Richt on WQAM

Advertisement
I haven’t seen a Miami QB throw frozen ropes since Testaverde. Perry is the man.
Do you like the "touch" he has on the swing passes/dink and dunk stuff? Not a big fan for two reasons: (1) gives him confidence he can always fit the ball in there when the receiver is really going to be covered, and; (2) speed on those type passes will end with some popping up in the air ready to be picked. JUst needs to take a few mph off those touch throws IMO. Great for the intermediate and long throws.

Do you like the "touch" he has on the swing passes/dink and dunk stuff? Not a big fan for two reasons: (1) gives him confidence he can always fit the ball in there when the receiver is really covered, and; (2) speed on those type passes will end with some popping up in the air ready to be picked. Great for the intermediate and long throws.

I think his precision and pace on passes to RBs in the flats is great. The rope to Harley in the seam on Saturday was a beauty. Rosier floats that one in there and possibly gets batted down/picked off. Does he have confidence in arming it into a tight spot (like the Harley square in where Harley made a great catch after the safety put his hand on it)? Probably. Will it lead to incompletes or INTs? Probably. But, the upside is much higher than the downside.

Advertisement
You can see Feagles get scared when the pressure comes towards him. Give him a max protect on every punt and let him blast them 50+ yards.

I’m going by what I have seen so far. Wiggins has gotten more snaps than Pope. Hopefully Pope finds his way into the rotation.
Pope is, I noticed All 3 freshman were in the game early vs fiu, 2nd drive matter fact for pope and Hightower started. Pope had a key block on Travis homer td run. They aren’t getting the ball but they definitely are starting to earn more snaps. I dont Know if langham is hurt but 3 of the freshman definitely were playing over him

I was wondering what happened to Langham. Don't recall him in the game. I did see all 4 freshmen WRs -- Hightower, Poper, Wiggins and Ezzard. Pope seemed to be the last guy out there, which is super puzzling to me. And Njoku got in, as well.

Advertisement
Do you like the "touch" he has on the swing passes/dink and dunk stuff? Not a big fan for two reasons: (1) gives him confidence he can always fit the ball in there when the receiver is really going to be covered, and; (2) speed on those type passes will end with some popping up in the air ready to be picked. JUst needs to take a few mph off those touch throws IMO. Great for the intermediate and long throws.

Vick, Favre, just to name a few. Receivers adjust to the velocity of the QB throws. You don't want a QB scaling back as it will affect his accuracy and timing.

Some QB can make tight throws like Perry. Rosier simply doesn’t have that ability. Against better secondary this will prove all the difference. I still want to see more of Perry before I decide if it’s bad decisions or confidents. I’m not worried about your second point. I would rather have a QB with zip on the ball than some dude throwing rainbows all day.

I know very little about punting technique but I did notice something during the FIU game on one of Feagles' shanks. On the replay, they showed him dropping the ball and kicking the actual point of the ball and not the side. Not sure if that's what he was trying to do but it seems like it would be much harder to control the direction if you're kicking the tip of the football and not the middle.

Advertisement
I know very little about punting technique but I did notice something during the FIU game on one of Feagles' shanks. On the replay, they showed him dropping the ball and kicking the actual point of the ball and not the side. Not sure if that's what he was trying to do but it seems like it would be much harder to control the direction if you're kicking the tip of the football and not the middle.

He does that to try to get the ball not to bounce inside the 20, he uses that technique whenever we are on the opponents side of the 50.

I also noticed that. That was one he was trying to pin them deep so maybe it was a technique for it to chalk up deep in the redzone. There is no reason why a punter would normally kick like that because you are right, you can’t get a clean strike on the football.

I don't know anything about punting technique, either.

But I sure as **** know when a punter sucks. Our punter sucks.

Advertisement
He's not announcing it to NC either as to who's starting...more to the point.

i mean it's a solid strategy.

1. play far better quarterback over incumbent starter vs fiu
2. let the other guys see that miami finally has an accurate qb (at least against a crap team)
3. don't make the obvious choice and bank on unc keeping 7 in coverage because our weapons are too good
4. start malik and make the game unnecessarily interesting
5. put perry back in to actually score points
6-8. ?????
9. profit

He does that to try to get the ball not to bounce inside the 20, he uses that technique whenever we are on the opponents side of the 50.

Maybe he should concern himself with getting off good punts before he tries getting too cute. At this point, I'd rather him just punt it through the endzone and give the opponent the ball at the 20 than see him shank it out of bounds and give the opponent the ball at the 42.

Cliff notes: Perry is that dude. Richards is glass. Frosh played well despite the defensive scheme. We're gonna beat the **** outta NC Thursday night.

Advertisement
Back