Richt just interviewed on ESPN2

i dont wanna hear nadda about depth going forward

we're bringing in 24 guys. will put us at 82 total before ANY more attrition(which will clearly happen).

if depth was that important, we've have taken a run at some more guys late.

No sense perpetuating the Folden model of grabbing Junior Alexis, James King, Terrence Henley, and guys like that at the end.

Don't be surprised to see a regroup after today and a pursuit of a grad transfer or two. If you don't land your targets don't grab stiffs just to fill up your roster. Then, you wind up with a bunch of depth that is ****.

Junior Alexis, lmao. I forgot that fat **** existed. Jesus, what an abortion Alfred Golden was.

Advertisement
We had 3 recruits who told us they were coming last Monday one way or another not committ to Miami. That sh*t hurts man

we're bringing in 24 guys. will put us at 82 total before ANY more attrition(which will clearly happen).

No sense perpetuating the Folden model of grabbing Junior Alexis, James King, Terrence Henley, and guys like that at the end.

Don't be surprised to see a regroup after today and a pursuit of a grad transfer or two. If you don't land your targets don't grab stiffs just to fill up your roster. Then, you wind up with a bunch of depth that is ****.

Amen!

It's def not difficult to figure out who the the millennial posters are on this board.

Advertisement
Class is a failure..

- We will probably finish about 16th because Clemson and Stanford (who only have 14 commits) you would figure wants about 18-21 or so..
- IDK what worse... laughing at the Gators a week ago only to have them steal our lunch and finish higher in the rankings.. or losing a recruiting battle to Randy Shannon when we had all the momentum and they recruited these guys late..
- We lost basically every player in which there was a serious competitor (Smith, McFarland, Edwards, Henderson, McKitty, Jeudy, and at one point Harley was gone to WVU.)
- We put all our eggs into one basket with no backup plans..
- We had other sure option that were quality players (not Al Golden like fill in) that if we actually tried to recruit them.. they'd be our.. like Brini (UGA), Gibson (ORE), Epstein(ILL), Telford(UF), Thompson(UCF), Gamble(UF).. etc

I do like the overall speed.

i used to be a sucker for that 'relationship" talking point.

far too much evidence to the contrary for it to hold much weight

Depends on the school.

Teams without a strong booster network have to build relationships with kids. Those with a strong booster network ignore them all year and just drop bags.

Love how they HAD to rush to immediately get to Hugh Freeze and hid 96th ranked class following Rick's interview. AMAZINGLY, the e$ECpn clowns never addressed why there was such a dropoff at Ole ****.

Advertisement
i used to be a sucker for that 'relationship" talking point.

far too much evidence to the contrary for it to hold much weight

This^^^^^

Richt is just spinning. Florida barely recruited Edwards compared to us and nobody showed CJ more love.

Also, Brown was almost Whoopie's family member, that's how close they were.

Relationships mean jack ****, unless your handler, high school coach or bags are involved.

What's he supposed to say? Yeah, we had some great relationships with kids but bags won out.

Class is a failure..

- We will probably finish about 16th because Clemson and Stanford (who only have 14 commits) you would figure wants about 18-21 or so..
- IDK what worse... laughing at the Gators a week ago only to have them steal our lunch and finish higher in the rankings.. or losing a recruiting battle to Randy Shannon when we had all the momentum and they recruited these guys late..
- We lost basically every player in which there was a serious competitor (Smith, McFarland, Edwards, Henderson, McKitty, Jeudy, and at one point Harley was gone to WVU.)
- We had other sure option that were quality players (not Al Golden like fill in) that if we actually tried to recruit them.. they'd be our.. like Brini (UGA), Gibson (ORE), Epstein(ILL), Telford(UF), Thompson(UCF), Gamble(UF).. etc

Clemson and Stanford have both come out and said they were taking small classes this year due to numbers. Dabo said on ESPN today 14 was probably his number.

Regardless though I doubt you can call this class a failure. We signed a plus OL class which was a big need. We strengthened good LB and DL classes. The WR class, which was also a huge need, got a great combo of speed (Harley and Thomas) and (Njoku). TE shouldn't be that big of an issue. Polendy is a wildcard, but with Haskins and Irvin staying on board a receiving TE can be moved to next year.

RB and DB are question marks no doubt. But we added quality players at DB (even if not enough). Who knows about Burns. We will have to judge him in a year or two. I remember when he committed we were all pumped. So hopefully he can get healthy. Bottom line is as long as we keep showing improvement on the field, we will continue to show improvement in recruiting. I think we showed improvement in both this year.

For those that missed:

- talked how the program is not there yet where they have the depth and freshman have a real chance to come in and make a difference if they show maturity
- deflected a little on this class and said how recruiting is a 4 year cycle these days and he and his staff and building those relationships early on and will be paying dividends down the road in future classes
- when asked about the QB situation he said its wide open and no one has earned the right to have the starter spot locked up

In other words, he did an Alfredo Gorlden.

Yep....everyone knows you need to recruit kids for 8 years now (evidence=Kirby Smart). Oh wait :dbc-head3:

But it's okay, because the slurpers will say that this wasn't REALLY his first full class, or Gorlden ***ked it up, or relationships matter, or they were jags anyways, or **** like Richt just spewed.

It's about money and UM doesn't have any. Are you expecting more then this without paying kids? Good Luck.

Advertisement
Love how they HAD to rush to immediately get to Hugh Freeze and hid 96th ranked class following Rick's interview. AMAZINGLY, the e$ECpn clowns never addressed why there was such a dropoff at Ole ****.
Holy ****, I had no idea. That's hilarious.

This is one of our main problems. We constantly finish second for highly rated guys, without a viable back up plan, thus killing depth.

I'm not sure how you fix the problem without winning more games, which is tough to do without depth.

Advertisement
Class is a failure..

You have quickly made yourself one of the most consistent worst posters on the board. Congrats!

For those that missed:

- talked how the program is not there yet where they have the depth and freshman have a real chance to come in and make a difference if they show maturity
- deflected a little on this class and said how recruiting is a 4 year cycle these days and he and his staff and building those relationships early on and will be paying dividends down the road in future classes
- when asked about the QB situation he said its wide open and no one has earned the right to have the starter spot locked up

In other words, he did an Alfredo Gorlden.

Yep....everyone knows you need to recruit kids for 8 years now (evidence=Kirby Smart). Oh wait :dbc-head3:

So...you were head Golden cheerleader up until halftime of the Clemson game and you hate Richt already. Makes sense.

Go Canes!

There sure is a whole lotta mental retardation in this thread. We.just.signed.our.best.class.in.years. Now could we of added another rb and another cb ? Sure but its not our fault Mcfadden and Henderson are morons. But this class is amazing and great building block to add to last year's class which had 4 freshmen all american on it.

Class is a failure..

Ed Reed would think you are unworthy of his time.

Advertisement
Back