Richt on Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unnecessary
OH man this
Dabo is playing Lawrence against Texas A &M along with Bryant.Williams outplayed Lawrence in the US Army game.Bryant the Clemson qb outplayed Rosier last year but Dabo knows he can not pass good enough to win the National Championship.Richt should know by now that Rosier can not get us where we want to go.Lets play Williams for the next four games and see where we stand.

Williams must have done something to our pastor that he didn’t like. Maybe he fcked Mrs Richt.

I'm not upset with the 'common fan' comment. In some ways, Richt is correct. There are number of poster on this board with real knowledge of the game, who can discuss Xs and Os in a detailed manner. Outliers. The majority of us post based on our passion for the team. And we're entitled to our opinions.

I feel all personal feelings should be removed...put the best man on the field...my son included in this Matrix... I don't think the practice field is the best venue for the evaluation... I think everyone should get a fair shot in the SS Game...
I try not to ever ask you anything personal, so to speak, because obviously nearly everything you post here inside info wise can be traced directly back to your son. So that said, feel free to ignore this question if need be. I will try to word it properly so hopefully you can answer.

Based on what is going on in practice settings, are the backup QBs as "unready" as Richt would have us believe?

Advertisement
Y’all know he be reading these boards right? Lol. Hopefully he will see the frustration with rosier. We know he was fed up with Malik’s sh*t in and after the pitt game.

they all read these boards, every single one of them

Hey Coach Richt, if you're reading this, stop being a jagoff.

Love,

Justin.

15/35 2 interceptions 1 td. I'm sorry but that DOES tell the story. It actually tells an incomplete story because he played WORSE than that. Dude got bailed out by great catches.
Man, you are so right. Imagine his stat line WITHOUT the circus catches!!!

I said it in another thread but this aint Athens where people are patient and are going to give you 15 years to build this program. **** right he is feeling the heat. He probably shocked at the backlash after this loss. Probably thought winning the coastal was going to buy him some credit but hes got the wrong fan base. For his sake, I hope we don't lose to FSU at home after that $hitshow I witnessed from Taggert last night. That FSU team is ripe for the taking this year. Only other game we should be concerned about this VT. Its a 2 game season. He can still calm the natives by going 11-1.

Advertisement
Someone else proposed Letting Malik take the 1st QTR, then N'kosi the 2nd, Cade the 3rd and Jarren the 4th. It makes too much sense. No way we do something systematic and logical like that.

EVERY team play the younger guys on cupcake games. OU just had their starting QB sling the rock 12x before pulling him in the blow out. I don't get this dude, like at all.

That last sentence confirms what we’ve all been thinking this entire time, JW has always been Richt’s Guy, I don’t know how short of a leash 12 has but CMR is cashing the next 3-4 years on JW, I understand not rushing in the true freshman but I want to see a change at some point with Perry or Weldon

But he is doing a huge disservice to Jarren. Personally, I think not landing MJJ has also changed the plan for these three guys. I think he has decided to "save" JW since we have no one for another full year. Before we knew MJJ was not commiting to Miami, Richt's stance was Jarren was in the mix to compete for the starting job. Fall camp starts and Jarren is seemingly out of the conversation for this season- and I dont buy the reasoning it's about falling asleep in class. I get he may not know the entire offense or recogniZe the defense as well as Malik but neither do Kosii and Cade. From accounts this spring It seems like Kosi still takes off running if his first read isn't there and Cade doesn't make good judgements to protect thefootball. And from Richt and Browns own mouth Jarren is incredibly talented and accurate. He stands in and makes a play even if it isn't the one called. He doesn't even get the reps with a decent squad in practice- how is he supposed to develop ? It makes zero sense. Even with the red shirt rule he can play in 4 games- how can he hope to have any success without reps in practice?

Advertisement
2/2 - "Obviously everyone needs to earn the right to play at all positions."

So a QB who's now under 50% in his completion for his last 4 games as a "veteran", and has a sub 50% completion rate in 8 of his 14 games deserves to be our QB? The guy, for the last 7 games, has thrown 10 TD's and 12 ints has earned the right to be our starting QB, huh? FML. Somebody get this bible thumper out of my face. Again, bull chit excuses for not wanting to do what's right for the program. TAKE A RISK!

15/35 2 interceptions 1 td. I'm sorry but that DOES tell the story. It actually tells an incomplete story because he played WORSE than that. Dude got bailed out by great catches.

Here's what's worst, my guy: He should've been 27/35 at worst. Look at how many wide, WIDE open players he missed. Look how often he had a clean pocket and he still over threw players. How many misreads. The guy is not good. I think he's a nice person, and again, I'll be grateful for him ending the streak against FSU...but facts are facts. Rosier is not a qb. He's an athlete that plays the position. He'll be a good pick up for a park game, but he doesn't have the IQ or accuracy to play at this level.

This is some hypocritical chit if CMR trots out Malik next game. He said that he would play the best players regardless of seniority. Only way to know if one of you young bucks are better than Rosey is to play them in an actual game. No Chit freshman QBs are going to struggle against our 1 defense...you got Rosey going against our number 2s on defense...level the playing field and make the right calls, or GTFOH

Y’all know he be reading these boards right? Lol. Hopefully he will see the frustration with rosier. We know he was fed up with Malik’s sh*t in and after the pitt game.
Thats a subtle way of saying he's shirting. So he wont play.
That's not right. He can play in four games and keep a shirt iirc. New rule this year.

I took it differently. Richt's a stubborn guy, and he has 'his way' of looking at things. It sounds to me like like he's decided to look at Perry and Weldon first, alongside Rosier, and then after seeing that, Williams next. Hence the 'Williams knows how I feel about him.' Richt's likely thinking about two or three things -- first, hard to look at four QBs in the game, and doesn't want to bench Rosier immediately and publicly and doesn't know who would start if he did. Second, he worries that if Williams outplays the other two immediately, he's got another challenge on his hands looking ahead. Richt wants to look at and pick amongst the RS frosh guys, then compare the better of the two to Williams. Third, seniority, waiting your turn, etc.... It all makes 'logical' sense ... but then you realize that Saban and Kirby don't get so confused by these things and just try to play whoever will win.

Advertisement
Back