Richt on the WR speed

Richards and Bruce should play right away. Coley, Cager, Berrios is a good top three but it should be wide open past that.

Berrios is not that good. There are plenty of reps for bruce and richards along with coley and cager.

Advertisement
I wouldn't take these high school combine (forty) numbers too seriously. I've seen plenty of speedy recruits listed with high forty numbers. Waters was listed as a 4.7 on his recruiting page. One of my players was listed as a 4.72 on the site but when he went to Syracuse he ran a 4.47 laser time during Freshman testing.

Waters ran in the 4.6 range last summer I believe.
Nope has been in the low 4.4 range since he has been at miami

I wouldn't take these high school combine (forty) numbers too seriously. I've seen plenty of speedy recruits listed with high forty numbers. Waters was listed as a 4.7 on his recruiting page. One of my players was listed as a 4.72 on the site but when he went to Syracuse he ran a 4.47 laser time during Freshman testing.

Nah. Go look at his 40 from last summer and he wasn't a 4.4. The only wr that ran a 4.4 was coley and he was around 4.42.

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] I was wrong it wasn't a 4.6 he ran a 4.55 which seems about right from watching him on the field. He definitely ain't no 4.4 guy.

Coley was 4.41. And grace was the fastest at 4.38.

They have more talent at receiver than we do...that can't be debated

Yeah, that's why a converted CB was their #1 WR last year?

he was the second-best player on the team behind Chubb.

No he wasn't, Leonard Floyd is. WR, is their weak link at UGA, the 247sports reports for team say that. Mitchell wouldn't have started at Miami, at WR. Rashawn Scott & Coley were both better.

Mitchell is better than scott.
Mitchell is going to be a mid round pick

Advertisement
If Scott can get his head right he'll have a better NFL career than Mitchell. Mitchell didn't do much of anything at UGA, and Richt's WR recruiting there was average.

If Scott can get his head right he'll have a better NFL career than Mitchell. Mitchell didn't do much of anything at UGA, and Richt's WR recruiting there was average.

That's true, Rashawn Scott could make a living in a role Jerricho Cotchery played for years

Mitchell had a better year than scott last year. Neither of them are special but I don't see the scott hype. He is another player the fan base over hypes.

Everybody on this team is not "studs".

Scott is very talented. He just needs to stay healthy and disciplined (avoid off-field issues). He is not a first round talent, but he could have a decent pro career.

Advertisement
The haters on here love the opportunity to pile on and criticize our players. We are actually going to be really good at WR this year.

Then again, this is the same group of people who guaranteed we would finish 4-8 after the Cincy game last season, so perspective isn't really their thing.

Coley, Cager, Berrios, Bruce, Mullins, Richards, Njoku - if you think that is a slow, untalented group, I really can't help you

We didn't say they were slow, Mark Richt did. k thanks

Nah. Go look at his 40 from last summer and he wasn't a 4.4. The only wr that ran a 4.4 was coley and he was around 4.42.

H
Yo

You're right Herb improved to a 4.5. He was never a speedster. Coley is our only fast vet wideout. He and PD were the only 2 to get open consistently. Herb was good but never exhibited 4.4 speed and he played around a 4.6. He was a talented possession kid. I don't know what happened.

The haters on here love the opportunity to pile on and criticize our players. We are actually going to be really good at WR this year.

Then again, this is the same group of people who guaranteed we would finish 4-8 after the Cincy game last season, so perspective isn't really their thing.

Coley, Cager, Berrios, Bruce, Mullins, Richards, Njoku - if you think that is a slow, untalented group, I really can't help you

Yep perspective and most cane fans do not go hand in hand.

Advertisement
Yep. McDonald (I think that was the WR coach at the time) seemed to have a decent eye for talent - he was the one who noticed Scott...

Is anyone surprised Golden left a slow team? He might as well have painted Purdue logos all over the facility.

It is no secret the entire roster left behind is both fat and slow, but it is especially glaring at wide receiver, where Coley is hanging out with some jitterbugs and plodders.

If he knows the playbook.

I keep telling y'all Sam Bruce will start day 1 here. He's already better then Berrios and its not close. I would say Richards too but he has to add some muscle.

Top 4 WRs: Coley, Bruce, Richards, Mullins (if eligible).

He'll know the playbook. Ask Pete about the cane insider days, how I use to talk about amari cooper. I was the only one saying he's better then DGB. Sam Bruce is filthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back