Richt on Joe Rose Show

How in the **** do you blind side two coaching staffs in a row at the start of their tenure. As bad as Al was he didn't deserve it and as good as Richt is he doesn't deserve this. This is just full on negligence but no one will answer for any of it.

Advertisement
4 million dollars a year aside, I wonder if Richt is already regretting taking a job at the athletic department of the University of Miami.

And, LOL at the Franchise. Guy has never held back in lambasting coaches or players for under-performing (and often been right about it), but is sticking to the party line that the UM athletic department, filled with terrible hires, morons, and Shalala cronies...an athletic department that has fared miserably in just about everything but fundraising over the last decade, didn't yet again make a ******* mess of things.

Honestly, while it sucks that we lost those two players in particular, such things happen when you have a bunch of entitled jocks in big D1 programs. However, to 'investigate' them for months, let them participate in summer drills, and only come to a final decision a week before the season starts is disingenuous to the players and the fanbase. Rather it would've been swept under the rug ala your $EC school, or the players should've been suspended immediately, only a crap institution like UM could continue to handle things in such an incompetent manner that a straightforward impermissible benefits investigation leaves everyone, fanbase, players, coaches, ****ed off. In fact, they managed to take something that should've been straightforward, and turned it into something that will make it harder for Richt to do part of his job (recruit top talent.) You think that being heavy handed with the punishment of two top players, one of them local...blitzing the players and coaches with it a god**** week before the season starts, will help out recruiting in any way, shape, or form?

And **** UM for again being overly cautious pussies: The NCAA has already shown they want to sink the school, and that nothing the school can much do will change that. Lawyer up if you have to, but go to bat for your ******* players, don't throw them under the bus because there's a chance the NCAA might not think you did enough. **** 'em. If you want to play with the big boys, try to act like them, go with the punishment YOU think is correct, don't choose the nuclear option because the shadow of the NCAA makes your ****** shudder.

I have no idea why, after the last decade plus of incompetence, so many of you would go to bat for UM athletics. Seems to me the positives around the program: hiring Richt, Ross renovating the stadium, were more along the lines of fortune finally smiling on this downtrodden, mediocre program than anything this incompetent athletic department has accomplished.

Last edited:
LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

Double LOL at the analysis of Richt's tone.

Since the the guy who claimed to be Grace's attorney via the Herald is not licensed to practice law and has pictures of prospects at combines on his social media accounts I am guessing Richt probably agrees with UM's decision....lol.

TCGRAD 1014

Ariz didn't say or imply that. He made a statement... Richt knew nothing of forth coming decision. Period.

The game never changes, but the players do... IT'S CALLED THE "MIAMI SHUFFLE"... Who's next?

I interpret "blindside" to mean Richt didn't have any idea what was going on, and boom, out of nowhere his players are dismissed. He knew the idiots were being investigated by compliance for taking impermissible benefits. The investigation was going on for a long time. The worst case scenario of a player taking impermissible benefits is dismissal. Richt knows that too. It's the HC's job to prepare for these contingencies.

Advertisement
4 million dollars a year aside, I wonder if Richt is already regretting taking a job at the athletic department of the University of Miami.

And, LOL at the Franchise. Guy has never held back in lambasting coaches or players for under-performing (and often been right about it), but is sticking to the party line that the UM athletic department, filled with terrible hires, morons, and Shalala cronies...an athletic department that has fared miserably in just about everything but fundraising over the last decade, didn't yet again make a ******* mess of things.

Honestly, while it sucks that we lost those two players in particular, such things happen when you have a bunch of entitled jocks in big D1 programs. However, to 'investigate' them for months, let them participate in summer drills, and only come to a final decision a week before the season starts is disingenuous to the players and the fanbase. Rather it would've been swept under the rug ala your $EC school, or the players should've been suspended immediately, only a crap institution like UM could continue to handle things in such an incompetent manner that a straightforward impermissible benefits investigation leaves everyone, fanbase, players, coaches, ****ed off. In fact, they managed to take something that should've been straightforward, and turned it into something that will make it harder for Richt to do part of his job (recruit top talent.) You think that being heavy handed with the punishment of two top players, one of them local...blitzing the players and coaches with it a god**** week before the season starts, will help out recruiting in any way, shape, or form?

And **** UM for again being overly cautious pussies: The NCAA has already shown they want to sink the school, and that nothing the school can much do will change that. Lawyer up if you have to, but go to bat for your ******* players, don't throw them under the bus because there's a chance the NCAA might not think you did enough. **** 'em. If you want to play with the big boys, try to act like them, go with the punishment YOU think is correct, don't choose the nuclear option because the shadow of the NCAA makes your ****** shudder.

I have no idea why, after the last decade plus of incompetence, so many of you would go to bat for UM athletics. Seems to me the positives around the program: hiring Richt, Ross renovating the stadium, were more along the lines of fortune finally smiling on this downtrodden, mediocre program than anything this incompetent athletic department has accomplished.

That was full potato bro. Switch to decaf ASAP.

Simple.

Richt probably didn't know these kids allegedly violated a bylaw that would get em' kicked off the football team...or that UM was gonna take it to that extent. If He did, I have a hard time believing that a man of Richt's character wouldn't have told them to come clean.

So double yeah...He should've been thoroughly kept in the loop, and He was blindsided.

LOL at idiots who think a HC should be involved in compliance issues. Like Art Briles? Or Butch Jones? That always works out perfectly. The HC never has any incentive to want to keep players eligible does he?

Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

In my line of work it's called a regulatory firewall.

But you can't expect the assorted half-wits and intellectually stunted malcontents to understand that.

Advertisement

Are you always this overly emotional? Is there a process in your fragile mind that alerts you when you're being a raging cvnt?

Exactly Right-they have to be insulated from this in all aspects. My only concern is the timing-that the U used outside counsel which slowed the process.They had a cavalier approach to the whole thing and it hurt our preparation .

How is hiring outside counsel to help you get it right being "cavalier"?

"I'm angry and I want to be angry and I will justify my anger"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure lying is what delayed all of this. Lying itself was a significant offense. Lying is what makes them question what the truth is. Lying is what warrants further and prolonged investigation. Lying may have been the impetus for investigation in the first place. Lying may have precipitated the need for outside counsel.

Last edited:
Coaches should not be involved in matters pertaining to potential NCAA issues......why is it so hard for you folks to understand?
SMH.

Agreed. The incentives would be messed up. I just hate the timing of it. It would have been nice to prepare knowing those two wouldn't be available. However, that's the way it is.

Advertisement

Since the the guy who claimed to be Grace's attorney via the Herald is not licensed to practice law and has pictures of prospects at combines on his social media accounts I am guessing Richt probably agrees with UM's decision....lol.

i saw that, looked him in the bar and he's not there. he says he is a criminal defense attorney doe

Show me where I said he should be involved? I said someone could have given him a heads up at least that this was VERY serious and this wasnt going to be a 3-4 game suspension issue anymore. You dont think Nick Saban would have gotten that at least?

Btw, did you listen to the interview or too busy coming up with witty comebacks to appease your disciples on here?

Advertisement

How is hiring outside counsel to help you get it right being "cavalier"?

"I'm angry and I want to be angry and I will justify my anger"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure lying is what delayed all of this. Lying itself was a significant offense. Lying is what makes them question what the truth is. Lying is what warrants further and prolonged investigation. Lying may have been the impetus for investigation in the first place. Lying may have precipitated the need for outside counsel.

That's what is seeming to go over everyone's head. The lying. Even Grace's attorney admitted he lied. Yes because of probation we were more strict but when you lie and the truth comes out the ban hammer will fall every time.

move on cane brethren. It's over it's done. It's FAMU week.

Good point here. Dont even know why I brought this up. Ill take the L on this one. People take a simple question and start going to left field with the ****.

The hand wringing over this issue continues unabated...

Over the past few days we've seen:
-Keyboard arguments over the credentials of former players (as they claim) and what it means to be a "true cane"...from former players to actual alumni..to regular fans...to the poster dude who bought a Canes hat from WalMart on Calle Ocho and "keeps it real for my boyz"

-Keyboard arguments over the clearly rascist and incompetent UM AD Admin staff who hold a weekly meeting (its on Tuesdays at 1100 btw) on "lets see how we can destroy the lives of our players"..several posters on here "just know this goes on because I know it does!"

-Posters who just recently stated so loudly how "UM has no business with what Sam Bruce did in HS" (they would be wrong once he became a PSA via his validated and accepted LOI) are now claiming to be NCAA bylaw experts, and instructing others on how those bylaws applied to the current circumstances...but yet nothing applied to Bruce...

-Posters who are all over the map from, "Shalala made them do it, Frenk made them do it, the NCAA made them do it, Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban made them do it"...all because of the vast conspiracy to keep Miami down

-Posters on here who.have no idea, or have ever heard of, the constraints placed on UM by the Family Educational Privacy Act (aka FERPA...aka Buckley Ammendment of 1984)...whereby unless expressly permitted to do in writing by the SAs, UM is prohibited from releasing the details of the investigation...so...right or wrong...the SAs and everyone else going pollo loco can scream "but...but...but...nothing happened...nothing happened!"...meanwhile UM (or any school) can only release, "based on the evidence and in consultation with x,y, and z the SAs have been dismissed from the program"

-Bet you $1 this will never happen from an SA in trouble....they sign the Student Athlete FERPA Release Statement allowing all the Compliance Department files to.be released to the public...if you are innocent, then what better venue than the court of public opinion to have your case heard right?

-Posters, like myself with this very digital ink, who continue to write about spilled milk rather than talking about how the Canes O and D will match up with FAMUs O and D

Starting with me first and foremost, lets stop the insanity.

Go Canes.

Coaches should not be involved in matters pertaining to potential NCAA issues......why is it so hard for you folks to understand?
SMH.

People on here are cluless lol and not very smart. Your right he shouldnt be involved. Just coach the guys who are here and field the best team possible.

Advertisement
Back