Richt on the WR speed

Like how Coach Richt isn't worried about calling out or taking shots at his players... Challenges them. Just like how he brought up Gerald Willis saying I thought he'd be bigger. Lol Now at his receivers. Stacy is the only speed guy at the position right now... But the freshman trio coming in is going to change that.

Side note It feels good to hear UM coaches constantly bringing up speed in every phase of the team.

Advertisement
Damien Berry ran a 4.8 40. He's nowhere near a 4.4.
Alderious Johnson was another 4.8, 4.9 guy. He couldn't run a 4.4 with a cat 5 blowing behind him.
Now, Davon Johnson was a legit 4.4 guy...never understood why he didn't make a bigger impact.

Advertisement
I keep telling y'all Sam Bruce will start day 1 here. He's already better then Berrios and its not close. I would say Richards too but he has to add some muscle.

Top 4 WRs: Coley, Bruce, Richards, Mullins (if eligible).

Lawerence Cager quit football??

Naw Z, its a few posters who don't feel Cager is NOT good and probably wont become a good WR. Why? IDK! My guess they'll say his lack of "speed". Cager has the size and the skill set to become an good player. Cager could become a deadly red zone threat being he's a big and physical player.

Alderious Johnson was another 4.8, 4.9 guy. He couldn't run a 4.4 with a cat 5 blowing behind him.
Now, Davon Johnson was a legit 4.4 guy...never understood why he didn't make a bigger impact.
Aldarius ran 4.75 official with a low of 4.65 and a high of 4.86, Damien Berry ran 4.63 at the NFL combine

Aldarius ran 4.75 official with a low of 4.65 and a high of 4.86, Damien Berry ran 4.63 at the NFL combine

You guys are way off and I know this for a fact. Randy Shannon wouldn't even consider you if you were that slow at the WR or CB position. But lets assume that you are correct, you have to admit that those are the fastest 4.9 guys you have ever seen. Check out the separation they get after making the catch and their start and stop numbers are off the charts. Every defender must run at least a 5.9 40. I know people will hate and won't give the Brotha no props for the talent he recruited but the numbers that went into the league don't lie. **** based on Richt's analysis of the speed at WR he thought he was atleast getting the speed at these positions that Shannon had. lol

Last edited:
I keep telling y'all Sam Bruce will start day 1 here. He's already better then Berrios and its not close. I would say Richards too but he has to add some muscle.

Naw Z, its a few posters who don't feel Cager is NOT good and probably wont become a good WR. Why? IDK! My guess they'll say his lack of "speed". Cager has the size and the skill set to become an good player. Cager could become a deadly red zone threat being he's a big and physical player.
The whole point of being 6'5 is to be a possession guy, win jump balls and a red zone threat not to run 4.4. Not everyone is Brandon Marshall, AJ green and Calvin Johnson. He's not even slow for how big he, the recruiting camps clocked him at 4.7

Advertisement
I disagree we were good speed wise under both Shannon and Coker. Both had issues with depth at both positions. The speed took a drastic fall under Golden.

You do remember our punter having to get reps at wr, right? It was awful! I'd take our current wrs over the Ryan Moore lance leggitt days.

Cool, As long as I can have Kaaya as my QB then I will take Shannon's group of WR's & DB's over any WR & DB's on this current roster and whatever's coming in the summer and fall. I tell you what I won't even do you like that just give me Mark Richt as the OC and I'll beat that *** with Jacory Harris

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
DeMarcus Van Dyke DB 4.35
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

[video=youtube;bos8jBIjn_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bos8jBIjn_U[/video]
[video=youtube;jOUxRkMJL58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUxRkMJL58[/video]

Dude did you just make up those forty times lmao

The whole point of being 6'5 is to be a possession guy, win jump balls and a red zone threat not to run 4.4. Not everyone is Brandon Marshall, AJ green and Calvin Johnson. He's not even slow for how big he, the recruiting camps clocked him at 4.7

Actually, I think everyone agrees that Cager is a WR. However, you can't recruit all big receivers that run 4.6 or 4.7. You have to have some burners to stretch the field to allow one on one underneath. You just can't have an entire WR corps of M. Irvin and expect him to dominate on Saturday. You can't do it.

I disagree we were good speed wise under both Shannon and Coker. Both had issues with depth at both positions. The speed took a drastic fall under Golden.

You do remember our punter having to get reps at wr, right? It was awful! I'd take our current wrs over the Ryan Moore lance leggitt days.

Cool, As long as I can have Kaaya as my QB then I will take Shannon's group of WR's & DB's over any WR & DB's on this current roster and whatever's coming in the summer and fall. I tell you what I won't even do you like that just give me Mark Richt as the OC and I'll beat that *** with Jacory Harris

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

It's simple that entire roster is better than what we have today. If you think different lets match player for player at the WR and CB position? Let's get it!

Actually, I think everyone agrees that Cager is a WR. However, you can't recruit all big receivers that run 4.6 or 4.7. You have to have some burners to stretch the field to allow one on one underneath. You just can't have an entire WR corps of M. Irvin and expect him to dominate on Saturday. You can't do it.
If you can find a 6'5 WR that 200+ pounds that runs 4.4 I'll be all for it...the problem is it is very, very rare to find those guys

Advertisement

If you can find a 6'5 WR that 200+ pounds that runs 4.4 I'll be all for it...the problem is it is very, very rare to find those guys

I think you misread my post. I said you have to recruit burners to go along with big WR so that you can have someone to stretch the field.

I think you misread my post. I said you have to recruit burners to go along with big WR so that you can have someone to stretch the field.
Yea I know I said that at the beginning of the thread when it first started...

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

It's simple that entire roster is better than what we have today. If you think different lets match player for player at the WR and CB position? Let's get it!

That wasnt my question

Advertisement

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

That wasnt my question

These are legitimate numbers which were also validated by a fellow poster one page back. And there is no denying these guys are way faster than anything we have currently or coming by the fall. But point here is we have never had an issue with WR or CB speed until Al put together his teams.

Last edited:

I concur with You and Zbrob, in terms of needing big possession WRs like a Cager and Langham, but we need more speed to stretch a defense.

Man Berry did not run a 4.8. I think he ran like a 4.6 at the combine and that was after being injured the later half of his senior. And AJ was never that slow. He surprised some scouts when he returned from pro day and ran a 4.4. Come on man. Stop making stuff up.

Man Berry did not run a 4.8. I think he ran like a 4.6 at the combine and that was after being injured the later half of his senior. And AJ was never that slow. He surprised some scouts when he returned from pro day and ran a 4.4. Come on man. Stop making stuff up.

Aldarius Johnson got in shape and dropped 30 lbs to run that pro day 40.

At Miami he went from promising to maybe the fattest, slowest WR I have ever seen at the college level.

I remember being in school with the guys under Shannon and it was unreal how lazy and unmotivated most of them were.

Advertisement
Back