Richt on Jarren Williams

Malik first half against SS. Kosi 3rd and Cade 4th
Malik just about all game agaisnst Toledo, unless catastrophy or Kosi lights it up against SS
See first sentence for FIU game, but i can see Kosi playing all second half
Malik starts UNC game, Kosi has packages and plays. If he plays well he probably gets an extra series or two
Malik starts panhandle school. CMR stays will Malik until he doesn't. Kosi comes in and finishes. We win.
Kosi starts next game.

Crystal ball hazy after that, please ask again after panhandle school

Lol why would you only give the young guys one quarter each against an awful team like Savannah State? In addition, the young guys should be playing against Toledo because we might actually need to score points in that game and they can experience playing in an away stadium. The young QBs should be playing FIU as well. Those three games should be a live game 3 week tryout for the young QBs to earn the right to start against UNC. Malik shouldn't have a shot to win that job because he is not the long term answer and you are just putting off the inevitable.

Advertisement
Anyone else have a sense Richt is going to give Weldon and Perry garbage time only this Saturday, like 2nd half with the 2's and 3's?

If Weldon had a shot at being the guy, wouldn't we have seen him during LSU?

I think its the Kosi's job to win over the next 2 weeks.

The noise from the team and fans will create his playing time. Rick is running out of excuses.

Advertisement
Lol why would you only give the young guys one quarter each against an awful team like Savannah State? In addition, the young guys should be playing against Toledo because we might actually need to score points in that game and they can experience playing in an away stadium. The young QBs should be playing FIU as well. Those three games should be a live game 3 week tryout for the young QBs to earn the right to start against UNC. Malik shouldn't have a shot to win that job because he is not the long term answer and you are just putting off the inevitable.

IMO there is one guy who can unseat 12 and it's not the true freshman. Again just my opinion and Maybe i wrong, but i dont' see Weldon being it, even though i was on the Cade train when he enrolled. Kids has good tools, but i feel like on the "big stage" it just doesn't come together for him.

Like it or not i just have a feeling we'll still need 12 as the year goes on. I said it in the other thread. You don't have to agree, but that's what makes Murica great

Rosier should sit against SSU and not even dress for the game.

Perry or Weldon start, and get five possessions. Play well, and earn another possession or two. The backup comes in and given the same opportunity. Allow enough consecutive possessions to let the QB settle down and get into the flow of the game and to not penalize for another player's mistakes or big plays that quickly end a drive. A long TD run by a RB, or a short pass and long TD run by a WR doesn't give the QB much work.

Williams gets the remainder of the game.

The game is likely to be out of hand quickly. Last time we played, the coaches agreed to a running clock in the second half. This could happen again. This will reduce opportunities for whomever is playing in the second half.

Last edited:
I feel all personal feelings should be removed...put the best man on the field...my son included in this Matrix... I don't think the practice field is the best venue for the evaluation... I think everyone should get a fair shot in the SS Game...

Advertisement
I feel all personal feelings should be removed...put the best man on the field...my son included in this Matrix... I don't think the practice field is the best venue for the evaluation... I think everyone should get a fair shot in the SS Game...

Shaq still played well, I am sure not up to his standards but he is far from one of my concerns, also hard for D to make an impact when the opponents average field position is essentially midfield.

I'd even say play everyone against FIU, I think just about anyone could look good against SS, Toledo has some players where I don't think we can experiment too long, but we should be able to have a better gauge of talent against FIU.

First of all, no matter how bad an opponent is, a HC is never going to publicly announce that he’s going to play his 4th team QB against them. Never happens. Never will. Coaches aren’t wired to talk about getting their 4th string QB reps in an upcoming game. Do you guys pay attention to anything football related? That **** never happens anywhere.

Second, if Rick doesn’t have a good plan in place to start passing the torch to one of the backup QBs over these next couple scrimmages, then he’s a useless, stubborn jagoff.

Rosier is who he is. If you want to give him a bunch of reps against a HS opponent, which is what Sav State is, then you’re a buffoon who is more concerned with sending messages or playing it safe than you are advancing your football program. Rosier should play one series at most in this scrimmage.

Advertisement
Richt knows Jarren Williams is the qb of the future and he’s letting him know it publicly how highly he thinks of him. You got to protect egos in today’s climate of football, y’all know how these QBs are transferring every 5 minutes now a days..

I feel Mark just took another major L with that you "common fans" don't know sht excuse. Just be honest Richt, you gave us the "common fans" dog **** and now you are trying to word wiggle and mind ***** us "common fans" with more reverse psychology shizt. Lost more respect for this guy.

Advertisement
i think he wants to play him 4 games later in the year then redshirt him.
The problem with that is that those are all conference games against decent- good teams. It's not certain that we'll have enough of a lead to be able to play a guy, who is considered to be 4th on the depth chart, in any of those games. The best opportunity to do that would probably be during these next 3 games.

First of all, no matter how bad an opponent is, a HC is never going to publicly announce that he’s going to play his 4th team QB against them. Never happens. Never will. Coaches aren’t wired to talk about getting their 4th string QB reps in an upcoming game. Do you guys pay attention to anything football related? That **** never happens anywhere.

Second, if Rick doesn’t have a good plan in place to start passing the torch to one of the backup QBs over these next couple scrimmages, then he’s a useless, stubborn jagoff.

Rosier is who he is. If you want to give him a bunch of reps against a HS opponent, which is what Sav State is, then you’re a buffoon who is more concerned with sending messages or playing it safe than you are advancing your football program. Rosier should play one series at most in this scrimmage.
Exactly. Savannah St is just a scrimmage game.

That's the perfect opportunity to get some Coaches film on the other 3 QB's & see who operates the Offense the best. Then based on that you reevaluate who gets more 1st team reps heading into Toledo. Then if they handle their business & put Tol away in the 1st half, you repeat that same evaluation process for prep week vs FIU. The reps in practice should be based on how they perform in games, then once we hit ACC play you put the best guy out there.

And Richt needs to throw the got **** kitchen sink at UNC, we've inexplicably struggled for 2 years in a row vs that god awful joke of a team, we need to beat the **** out'em this year regardless of which QB starts.

As sad as it may sound, UNC is a statement game for this season, if Richt comes out with the same old dusty 3 & out offense and Diaz shows up with the same old let them run & score as many points as possible Defense, then we're going to have a long day at home against a UNC team that is literally the worst team in the conference.

It's time for Richt to wake this team up & light a fire under everyone's *** including his own, having close games against sh*t teams is a trend that needs to die & actually blowing out teams like UNC & FSU when they're having a down year should be customary.

Last edited:

I endorse this approach.

Advertisement
Back