Richt on Joe Rose Show

Because he was blindsided by this...I'm telling you this was ALL compliance. He had 0 say in the decision

Not an NCAA issue yet so called UM fb fans on thus site still rather throw the players under the bus, WHO DID NOTHING WRONG, and cheerlead for the UM admin and their snake *** compliance department lol gtfoh

Advertisement
LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

Double LOL at the analysis of Richt's tone.

Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

Another guy who knows nothing about the process or how anything unfolded giving a hot take on UM being cavalier. Do you have even a remote clue as to how much investigating needed to be done or how the players' lying and lawyering up might have impeded the speed of the investigation? Do you realize the NCAA might have taken time to respond given the fact they have plenty of other cases going?

Do you? I mean, does anyone?

And I don't think comparing this to the Briles or Jones issues are overly pertinent. Kind of like comparing apples to...well...raped watermelon?

I cannot give credence to the idea that the University of Miami, after literally making every wrong choice in the book in regards to the football team over the last decade, took a reasonable, well thought out, and prudent action...even if I don't take the admittedly idiotic view that the players are somehow blameless.

:q3XKXeX:

Okay... You can have your opinion but they're like anuses.. Knowledge isn't requisite to having one.

Failing to spend money on football is at the BOT level and has nothing to do with compliance or other administrative processes/decisions.

Shalala wanted Barry Alvarez and BOT/Faculty run universities.

No AQM and Grace means an already bad defense got worse.

The upside is that younger player will get a ton of reps.

Shaq, McCloud and Pickney with 30-35 starts between them is very good for the immediate future of this program.

Is golden still coaching the team? Who says it's a bad defense based on the philosophical changes and coach kool?

Anyone ever hear the phrase 'conflict of interest'? Of course Richt was out of the decision-making process. He may make a recommendation or give an opinion, but the final decision should not be his.

Yo Pete or anybody, what exactly did these guys do? Were they accepting rentals with the understanding they would pay it back when they got to the pros? Were they doing this a lot or just like once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Let's not confuse Richt being "blindsided" with Richt protesting their dismissal and being overruled. There's zero evidence that although he may have been surprised by the severity of Compliance's recommendation that Richt protested it to James or the Administration. Kinda feel like some people are conflating surprise by Richt with Richt being overruled.

LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

How is hiring outside counsel to help you get it right being "cavalier"?

This was hardly the forum to be cavalier.

Yo Pete or anybody, what exactly did these guys do? Were they accepting rentals with the understanding they would pay it back when they got to the pros? Were they doing this a lot or just like once?

Nope, their family members paid for it, but since theyre black, UM dont like them riding around like that so they kicked them off the team.

Nope, their family members paid for it, but since theyre black, UM dont like them riding around like that so they kicked them off the team.

Yup. The family member that paid for the cars is about to do an interview with CNN, FOX and ESPN. Finally, we are going to here something from the family member who has been keeping quiet the last two days.

Advertisement

Another guy who knows nothing about the process or how anything unfolded giving a hot take on UM being cavalier. Do you have even a remote clue as to how much investigating needed to be done or how the players' lying and lawyering up might have impeded the speed of the investigation? Do you realize the NCAA might have taken time to respond given the fact they have plenty of other cases going?

Do you? I mean, does anyone?

And I don't think comparing this to the Briles or Jones issues are overly pertinent. Kind of like comparing apples to...well...raped watermelon?

I cannot give credence to the idea that the University of Miami, after literally making every wrong choice in the book in regards to the football team over the last decade, took a reasonable, well thought out, and prudent action...even if I don't take the admittedly idiotic view that the players are somehow blameless.

:q3XKXeX:

Okay... You can have your opinion but they're like anuses.. Knowledge isn't requisite to having one.

Failing to spend money on football is at the BOT level and has nothing to do with compliance or other administrative processes/decisions.

Shalala wanted Barry Alvarez and BOT/Faculty run universities.

Smart and level headed...a true fan of the University. Just like myself.

Because he was blindsided by this...I'm telling you this was ALL compliance. He had 0 say in the decision

Pete did compliance f_ck this up or was there legitimate wrong doing to warrant the punishment in your opinion.

E4A9831F-DC62-4CBB-98A9-B1DD907D9723_zpsjfznots3.gif

Advertisement

Yet the morons on the radio kept saying richt dismissed them and that was proof they were guilty. When it appears like A. Richt was not involved (which should be obvious) and B. UM admin is overcompensating like battered wife syndrome bc of their relationship with the NCAA

Pete did compliance f_ck this up or was there legitimate wrong doing to warrant the punishment in your opinion.

I'm surprised fans are all the sudden thumping their chest backing up UM admin when they've literally been *****ing about the sh*tty job they've done the past 2 decades. Yet all the sudden people have faith that they did the right thing. Wake up people

I'm surprised fans are all the sudden thumping their chest backing up UM admin when they've literally been *****ing about the sh*tty job they've done the past 2 decades. Yet all the sudden people have faith that they did the right thing. Wake up people

"sh*tty job they've done the past 2 decades"

Get that GED so you can calculate how long a decade is, and get back to us

Advertisement

Yes 2 decades. People have long complained about our admin even while we were winning. My biggest gripe has been the horrible mismanagement of funds that Blake James has even implied during interviews. You know when we were one of the most profitable and successful teams yet we couldn't even pay for lights for the practice field. Where have you been caveman.

Yes 2 decades. People have long complained about our admin even while we were winning. My biggest gripe has been the horrible mismanagement of funds that Blake James has even implied during interviews. You know when we were one of the most profitable and successful teams yet we couldn't even pay for lights for the practice field. Where have you been caveman.

Lmao Grace's "attorney" isn't even recognized by the FL Bar! If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's usually a duck.

Noone cares if they were black, white or purple. Let me spell it out for you....UM was on probation; ***** up when on probation, you gone. Ignore the rules, you gone. Do your own thing, you gone....lie & play stupid (you are stupid maybe?)) Don't give a rats zzz about the coaches & THE TEAM, you gone......Buh bye. Don't let the door hit you.....Kapish?

I'm extremely ****ed off by our compliance dept, but when I had to re-think about everything that took place in 2010, 1994, 1986....I mean, it's a known fact the NCAA and their myriad of SEC biased board members don't care for Miami. We weathered a humungous storm and the last bit of rain drops are finally going away in October. Why would you want big brother to remotely sniff around us again?

Initially I thought the punishment was way too harsh, especially for Grace...but then I started thinking about if I was in that same position and I had to think about 2 guys v. 85 guys (or whatever # of players we have on the roster), what's the easiest route under these circumstances? Then, when it was reported that Miami will still pay fully for their tuition until they graduate, it was clear this was a business decision for the betterment of the entire football team for years to come v. one season.

I'm sure it we weren't on probation, if the NCAA didn't have their thumb on us, Grace would've been suspended 3 games, but I still think AQM would've been kicked off b/c he's a repeat offender, a repeat offender who did all this talking how his pass moves were elite and only produced a career high 5.5 sacks in one season.

The initial reaction hurt, however for the long term health of squad, along w installing that discipline that Butch had to re-install with the Canes when he took over, I think it was the right call, as much as that pains me to say.

The reason y I'm still confident is this season is b/c of three people...Richt, Kool, and Kaaya. D Jackson under Kool's tutelage can replace AQM...and he's So Fla that absolutely loves the U and got that pit-bull/German Shepard in him (fierce, who's willing to learn). We'll take a slight hit at LB but Shaq is still the QB of the defense regardless and the new Bermuda Triangle seem to be thriving.

It's not all doom and gloom, just wanted to put some things in perspective.

yea... :q3XKXeX:

Advertisement
Back