Richt on al blades

Advertisement
I'm willing to bet it's more to him not starting at STA, at the opening last year he looked liked the best corner. shutting down wr's in one on ones, 1 on 1's favor the offense imo and he shut them down got beat maybe 1 or 2 reps out of like 12.

I think what DMoney said about Blades v Pope sums up the kind of player he will be for us. He's going to lose his fair share of battles (and unless you're Deon or Woodson, idk of a corner that doesn't), but be clear -- he will in fact be in the battle and the other WR is gonna have to work hard af for that catch. He's coming to compete on every snap.

Advertisement
Some of us have been trying to tell yall about these Freshman Corners for a while now.

I'm not buying Dean being the shoo-in opposite of MJ, idc what he does in Fall camp. He only played a little over 70 snaps last year & he doesn't have the upside of the other 3. He's a limited Corner that lacks physicality & it will show up on the field.

We'll probably have to wait until he gets spun around for a few games before he gets moved down, but the 3 young thoroughbreds are on his neck & will take that spot as the season progresses.

Advertisement
This is a great freshman class UM brought in, log it

They will do incredible things in the next several years

Really competitive kids make great special teamers. Not everyone will be a day 1 starter. I’d like to have a kid like him on kick team so our all conference tailback doesn’t have to be a gunner
What part of Richts quote said “special teams guy” to you?

This kid wants it as much as anyone on the roster.

Advertisement
Can doubt it all you want but the reps tell a different story. This is from rumph. "He’s had some plays fall into his lap and I call that living right," Rumph said with a smile. "He has made way more plays than [Ivey], but I am trying to clean up his technique a little bit."

As an ugly ******* in my 40s I am very familiar with and a huge fan of the Blaydes lineage in canes lore. However, I'm not ready to crown a true freshman based off one comment from the head coach that was pretty general. I watched Blaydes as a sophomore at University school get dominated by a Clewiston wide receiver who is currently balling for Middle Tennessee State. I filmed that game for the CHS staff, quietly hoping Al would shut our best player down but the opposite occurred. I'm positive Blaydes is light years better today and will end up making the family name proud. But Im cautious in my expectations for his freshman year if only to be fair. I can't wait to see him ball out and bring back memories of old. It will come soon enough

Advertisement
Some of us have been trying to tell yall about these Freshman Corners for a while now.

I'm not buying Dean being the shoo-in opposite of MJ, idc what he does in Fall camp. He only played a little over 70 snaps last year & he doesn't have the upside of the other 3. He's a limited Corner that lacks physicality & it will show up on the field.

We'll probably have to wait until he gets spun around for a few games before he gets moved down, but the 3 young thoroughbreds are on his neck & will take that spot as the season progresses.
Dean lost that spot to bandy in the spring. Bandy has been the #2 corner through camp so far too.

Dad's Smiling Down......

Attachments

• 17390543_141378203053692_8566278881958094412_o.jpg
    17390543_141378203053692_8566278881958094412_o.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 21
Of all the legacy players we've had; when I heard Al Blades, I smiled.

When I heard amatuer pundits say he wasn't going to be worthwhile here, I laughed.

The Blades family has a violent history at the University. A good kind of violence, not what happens at OSU and UF. ;)

Advertisement
Back