Richt on Jarren Williams

Dabo is playing Lawrence against Texas A &M along with Bryant.Williams outplayed Lawrence in the US Army game.Bryant the Clemson qb outplayed Rosier last year but Dabo knows he can not pass good enough to win the National Championship.Richt should know by now that Rosier can not get us where we want to go.Lets play Williams for the next four games and see where we stand.

Advertisement
I totally agree with you! I'm just operating under the announcement Brown made where he said Malik was our starter this Saturday. I seriously don't want to see Malik take another meaningful snap as a Cane again. He's a sweet kid and he's had his time. Not preparing another QB to be our starter this offseason is the biggest coaching blunder Mark has made since he was in Athens. Still not too late, but we know Mark is gonna be stubborn.

Same here. It's not a personal attack on Malik at all, but........I've seen enough.

Advertisement
Malik first half against SS. Kosi 3rd and Cade 4th
Malik just about all game agaisnst Toledo, unless catastrophy or Kosi lights it up against SS
See first sentence for FIU game, but i can see Kosi playing all second half
Malik starts UNC game, Kosi has packages and plays. If he plays well he probably gets an extra series or two
Malik starts panhandle school. CMR stays will Malik until he doesn't. Kosi comes in and finishes. We win.
Kosi starts next game.

Crystal ball hazy after that, please ask again after panhandle school

Man I don't even know what this means. Play the kid already gatdamnit.

:snoopfacepalm::stephenahand::u5pyxda::vogel:

The fact that Richt felt the need to come out on Twitter and say something about this (albeit vague and non-committal) is NOT a good sign for him. This is him being defensive about something where he didn't need to be defensive. This is almost as bad than Saban blowing up on Maria Taylor after their game.

He didn't need to say anything or clarify anything...just play who you're going to play and go forward. Instead, he went full on Nathan Thurm.

giphy.gif

Play him. Won’t scare recruits away if we don’t win. With what I saw Sunday night, we ain’t winning w Rosier...and losing like that will scare away recruits. Undisciplined and played like puzzies for first time under this regime. Put in Jaren. At least he can hit an open WR

Richt will use the RS rule at some point, he’s not stupid

Why?? If Williams is the real deal wouldn'tt he be free to go to the NFL draft after only playing here two years?? You get him in now you get three years out of him, the final two with experience.

Advertisement
Play him. Won’t scare recruits away if we don’t win. With what I saw Sunday night, we ain’t winning w Rosier...and losing like that will scare away recruits. Undisciplined and played like puzzies for first time under this regime. Put in Jaren. At least he can hit an open WR

Somehow I have a feeling that the rest of the team would rally around a new QB - at this point, any one of the 3 who goes in there and shows signs of life. It'd be a quick patch toward restoring unity in the locker room, IMO.

I think Rosier's play is grinding the team down. It has to be. The WRs are clearly angry with his inaccuracy, and I'm sure the defense resents him too for being so bad on 3rd down.

Why?? If Williams is the real deal wouldn'tt he be free to go to the NFL draft after only playing here two years?? You get him in now you get three years out of him, the final two with experience.
That’s what I’m saying, Richt will play Williams maybe a game or 2 this year and not burn up his eligibility

I totally agree with you! I'm just operating under the announcement Brown made where he said Malik was our starter this Saturday. I seriously don't want to see Malik take another meaningful snap as a Cane again. He's a sweet kid and he's had his time. Not preparing another QB to be our starter this offseason is the biggest coaching blunder Mark has made since he was in Athens. Still not too late, but we know Mark is gonna be stubborn.

Stubborn as the day is long. If U Know What I Mean.

it means he's running Malik out there and he don't GAF WHAT anyone thinks about it..
T
The fact that Richt felt the need to come out on Twitter and say something about this (albeit vague and non-committal) is NOT a good sign for him. This is him being defensive about something where he didn't need to be defensive. This is almost as bad than Saban blowing up on Maria Taylor after their game.

He didn't need to say anything or clarify anything...just play who you're going to play and go forward. Instead, he went full on Nathan Thurm.

giphy.gif
He had no idea how quickly the base would turn on him if 12 stunk it up and we lost big. Maybe he's in his feelings about it. He may not know it but to trod along as is, would be to marry his intermediate job security directly to the performance of an overmatched QB he didn't even recruit. Perhaps this is why some power and gameday responsibilities of his had been reshuffled multiple times throughout his perennial 9-4ish tenure in Athens. It was legitimately in the best interest of his employment to do so.

Advertisement
The problem as far as I can tell with Mark Right, is that earning means putting in time, knowing the playbook, but not necessarily being the best option for the most success. And that is a deadly way for him to approach things in a business where if you aren't first, you may as well be last. You would think he would have learned that after getting fired for winning ten games a year, but never actually winning anything that matters.

It is actually quite funny when you consider he held himself to zero of the same standard when surrounding himself with a bunch of track record less, know nothing green horn coaches. We are just fortunate a couple of them are worth their pay.

Someone else proposed Letting Malik take the 1st QTR, then N'kosi the 2nd, Cade the 3rd and Jarren the 4th. It makes too much sense. No way we do something systematic and logical like that.

Let Malik take the 1st quarter. An actual quarter. For a pay phone. To call Tyrone (call him).

Advertisement
Since we're not playing Williams, we should rotate Perry and Weldon against Savannah State. Nosier should only play the 1st Q...if that.

This was my take on the situation yesterday. I don't get why he would not go and play all the options at this point. The new RS rules are there to be taken advantage of.

It comes down to this. We have a warm up game coming up. Time to plan for the future. ANYONE can see the year will end the same, or worse, as last year with Rosy as QB.

Use Savannah State to get the 3 other QB's in action. It can be like a mini camp/tryout. See who looks like they can hang and manage a game.

Take the top QB from Savannah State game and run them at Toledo to see how they play in a road game against at least a marginal opponent. Then hopefully, we can also see the other 1 or 2 QB's later in the game.

Use the FIU game to use those 3 again as a final tryout for the ACC schedule.

I feel like, with the new RS rule, there is no reason to leave Williams out of the rotation. At least get him in on drives to see where he is at, and get a little game time. If he truly isn't ready, then you can still RS him.

We have 3 games coming up before ACC play, and we might as well use them to get all the QB's in the game and make a trial by fire out of it.

Since we're not playing Williams, we should rotate Perry and Weldon against Savannah State. Nosier should only play the 1st Q...if that.
If Weldon had a shot at being the guy, wouldn't we have seen him during LSU?

I think its the Kosi's job to win over the next 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Back