready to be picked. JUst needs to take a few mph off those touch throws IMO. Great for the intermediate and long throws.

Touch to Brevin was beautiful , perfect throw

Gaynor must be dealing with some sort of injury, redshirting him doesn't make a ton of sense.
He’s going to take over at C next year and he probably should have redshirted last year to get stronger. Mahoney could be the backup if need be this year. Remember Gaynor has 4 games to play and he’s played in 2 I think.

Richards could play the last 4 games of the season and then redshirt have more time to play with his brother

Advertisement
I think it’s one of the best examples of forward-thinking roster management we’ve seen in a while around here. Centers are hard to come by. For the juice we got last year, it was a wasted year for Gaynor. He wasn’t ready.

Currently, fingers crossed, we don’t have an injury situation forcing him into Center or Guard snaps. So why waste another year playing a few snaps when we can get a full extra year out of him in a unique position (Center)? Plus, considering he still may have a game or two left and be able to shirt under new rules, I’d save those free passes for later in the season. I think it’s a really excellent job by the coaches. Credit where it’s due.

Solid plan for sure. They must have buy in from Gaynor as well that he will play his 5th season here.

Maybe he should concern himself with getting off good punts before he tries getting too cute. At this point, I'd rather him just punt it through the endzone and give the opponent the ball at the 20 than see him shank it out of bounds and give the opponent the ball at the 42.

He is not really being cute. It helps create backspin so the ball bounces back rather than forward.

It is a Punter's technique that punters, at every level will do trying to get the ball inside the 20.

He is not really being cute. It helps create backspin so the ball bounces back rather than forward.

It is a Punter's technique that punters, at every level will do trying to get the ball inside the 20.
I understand that but what's the purpose of trying to get backspin when you punt the ball out of bounds at the 40?

Advertisement
Maybe is just me but I think the difference between an excellent coach and a very good coach is demanding and not accepting anything but perfection. I heard most of the Richt on the Radio today as well as the interview right after the game and he was pretty much upbeat happy with the results of his players. On the other hand, I also saw Saban's interview on ESPNU after Saturday's game and he was fuming that his team made some mistakes even though they won pretty convincingly, I think by the same margin and arguably against a better opponent.

I'm not part of the BBB group and I believe that Richt was and is our best option for a head coach but gosh I wish he would show some more fire in him.

Advertisement
Maybe is just me but I think the difference between an excellent coach and a very good coach is demanding and not accepting anything but perfection. I heard most of the Richt on the Radio today as well as the interview right after the game and he was pretty much upbeat happy with the results of his players. On the other hand, I also saw Saban's interview on ESPNU after Saturday's game and he was fuming that his team made some mistakes even though they won pretty convincingly, I think by the same margin and arguably against a better opponent.

I'm not part of the BBB group and I believe that Richt was and is our best option for a head coach but gosh I wish he would show some more fire in him.
Dabo is upbeat on his players. Everyone can't be like Satan

+1, did i read on here last week, or maybe the week before, that Thomas (i think) jumped Rosier's *** at halftime about being wide open and not getting the ball, only to be benched for second half for doing it. Is that accurate ?

Advertisement
Back