Richt on Joe Rose Show

4 million dollars a year aside, I wonder if Richt is already regretting taking a job at the athletic department of the University of Miami.

And, LOL at the Franchise. Guy has never held back in lambasting coaches or players for under-performing (and often been right about it), but is sticking to the party line that the UM athletic department, filled with terrible hires, morons, and Shalala cronies...an athletic department that has fared miserably in just about everything but fundraising over the last decade, didn't yet again make a ******* mess of things.

Honestly, while it sucks that we lost those two players in particular, such things happen when you have a bunch of entitled jocks in big D1 programs. However, to 'investigate' them for months, let them participate in summer drills, and only come to a final decision a week before the season starts is disingenuous to the players and the fanbase. Rather it would've been swept under the rug ala your $EC school, or the players should've been suspended immediately, only a crap institution like UM could continue to handle things in such an incompetent manner that a straightforward impermissible benefits investigation leaves everyone, fanbase, players, coaches, ****ed off. In fact, they managed to take something that should've been straightforward, and turned it into something that will make it harder for Richt to do part of his job (recruit top talent.) You think that being heavy handed with the punishment of two top players, one of them local...blitzing the players and coaches with it a god**** week before the season starts, will help out recruiting in any way, shape, or form?

And **** UM for again being overly cautious pussies: The NCAA has already shown they want to sink the school, and that nothing the school can much do will change that. Lawyer up if you have to, but go to bat for your ******* players, don't throw them under the bus because there's a chance the NCAA might not think you did enough. **** 'em. If you want to play with the big boys, try to act like them, go with the punishment YOU think is correct, don't choose the nuclear option because the shadow of the NCAA makes your ****** shudder.

I have no idea why, after the last decade plus of incompetence, so many of you would go to bat for UM athletics. Seems to me the positives around the program: hiring Richt, Ross renovating the stadium, were more along the lines of fortune finally smiling on this downtrodden, mediocre program than anything this incompetent athletic department has accomplished.

Are you always this overly emotional? Is there a process in your fragile mind that alerts you when you're being a raging cvnt?

Yep, but generally when I have simpletons make one or two sentence responses in disagreement, rather than people with half a brain making a coherent argument, I know I'm still on the right track.

Advertisement
We can stay here and write a millions reasons why the punishment was harsh and talk about what role compliance played in all this, but if we really want to face the truth we can all agree that there would be nothing to talk about if these guys did not put themselves in this bad situation. Lets be honest we are going through the last part of a bad NCAA situation in which we got lucky and got off with minimal punishment in my opinion, why would you risk your NFL money for this, why take that chance. I don't get it.

Move on folks, these guys were seniors anyways. Yes theyd have been a huge part of the team this season buts it not like they were gonna be the key pieces to the playoffs. On the brightside are DL is loaded with talented guys who arent seniors

LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

Double LOL at the analysis of Richt's tone.

I am just stunned at the level of ignorance by our fans.
Now I see why soFla is loaded with crooked politicians.

you got 2789 in posts, you should easilyly understand ignorance of our fans, slow learner I guess.

LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

I am just stunned at the level of ignorance by our fans.
Now I see why soFla is loaded with crooked politicians.
Any time I start giving the human race too much credit for the ability to think clearly I come on here for a dose of reality.

Advertisement
Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

How is hiring outside counsel to help you get it right being "cavalier"?

"I'm angry and I want to be angry and I will justify my anger"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure lying is what delayed all of this. Lying itself was a significant offense. Lying is what makes them question what the truth is. Lying is what warrants further and prolonged investigation. Lying may have been the impetus for investigation in the first place. Lying may have precipitated the need for outside counsel.

That's what is seeming to go over everyone's head. The lying. Even Grace's attorney admitted he lied. Yes because of probation we were more strict but when you lie and the truth comes out the ban hammer will fall every time.

Not the act, the cover up with lies.

Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

Another guy who knows nothing about the process or how anything unfolded giving a hot take on UM being cavalier. Do you have even a remote clue as to how much investigating needed to be done or how the players' lying and lawyering up might have impeded the speed of the investigation? Do you realize the NCAA might have taken time to respond given the fact they have plenty of other cases going?

Since the the guy who claimed to be Grace's attorney via the Herald is not licensed to practice law and has pictures of prospects at combines on his social media accounts I am guessing Richt probably agrees with UM's decision....lol.
I wasn't aware of that. But if it's true, then triple LOL at the braindead morons who were accepting his self-promotional monologue to the media as fact.

Another guy who knows nothing about the process or how anything unfolded giving a hot take on UM being cavalier. Do you have even a remote clue as to how much investigating needed to be done or how the players' lying and lawyering up might have impeded the speed of the investigation? Do you realize the NCAA might have taken time to respond given the fact they have plenty of other cases going?

Do you? I mean, does anyone?

And I don't think comparing this to the Briles or Jones issues are overly pertinent. Kind of like comparing apples to...well...raped watermelon?

I cannot give credence to the idea that the University of Miami, after literally making every wrong choice in the book in regards to the football team over the last decade, took a reasonable, well thought out, and prudent action...even if I don't take the admittedly idiotic view that the players are somehow blameless.

Advertisement
I do enjoy reading the history of our recent involvement with the NCAA -- the impact tends to fluctuate a bit depending on the subject of the overly emotional attack.

I rather the coach not be involved. I.E. Baylor

Is anyone arguing that the coach should, in fact, ever be involved? Are we through building this particular straw man?

Pete's genius Twitter like one liner that Richt was blindsided stirred up the clicks and discussion again. He's smooth. How to Drive Site Traffic 101. Same as the Work which the content was captured in no less than 7 other threads before he posted it. Well done young man.

Advertisement

And I don't think comparing this to the Briles or Jones issues are overly pertinent. Kind of like comparing apples to...well...raped watermelon?

I cannot give credence to the idea that the University of Miami, after literally making every wrong choice in the book in regards to the football team over the last decade, took a reasonable, well thought out, and prudent action...even if I don't take the admittedly idiotic view that the players are somehow blameless.

I don't pretend to know what went on in the process. That's why I'm not jumping to the idiotic conclusion that UM bungled this.

The more common sense approach is that UM takes football seriously based on eating Folden's salary and paying Richt and his staff a ton of money. The buffoons lose me with their tin foil hat thinking (and I use that term loosely) assuming UM is going out of its way to fck players and overreact.

In your anti-UM tantrums, you guys are refusing to acknowledge certain facts regarding mandatory ineligibility for acceptance of impermissible benefits and for lying during investigations like this. When you refuse to even acknowledge those mandatory penalties, all you're doing is foot stomping and acting like petulant babies.

I don't pretend to know what went on in the process. That's why I'm not jumping to the idiotic conclusion that UM bungled this.

The more common sense approach is that UM takes football seriously based on eating Folden's salary and paying Richt and his staff a ton of money. The buffoons lose me with their tin foil hat thinking (and I use that term loosely) assuming UM is going out of its way to fck players and overreact.

In your anti-UM tantrums, you guys are refusing to acknowledge certain facts regarding mandatory ineligibility for acceptance of impermissible benefits and for lying during investigations like this. When you refuse to even acknowledge those mandatory penalties, all you're doing is foot stomping and acting like petulant babies.

Are we positive that Golden's sheer incompetence, as well as the threat of the almost complete revolt and apathy of the fan-base didn't force their hand on Golden, more than any commitment to excellence?

Are we positive that the black eye of being the only power 5 school without an IPF, as well as the constant barrage of the newly required lightning sensors, aren't forcing their hands on that as well?

See, i'm not going to argue for the player's innocence, because that would be asinine. Or argue that Richt should have some sort of say in compliance, which is idiotic (as well as being an argument I hope nobody is actually making).

But is it possible that people are ****ed about the players' punishment being heavy-handed and poorly timed...because it really is that?

It strikes me that either UM railroaded two of their players over smaller, i.e. less than $800 worth of benefits...hard to believe because of the nature of the allegations...I mean, we're talking luxury ******* cars. Or UM knew that the benefits were in oh-**** territory, but yet let the players practice for months and only acted within a week before the first game, after it was widely assumed by, ****, everyone, that the players would only be suspended for a game or two. Again, if the allegations were always that serious, why the **** did UM treat them like they were relatively minor for months?

But whatever, generally you're on point with your posting. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It might just be my aforementioned tinfoil hat talking here, but I personally think that, after taking the advice of a few career oriented guys and outside council, UM took a hard-line tact, and timed it poorly, a decision that will reverberate, I think, for a little while. But that's generally been their attitude in regard to such things, remember that it was only after it became completely transparent about the depths the NCAA was willing to plumb for an opportunity to knock out the program, did the school actually turn from submissive posturing, undoubtedly, the legacy of a myriad of probationary years. Too bad for whatever kids, however selfish or stupid, caught between the rock of UM's compliance office and the NCAA's hypocritical hard place.

Last edited:

Are we positive that Golden's sheer incompetence, as well as the threat of the almost complete revolt and apathy of the fan-base didn't force their hand on Golden, more than any commitment to excellence?

Are we positive that the black eye of being the only power 5 school without an IPF, as well as the constant barrage of the newly required lightning sensors, aren't forcing their hands on that as well?

See, i'm not going to argue for the player's innocence, because that would be asinine. Or argue that Richt should have some sort of say in compliance, which is idiotic (as well as being an argument I hope nobody is actually making).

But is it possible that people are ****ed about the players' punishment being heavy-handed and poorly timed...because it really is that?

It strikes me that either UM railroaded two of their players over smaller, i.e. less than $800 worth of benefits...hard to believe because of the nature of the allegations...I mean, we're talking luxury ****ing cars. Or UM knew that the benefits were in oh-**** territory, but yet let the players practice for months and only acted within a week before the first game, after it was widely assumed by, ****, everyone, that the players would only be suspended for a game or two. Again, if the allegations were always that serious, why the **** did UM treat them like they were relatively minor for months?

But whatever, generally you're on point with your posting. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

It might just be my aforementioned tinfoil hat talking here, but I personally think that, after taking the advice of a few career oriented guys and outside council, UM took a hard-line tact, and timed it poorly, a decision that will reverberate, I think, for a little while. But that's generally been their attitude in regard to such things, remember that it was only after it became completely transparent about the depths the NCAA was willing to plumb for an opportunity to knock out the program, did the school actually turn from submissive posturing, undoubtedly, the legacy of a myriad of probationary years. Too bad for whatever kids, however selfish or stupid, caught between the rock of UM's compliance office and the NCAA's hypocritical hard place.

Seven I believe this is the mandatory penalty Franchise is refering too.
It's slso why the lying to the investigators is so critical.
Just in case you had not seen it.

"DapperSlapper said: View Post
If you are a student athlete, and you violate Bylaw 10.1 (Unethical Conduct, which includes "(a) Refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation when requested to do so by the NCAA or the individual’s institution," among other things), you will not be reinstated after being found to be ineligible. That is a black and white rule."

Advertisement
They didn't rape anybody, they should of got a suspension. Allowing an outside NCAA nerd to determine the punishment is beyond dumb. The guy prolly hates football players or is a racist, who the **** knows what this geeks underlying agenda was. Might be a Virginia tech fan for all we know.

No AQM and Grace means an already bad defense got worse.

The upside is that younger player will get a ton of reps.

Shaq, McCloud and Pickney with 30-35 starts between them is very good for the immediate future of this program.

It doesn't mean that at all. We lost Duke Johnson, Dorsett, Perryman, Flowers, Feliciano, and Warford, and won more game than we did when they were here.

This idea that AQM and Grace leaving is going to make us suck is so shortsighted. I could see if we had the SAME COACH, but NOTHING is the same, so why expect the same results.

Since the the guy who claimed to be Grace's attorney via the Herald is not licensed to practice law and has pictures of prospects at combines on his social media accounts I am guessing Richt probably agrees with UM's decision....lol.
I wasn't aware of that. But if it's true, then triple LOL at the braindead morons who were accepting his self-promotional monologue to the media as fact.

I usually dont have time to stalk people on social media....unless they f**k with my Canes. This guy is not listed on the Bar's website and he claims on Twitter he has an LLM in international contract law and treaties......which is a far f***in cry from criminal law which he claims to practice and he also claims on his Twtiter account he took the bar exam last year. I always thought street agents were supposed to keep a low profile and not run to the media and falsely claim they're an attorney......which I believe is a felony....lol.

Some parts of what [MENTION=1475]SevenNSeven[/MENTION] said was a tad emotional but I thought the premise was spot on.

Advertisement
Back