Richt on the WR speed

Cool, As long as I can have Kaaya as my QB then I will take Shannon's group of WR's & DB's over any WR & DB's on this current roster and whatever's coming in the summer and fall. I tell you what I won't even do you like that just give me Mark Richt as the OC and I'll beat that *** with Jacory Harris

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
DeMarcus Van Dyke DB 4.35
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

[video=youtube;bos8jBIjn_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bos8jBIjn_U[/video]
[video=youtube;jOUxRkMJL58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUxRkMJL58[/video]

Dude did you just make up those forty times lmao

It's simple that entire roster is better than what we have today. If you think different lets match player for player at the WR and CB position? Let's get it!

That wasnt my question

These are legitimate numbers which were also validated by a fellow poster one page back. And there is no denying these guys are way faster than anything we have currently or coming by the fall. But point here is we have never had an issue with WR or CB speed until Al put together his teams.

Hurns and byrd werent 4.4 guys, hence why i asked

Advertisement
Dude did you just make up those forty times lmao

It's simple that entire roster is better than what we have today. If you think different lets match player for player at the WR and CB position? Let's get it!

That wasnt my question

These are legitimate numbers which were also validated by a fellow poster one page back. And there is no denying these guys are way faster than anything we have currently or coming by the fall. But point here is we have never had an issue with WR or CB speed until Al put together his teams.

Just because you say they weren't doesn't make it so, hence why I replied.

I have no dog in this fight, but if Burns (high 4.4's guy I could see) or Byrd were in that range at the combine, that should be easily verifiable. If that number comes from any other source, I would take it with a huge grain of salt. In particular in the case of Byrd.

Someone saying it on a message board doesn't validate anything. There's inaccurate information posted minute by minute here on the net.

I have no dog in this fight, but if Burns (high 4.4's guy I could see) or Byrd were in that range at the combine, that should be easily verifiable. If that number comes from any other source, I would take it with a huge grain of salt. In particular in the case of Byrd.

Someone saying it on a message board doesn't validate anything. There's inaccurate information posted minute by minute here on the net.

I totally agree. But for some when their buddy says these guys were 4.9 guys they run with it. When they do the research and they find that the number is closer to the one I gave rather than the 4.9 that their buddy said then they act like they can't do the research. **** them, I already know the answer and I'm not going to do the research for their lazy ***.

You got to admit these are the fastest 4.9 you have ever seen.

Last edited:
Then again, this is the same group of people who guaranteed we would finish 4-8 after the Cincy game last season, so perspective isn't really their thing.

If the idiot with the tie would have stayed around they probably wouldn't have won another game.

Advertisement

That wasnt my question

And saying that they are doesnt mean they are either, hurns ran a 4.5 at the combine you can look that up

That wasnt my question

And saying that they are doesnt mean they are either, hurns ran a 4.5 at the combine you can look that up

Good job. Now if you do further research you will find that he ran faster than that testing at MIA. But any rate, how do you feel about the 4.9 that your buddy's threw out there? Now according to your research they were about 4 tenths off. But even you knew better than that.

Good job. Now if you do further research you will find that he ran faster than that testing at MIA. But any rate, how do you feel about the 4.9 that your buddy's threw out there? Now according to your research they were about 4 tenths off. But even you knew better than that.

Im pretty sure they were talking about scott from soutridge with the 4.9 stuff, about hurns that was at the NFL draft combine and its laser timed so yea

Come on guys, I'm not making up 40 times. I clearly remember reading these from Swasey summer workouts. I'm not sure the exact years but point being the poster claimed a 4.4 40 for Damian Berry. That is way off. A 4.63 is completely different than a 4.4. Berry might've been a day 2 pick if he ran a 4.4.
It's a tragedy if Aldarius Johnson dropped 30 pounds after his senior season to run a 4.4. Just imagine if he had that drive at UM. He could've really been baby Andre, as he was touted, coming out of Northwestern.... Ugghhhhh.
30lbs for a WR is huge. I doubt any WR is running lower than a 4.8 with a 30lb plate on his stomach.
If someone has summer 08 or 09 Swasey tests in the 40 please post. He only did them once a year.

Advertisement
AJ did get lazy lost the starting nod as a result but ecen when he was overrate he never ran a 4.8. Its an exaggeration of how lazy the guys were under RS because most of his successful players were the less heralded recruits but that is another story. Anyway we never had a wideout running a 4.7 for RS they wouldn't even get a look from him. Ww stopped recruiting some talented guys because they were too slow. From 07-11 our slowest wr probably ran a 4.6 and that was Collier but he was probably our quickest player. I mean our guys never had issues beating coverages in that span. Now throwing picks and dropped passes became an issue but speed was never an issue. And Berry had like 2 major knee injuries by the time he got burn here.

We actually had wideouts running 4.8's the past 2 years. Only God knows if those numbers were even inflated. All in all, Al inherited speed and like 5 nfl wideouts when he took over. As of now I only see Coley and thats it. We need speed.

AJ did get lazy but he lost the starting nod as a result. However, he never ran a 4.8. Its an exaggeration of how lazy the guys were under RS because most of his successful players were the less heralded recruits who worked hard but that is another story. Anyway we never had a wideout running a 4.7 for RS they wouldn't even get a look from him. We stopped recruiting some talented guys because they were too slow. From 07-11 our slowest wr probably ran a 4.6 and that was Collier but he was probably our quickest player. I mean our guys never had issues beating coverages in that span. Now throwing picks and dropped passes became an issue but speed was never an issue. And Berry had like 2 major knee injuries by the time he got burn here.

We actually had wideouts running 4.8's the past 2 years. We had stating safeties running 5 flats. Corners running 4.8's. Only God knows if those numbers were even inflated. All in all, Al inherited speed and like 5 nfl wideouts when he took over. As of now I only see Coley and thats it. We need speed and more talent. Speed had dropped off during Al's run. Richt has a lot of work to do. He'll get it done but he doesn't have his talent yet.

Miami's WR core is better than the one he had at UGA. Georgia's WR core was faster though.

They have more talent at receiver than we do...that can't be debated

Yeah, that's why a converted CB was their #1 WR last year?

Malcolm Mitchell played both ways in high school at Valdosta, but mainly at CB. When UGA was recruiting him they told him he could play either WR or CB and that was his choice. He chose WR. One year they had terrible CB depth problems, and he played some CB in some situations, but still played WR. He ran a 4.45 40 at the NFL combine. In 2015, he was the second-best player on the team behind Chubb.

I wouldn't take these high school combine (forty) numbers too seriously. I've seen plenty of speedy recruits listed with high forty numbers. Waters was listed as a 4.7 on his recruiting page. One of my players was listed as a 4.72 on the site but when he went to Syracuse he ran a 4.47 laser time during Freshman testing.

Advertisement
Richards and Bruce should play right away. Coley, Cager, Berrios is a good top three but it should be wide open past that.

Miami's WR core is better than the one he had at UGA. Georgia's WR core was faster though.

he was the second-best player on the team behind Chubb.

No he wasn't, Leonard Floyd is. WR, is their weak link at UGA, the 247sports reports for team say that. Mitchell wouldn't have started at Miami, at WR. Rashawn Scott & Coley were both better.

No he wasn't, Leonard Floyd is. WR, is their weak link at UGA, the 247sports reports for team say that. Mitchell wouldn't have started at Miami, at WR. Rashawn Scott & Coley were both better.

We shall agree to disagree then, and (belatedly), happy Easter.

Advertisement
A bit confused then....the 2 WR commits we have ran 4.89 and 4.99 at the Miami Opening. I'm not knocking either player, i'm just saying the comment is contradictory.
I've said this in the other thread but you need possession guys just as much as you need speed, the key is that you just have to get the right balance of both players.

Most likely Scott won't be in this class, can't have 166 lbs possession receivers running 4.8-4.9 forties.
I can see how you can say that but I don't think he ran that. Even on tape he looks like a low 4.7 imo but we have to go by that because it's a recorded time.

He ran a high 4.9, almost a 5.0 forty, at best he runs low 4.8 or high 4.7 without this supposed error running his 40. Regardless at 166 lbs that those aren't times of a big time possession receiver at the collegiate level.

lol at believing that Scott runs "almost" a 5.0 40.

The obsession with 40 times is laughable. I don't care what you ran some magical day in shorts with a thirty mph tailwind. I care how fast you play on the field. Some of these supposed 4.4 guys being mentioned here looked like they were playing with cement filled shoes. Could Miami use a speedster to get behind defenses? Sure. But it's hardly the most important aspect of an offense. They have a proven down field target on this team in Njoku. Cager has shown some flashes too but I'm not completely sold on him yet. Quickness is a much more desirable trait in a WR and guys like Coley and Bruce have it in spades. They'll be alright.

I wouldn't take these high school combine (forty) numbers too seriously. I've seen plenty of speedy recruits listed with high forty numbers. Waters was listed as a 4.7 on his recruiting page. One of my players was listed as a 4.72 on the site but when he went to Syracuse he ran a 4.47 laser time during Freshman testing.

Waters ran in the 4.6 range last summer I believe.

Mitchell is better than scott.

Advertisement
Back