Richt on al blades

Advertisement
Sounds like he’s already the 3rd best corner on the team and the coaches are working to see who, between Bandy and Blades, will be the starting Nickel and Boundary in 3+ WR sets.
You got that from the coach saying that he is competing? are there other quotes that i am missing?

You got that from the coach saying that he is competing? are there other quotes that i am missing?

just putting multiple pieces of information together... It's clear Blades is ahead of Frierson and Ivey bc he's the only one the coaches are talking about playing two positions as a true freshman. Dean just seems like he's not going to get much play outside of mop up duty.

Sounds like he’s already the 3rd best corner on the team and the coaches are working to see who, between Bandy and Blades, will be the starting Nickel and Boundary in 3+ WR sets.
No. Bandy is the starting nickel. Rumph and diaz said he is the best nickel on the team.

Advertisement
I always feel better with a Blades on the team.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

And as was mentioned, he was a back-up, but so was Dalvin Cook at Central.

And going back a bit farther, I think Fred Taylor and James Jackson came out the same year, too, from Glades Central.

Don't know who started, but they were both really, really good.

No. Bandy is the starting nickel. Rumph and diaz said he is the best nickel on the team.

Of course Bandy is the best nickel on the team, but he's also the 2nd best boundary corner on the team aside from Jackson. So when our defense has to match up with spread formations, which position is Blades most ready to start alongside Jackson and Bandy? Nickel or Boundary?

Advertisement
Of course Bandy is the best nickel on the team, but he's also the 2nd best boundary corner on the team aside from Jackson. So when our defense has to match up with spread formations, which position is Blades most ready to start alongside Jackson and Bandy? Nickel or Boundary?
Boundary. They already said when they go nickel bandy will kick inside. Frierson still probably has the edge of being the 3rd corner at least to start the year.

Love it
Our rivals says he was extremely overrated since he didn’t start every game as a senior but th skill set was always there and we already know the bloodline is there. He is going to be 2nd day draft pick barring injury.

Advertisement
Really competitive kids make great special teamers. Not everyone will be a day 1 starter. I’d like to have a kid like him on kick team so our all conference tailback doesn’t have to be a gunner
Maybe this can answer the question in another thread on who can replace Homer as a gunner. Alphonso Blades Jr. That's who.

People took that "Jaden Davis took his spot in the STA secondary!" BS and completely ran with it. (Blades from what I remember moved to Safety. Cats on here made it seem like he was riding the pine!)...Meanwhile, Davis isn't even on our CB big board and Blades is impressing and making waves already. And that's why coaches are coaches and fans are fans.

Advertisement
Love it
Our rivals says he was extremely overrated since he didn’t start every game as a senior but th skill set was always there and we already know the bloodline is there. He is going to be 2nd day draft pick barring injury.

Potential 1st round pick... sky's the limit.

I love the 3 freshman corners beatin out a senior for PT! All over 6 foot long, athletic, phycical a Blades on the team ballin already whats not to love!?!?

Love it
Kid has never played a down in College football. He is not limited by height, weight, IQ or GDMS (Gator decision making syndrome) so if he works and develops there is nothing that I see that will keep him from first round grades.

Advertisement
Back