Richt on al blades

IF someone showed me a roster of all the players that went to UM and told me to pick 3 to go to war I am certain the Blades family would be included in that group I chose. They don’t mess around over there and all will kick your butt silly.

Advertisement
As an ugly ******* in my 40s I am very familiar with and a huge fan of the Blaydes lineage in canes lore. However, I'm not ready to crown a true freshman based off one comment from the head coach that was pretty general. I watched Blaydes as a sophomore at University school get dominated by a Clewiston wide receiver who is currently balling for Middle Tennessee State. I filmed that game for the CHS staff, quietly hoping Al would shut our best player down but the opposite occurred. I'm positive Blaydes is light years better today and will end up making the family name proud. But Im cautious in my expectations for his freshman year if only to be fair. I can't wait to see him ball out and bring back memories of old. It will come soon enough

Blaydes? Mods, do your job here.

A lot of people were knocking this kids ability because he didn’t start at sta in his final season, sounds like he has been making an impact since he’s been here

Wasn't paying attention or it wasn't posted... But what was the reason he didn't start his senior year?

Some of us have been trying to tell yall about these Freshman Corners for a while now.

I'm not buying Dean being the shoo-in opposite of MJ, idc what he does in Fall camp. He only played a little over 70 snaps last year & he doesn't have the upside of the other 3. He's a limited Corner that lacks physicality & it will show up on the field.

We'll probably have to wait until he gets spun around for a few games before he gets moved down, but the 3 young thoroughbreds are on his neck & will take that spot as the season progresses.

Lol umm that’s happening now.. bandy is the clear # 2 right now per Richt and Diaz

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, if Tito gives us just Moten-level reps this year, it makes a world of difference because of how much we rotate our DL.
I think Tito is going to surprise UM fans. He put up similar numbers to Norton on one of the worst teams in FBS, and he did it with no talent around him and in a conference where every team they played had exponentially better talent than Illinois.

On top of all that, this is his contract year.

Some of us have been trying to tell yall about these Freshman Corners for a while now.

I'm not buying Dean being the shoo-in opposite of MJ, idc what he does in Fall camp. He only played a little over 70 snaps last year & he doesn't have the upside of the other 3. He's a limited Corner that lacks physicality & it will show up on the field.

We'll probably have to wait until he gets spun around for a few games before he gets moved down, but the 3 young thoroughbreds are on his neck & will take that spot as the season progresses.

He can't be any worse than Dee Delaney was last year in some of those games.

Would be really nice if we still had Malek Young on the team. He'd be starting opposite MJack for sure.

Tito looks like a good athlete too with that David Lee Roth Van Halen jump. Big men can’t typically move that way.

UM fans are generally dopey, so they saw that he transferred from Illinois and gave him short shrift. If we got a clearly inferior player from Alabaga they’d be foaming up over him. ****, they got juiced up over Brown because he came from LSU even though he clearly wasn’t very good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All along i have been saying he is one of my favorite recruits this past cycle. I never understood why he did not get as much love as Frierson and Ivey.

He can't be any worse than Dee Delaney was last year in some of those games.

Would be really nice if we still had Malek Young on the team. He'd be starting opposite MJack for sure.
That's the point, we shouldn't be putting ourselves in that position where the bare minimum is expected.

Lol to the joker who said the staff aren’t high on Blades when he hasn’t even completed one practice in his Miami career.

Advertisement
Back