Richt on the WR speed

Fastest WR on the roster is Coley who's best time at UM is a 4.56 40. Berrios has no business being on a power 5 team. I was thinking a poor mans mike campanaro but even that's a huge stretch. Truth hurts but you guys know that's the reality. I doubt any other WR runs faster than 4.7. Lewis has the talent but has bad weight.
Good news is that Mullins is FAST. I'm not sure how fast but people have said legit 4.4 guy. Richards ran 4.6 as a junior so he will likely be a 4.5 guy by this fall. And his weight means nothing as long as he's running fly routes...see Travis Benjamin. Bruce will be the quick slot guy we all hoped we were getting with Berrios. I doubt Bruce really runs a 4.5 40, but his quickness is elite. If he really runs a 4.5 40 already then we just got a reincarnated Kevin Williams. All together that's a nice combo for the fall. Freshman WRs can make huge impacts as we've seen over and over. We will be fine at WR.

Mullins is no guarantee to be admitted.

Ah, the old "Mullins won't qualify rumour".

Considering everyone in the know has said he's on path to qualify, just stop

Who exactly has said that?

Show me.

Advertisement
Fastest WR on the roster is Coley who's best time at UM is a 4.56 40. Berrios has no business being on a power 5 team. I was thinking a poor mans mike campanaro but even that's a huge stretch. Truth hurts but you guys know that's the reality. I doubt any other WR runs faster than 4.7. Lewis has the talent but has bad weight.
Good news is that Mullins is FAST. I'm not sure how fast but people have said legit 4.4 guy. Richards ran 4.6 as a junior so he will likely be a 4.5 guy by this fall. And his weight means nothing as long as he's running fly routes...see Travis Benjamin. Bruce will be the quick slot guy we all hoped we were getting with Berrios. I doubt Bruce really runs a 4.5 40, but his quickness is elite. If he really runs a 4.5 40 already then we just got a reincarnated Kevin Williams. All together that's a nice combo for the fall. Freshman WRs can make huge impacts as we've seen over and over. We will be fine at WR.

Show me.

Didn't Mullins have to sit out this past year due to grade issues.

I disagree we were good speed wise under both Shannon and Coker. Both had issues with depth at both positions. The speed took a drastic fall under Golden.

You do remember our punter having to get reps at wr, right? It was awful! I'd take our current wrs over the Ryan Moore lance leggitt days.

Cool, As long as I can have Kaaya as my QB then I will take Shannon's group of WR's & DB's over any WR & DB's on this current roster and whatever's coming in the summer and fall. I tell you what I won't even do you like that just give me Mark Richt as the OC and I'll beat that *** with Jacory Harris

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
DeMarcus Van Dyke DB 4.35
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

[video=youtube;bos8jBIjn_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bos8jBIjn_U[/video]
[video=youtube;jOUxRkMJL58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUxRkMJL58[/video]

Last edited:

Show me.

Didn't Mullins have to sit out this past year due to grade issues.

Yes.

Him getting in is questionable at best.

Advertisement
I disagree we were good speed wise under both Shannon and Coker. Both had issues with depth at both positions. The speed took a drastic fall under Golden.

You do remember our punter having to get reps at wr, right? It was awful! I'd take our current wrs over the Ryan Moore lance leggitt days.

Cool, As long as I can have Kaaya as my QB then I will take Shannon's group of WR's & DB's over any WR & DB's on this current roster and whatever's coming in the summer and fall. I tell you what I won't even do you like that just give me Mark Richt as the OC and I'll beat that *** with Jacory Harris

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45

Byrd ran a 4.45?

I don't remember him being that fast.

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45

Byrd ran a 4.45?

Draftscout had listed as 40 Low: 4.35 40 Time: 4.45 40 High: 4.56

But since ThomasM wanted this current group of WR's over Shannon's we can stop at Travis Benjemine because there are no WR's that can run a 4.35 and there's not one coming this fall that can do it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those times listed a few post above are hilarious. Must be VTechs stop watch

You can pick and choose what you want to believe but most above made it to the league and\or practice squad. So the times aren't that far off. They obviously had the speed to play to some degree on the next level. So don't hate just give them their props.

Naw RS kept speed on this team. I remember when Adalrius ran a 4.4 according to some article at his pro day. I was surprised. RS had Benjamin and TS running 4.4's at the combine. PD was a RS recruit and we saw how fast he was. Under RS our wideouts were running 4.4's anyone who denies the speed under Coker and RS is crazy. Our team became incredibly slow under Al. Hank, Byrd, AJ, Streeter and Benjamin were running 4.4's with a 4.5 being the slowest for AJ and Byrd. We're seeing 4.7's and 4.8's for wideouts now. That has never been the case until Al took over.

Moro your times are accurate. Benjamin, Miller and Streeter were among the fastest prospects at the 2012 combine. And that was a fast group. Speed has never been an issue until Al took over.

Advertisement
Exactly, yawl see what I see. The only thing Shannon's teams were missing was OC and DC. The University went the cheap route with Randy and would not pay up for the OC's and DC's that he wanted. Had they put the money behind him like they did with Golden and Richt things would have been a lot better.

But but but...when I said that our WR unit was pedestrian and "un-Miami-like" I was told by people in here that we were loaded with studs.

The last time we did S&C testing the results spoke volumes!

i never been big on Cager. i think our fresh will come in and push these guys out the way. Berrios will be ok as a possession wr, he looks like
he lost weight.

yup

Advertisement
Well RS potential success is another story. No rookie coach should ever take this gig. He just wasn't the right man for the job. We got lucky with Butch and even Coker during his first 2 years. However our athleticism never diminished until recently.

Miami has always been synonymous with speed. Blistering speed. Phillip Buchanon, Santana and Senorice Moss, Devin Hester, Rascoe Parrish, Sam Shields, Lamar Miller, Phillip Dorsett. We have no one that fits into that category. Just blinding speed. And that's because we had a coach who think if your are big and plodding that's how football should be played. Richt is not talking about any other of their talents other than flat speed, that makes the DBs give 10-15 yard cushions by default, and roll players over the top. Not hard to understand.

Uh, Stacey Coley. Anybody who says Coley isn't fast should receive a permanent ban
Do u know what blinding speed means?

Certainly some inflated numbers on that list. Must have used Virginia techs stop watch.

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45

Byrd ran a 4.45?

WR's
Travis Benjamin WR 4.36
LaRon Byrd WR 4.45
Allen Hurns WR 4.44
Aldarius Johnson 4.45
Davon Johnson
Tommy Streeter
Kendal Tompkins
Thearon Collier
Jermaine McKenzie
Daniel Adderley 4.59
Kayne Farquharson 4.4
Leonard Hankerson 4.4
Jermaine McKenzie 4.41

DBs
RayRay Armstrong
JoJo Nicolas
Vaughn Telemaque
Ryan Hill
Brandon Harris
Brandon McGee
Jared Campbell DB 4.5
DeMarcus Van Dyke DB 4.35
Damien Berry DB 4.46
Doug Wiggins DB 4.5

[video=youtube;bos8jBIjn_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bos8jBIjn_U[/video]
[video=youtube;jOUxRkMJL58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUxRkMJL58[/video]

Alderios ran a 4.4??? When did that happen?

Advertisement
Back